PDA

View Full Version : Official Welcome to Myles and Cyrus...;)

Husky_mom
11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
itīs official.... theyīre here to stay!! .. :D :D

so....this weekend was a real shocker for me... I think my hubby was abducted because the man I was with did things my hubby wouldnīt... ;)

when we arrived home he saw Myles (white/orange) and say "and that cat?" and I was like heīs been roaming here... and he said "weird he doesnīt runs away"... as he was reaching to pet him :eek:

a while later I called him to the back window where my birds are and Myles was there lying beside the cage just lounging and he said " he doesnīt bothers them and they (bird) donīt even seem to care about the fact a cat is besides them" (less than 20 cms).. and I was grinning the whole time...

he went out and Cyrus was there.. and he said "there are two?" and I nodded... he watered the garden and they both were very content passing by him and hubby didnīt shoo them...

later that day my kid went out and they had gone potty (I presume as they werenīt by the door) and asked hubby "where are the cats?" he answered "theyīre over there a few houses away"... and he continued... "dad, can they stay?" and he said " as long as they are not inside, because they are dirty, they can stay".... hmmm.... what if they got cleaned up I wondered... ;)

next day (sunday) I was in shock he had tolerated them so far... and he got surprised again as they were on the mat lying there AND the trash was intact :D... then when he came back inside Cyrus came along as well... AND HE LET HIM!! :D then he went out on his own... who is this man that let in a "strange" cat?.. ;)

in the afternoon a friend of his came by and asked hubby "you have cats now?" and he said "they are streeters, but my wife adopted them"... WHAT?!! did I hear that right?.. I ADOPTED THEM?... YAY!!!!

at night he asked me what are you giving them for breakfast... whiskas?.. and I said yeah... so to my surprise on tha morning was that when we were heading out.. I was turning back to grab their food and he said "I already fed them".... double WHAT??!!.. my hubby just fed the cats??!!.... I canīt believe that... a real shocker..... but a nice one :D

I did heard a bad opening noie when he got out, I was still upstairs but heard it, never realized it was him feeding them...

I was gonna say long stoy short.. but I guess I shared the long story long afterall...

so in resume. theyīre staying...havenīt told him the names as I wanted to be sure first and not for him to feel imposed by me already giving them names...

I donīt have new pics yet... but will take some and share later..

for those that doīt know Myles or Cyrus.. here are some pics Myles and Cyrus pics (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=147838)

GILL
11-10-2008, 01:13 PM
A BIG CONGRATS
Just wait till he's sitting watching TV and one of the "CATS" comes by with a head bump looking for a scratch. They have a way of melting the hart.

Catty1
11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
YAAY! You just stepped back and let Miles and Cyrus do all the work! :D Good stuff!

Good work, kitties! :love::D

Husky_mom
11-10-2008, 01:25 PM
I forgot to say.. when he petted them...they purred.. and he asked why they did that.. so I said.. because they are content and happy... and he was like hehe how cool... I think heīs sold on them ;)

Barbara
11-10-2008, 02:27 PM
he petted them...they purred.. and he asked why they did that.. so I said.. because they are content and happy... and he was like hehe how cool... ;)
And again- here were two cats who knew their job :D

Donnaj4962
11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh Yeah! I am so glad they are staying! Men..... go figure! They are always surprising us. I am just VERY GLAD that this was a nice surprise!

Taz_Zoee
11-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Woo Hoo!! I wonder if it's something with the date. Because Bruce was like that yesterday in getting Taggart. But hey, we aren't complaining are we?!?! :D

Welcome "Home" Myles and Cyrus!! :D :D
(Now you just need to work on getting them INSIDE the house, hee hee.)

catmandu
11-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I THINK THAT A LOT OF MEN THINK THAT CATS ARE PETS FOR LADIES, AND ARE AFRIAD TO SHOW THIER SOFTER SIDE.
BUT WE HAVE FAITH IN MYLES AND CYRUS, TO WEAR THAT GEMTLEMAN DOWN, AND MAKE FRIENDS WITH HIM.:love::love::love:

Medusa
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I agree w/Gary; I think men sometimes act as though they don't care for cats when they actually do but they think it isn't macho. Whatever the reason for your husband's conversion, I'm happy for you all. Welcome, Myles and Cyrus! They're adorable! :love:

Karen
11-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Hee hee - bet the purring sealed the deal! What do the dogs think of the new guys?

Moesha
11-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I wondered several times today how it went with the husband! Such good news! I must say that I really like the Myles and Cyrus names. Today thought I kept thinking of WentWorth. Just because of the two "W"s on his back and his tabby forehead. I like Myles and Cyrus better though. So glad things are going well with them!

rg_girlca
11-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Good job Myles & Cyrus. Keep it up. I don't know how anyone could resist such adorable faces as yours.

Welcome to PT and I am sooooo looking forward to pictures of you sitting on your pawpies lap. :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Congrats!!!:D I was hoping that they'd be able to stay with you. They sure are handsome.:)

Husky_mom
11-11-2008, 11:20 AM
well... with the bird there is NO problem at all... they donīt mind each other :D

with Queeq... they have smelled through the door.. Iīve yet to let them meet face to face...

with the huskies....well :rolleyes:... thereīs no way on earth they can EVER meet... for the safety of the cats I wonīt let them near each other...

right now... the kitties are soooo gonna hate me, I took them to the *v*e*t* for a b*a*t*h*, s*h*o*t* and deworming... ;)

but last night I got the hugest most lovable hug Iīve ever gotten...:D :D

Cyrus was at my feet... so I squated to pet him... next thing I know he jumped right at my face...so I flinched.. but he placed one paw to each side of my neck and headbumped my chin...when I lowered my face I got a nice kitty lick.... awwww.....

lvpets2002
11-11-2008, 11:55 AM
:love: I knew the babies would purr & google eye your hubby.. Well Many Congrats on your two new kitty babies..

jazzcat
11-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Aww, how sweet that Cyrus gave you a hug. :)

Congrats on your new additions.

RICHARD
11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
itīs official.... theyīre here to stay!! .. :D :D

so....this weekend was a real shocker for me... I think my hubby was abducted because the man I was with did things my hubby wouldnīt... ;)

Offer him a head massage and check to see that he has no bumps on his skull.

Sometimes a concussion can change a man's behavior.:eek:

Husky_mom
11-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Sometimes a concussion can change a man's behavior.:eek:

hmm.. perhaps the frying pan I smashed on his haed had a thing to do with that.. :p

(joking)