PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here use ETSY?

sparks19
11-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm considering joining etsy to sell some of my handmade jewelry. Is this site worthwhile? I have read the rules and regulations etc but I want some opinions about it.

Do you use it to buy or sell or both? What is your experience like?

Killearn Kitties
11-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I have bought something from Glacier on Etsy, but I only joined to buy that particular thing. Not much to say really, it was easy to use and worked the way it should.

I know I have seen a link to the site in someone else's signature here, but I can't remember whose. Helpful eh? If I see it again, I'll let you know!

Kfamr
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm addicted to Etsy. I've bought quite a bit of items off, never attempted to sell, though. Every transaction has gone smoothly.

I'm thinking about starting up a line of dog bandanas/collar covers/toys.

My most recent purchase was:
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.20748313.jpg
So cute!

The lady included a pair of tyedye socks, as well. A lot of shop owners include cute little small gifts with each purchase, atleast everyone that I've purchased from.

RedHedd
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I learned about Etsy from Makeupalley.com - the other board that I hang out at. GREAT stuff especially the Saturday Night Specials - it's like a feeding frenzy! Go for it!

Husky_mom
11-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I have intended to join... but I´m such a procastinator...LOL

I did go look several times and fell for stuff...

Glacier, I did buy from her but not from the etsy site.. I love her beads ;)

sparks19
11-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah I knew someone here had it in their siggy but I also cannot remember who it was lol.

I think I am going to give it a shot.

I have some pieces that are just sitting around collecting dust so I might test the waters with those just to see how it goes and how it all works.

I've never bought anything or sold anything from there but now that I have been looking around the site I am really intrigued lol.

Kfamr... That onesie is SOOOOOOO CUTE. You need a pic of the socks lol. they must just be the cutest little things.

Glacier
11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I sell my beads and jewellery on etsy. www.bieyedbeading.etsy.com

It works better for me and is cheaper than Ebay. There are tons of beads and jewellery artists on there. If you can list an item every couple days, it works best. Keeps your items at the top of the search pages.

Finn's mom sells there too. She has the link in her siggy I think.

Good luck

sparks19
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I sell my beads and jewellery on etsy. www.bieyedbeading.etsy.com

It works better for me and is cheaper than Ebay. There are tons of beads and jewellery artists on there. If you can list an item every couple days, it works best. Keeps your items at the top of the search pages.

Finn's mom sells there too. She has the link in her siggy I think.

Good luck

GReat. thank you for the tip.

so is it a pretty easy site to maneuver and use for buying and selling?

I just took a look at your page... that's awesome. I love your beads.

LOL I just went and dug through all my unopened moving boxes to find my box of jewelry... wouldn't you know it... it was in the VERY last box lmao.

Now I just have to come up with a name for my "shop"

If it's available I'm leaning towards hannah's song creations

ramanth
11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I bought an item from Etsy just recently. Very easy and very happy. :)

finn's mom
11-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the post about my site, Glacier. :)

Mine is at www.kariarcherphoto.etsy.com!

I love it.

It is extremely easy to list an item, and very inexpensive.

Very easy to purchase, as well.

Great place for gifts, I've bought a few things and have loved everything!

I've sold three prints so far. :)

I had more images up than I do now, but took them down until I can watermark them all.

Good luck, and let us know when you get your shop up!

That onesie is really cute.

sparks19
11-10-2008, 10:34 PM
OH Finn's mom your site is great. I LOVE that giraffe pic. My mom loves animal print stuff.

Well I have named my store "HannahsHands" and when I have it up and running I will post the link :D

thanks guys. I'm really excited about this.