PDA

View Full Version : I got a new brofurr!...by Tehya

Glacier
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
WOOOOO PT

Look what my Mom brought home for me yesterday!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%2008/reggaeprofile.jpg
His name is Reggae! He's my new brofurr!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%2008/reggaeplaying.jpg
He spent yesterday just hanging out by himself, getting adjusted a bit. I wasn't allowed to play with him. I just sniffed him through the fence!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%2008/teyregmet.jpg
Today I got to meet him!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%2008/regwrass.jpg
I LIKE HIM!! I LIKE HIM ALOT!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%2008/play.jpg
I think he likes me too! We had lots of fun wrassling and playing chase this afternoon. You'd never guess that Reggae is over 9 years old! He plays like a babydog!

Mom says Reggae is our new lead dog. She is very happy that he came to live here cuz we really, really, really needed a leader dog. Reggae is gonna help train me up so I can be a lead dog too!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%2008/thanksmom.jpg
I say Thanks for the new brofurr, Mom!

Wooooo
Tehya

CathyBogart
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
What a great present for you Tehya! :D Looks like you and your new brofurr had a lot of fun!

chocolatepuppy
11-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Welcome Reggae! Oh happy day for you Tehya!:D

luvofallhorses
11-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Raggae is a handsome fellow, Tehya! :D

Cinder & Smoke
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
:)

WOOOOO-Hooooo, Tehya! ;)

And WELCOME to the Glacier Herd, Reggae!! :D

Lead Dawg, huh? ... He looks pretty *serious* & *intelligent* ... good pick, Mom!

*Chew* on him gently, Tehya ... ya don't want him runnin back home.

finn's mom
11-09-2008, 09:08 PM
He is beautiful! I love the red in his fur, it matches his eyes. He's stunning!

Taz_Zoee
11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Woo Hoo!! So you and Zoee both have new brofurr's. :D

Is there a story behind Reggae??

kimlovescats
11-09-2008, 09:10 PM
He is gorgeous! Looks like a wolf dog? What a GREAT picture of you and Tehya!!!:love::D

ramanth
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM
What a gorgeous boy Reggae is!!! :love: Welcome to PT! And congrats to you Tehya! ;) :D

critter crazy
11-09-2008, 09:39 PM
What a handsome man!!!:love:

K9karen
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Can't wait to hear the tail (:p) about this handsome guy!
Love his name too! Good job making him feel welcomed to the pack, Tehya, our famous social butterfly!

Glacier
11-09-2008, 11:03 PM
No wolf in him. He's an Alaskan Husky....fancy way to say he's a mutt bred to pull. He was originally from a long distance racing kennel.

Reggae came from the same musher who gave me Sleet and Paxil. I ran into her a couple weeks ago in the grocery store and told her that Paxil has to retire. She mentioned that Reggae might be available as he is much older than the rest of her dogs and doesn't enjoy running in a big team so much anymore. I rarely run more than 8 dogs, most often I just take six. Speed isn't an issue for me, but passing loose dogs is. Tehya will get there, but right now she wants to stop and play! I am hoping that by the time Reggae needs to retire, Tehya will be able to take over leader duties.

Works out for all of us...Reggae gets to run in a team that suits him better; I get the leader I need to keep mushing; Trish knows her dog is safe, happy, still doing what he loves and that he will retire to a comfy couch when he needs to; and Tehya gets a new chew toy!

cyber-sibes
11-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Works out for all of us...Reggae gets to run in a team that suits him better; I get the leader I need to keep mushing; Trish knows her dog is safe, happy, still doing what he loves and that he will retire to a comfy couch when he needs to; and Tehya gets a new chew toy!And a very handsome one at that!:D Welcome, Reggae!

ramanth
11-09-2008, 11:18 PM
A win/win situation for all! :D

k9krazee
11-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the Pack Reggae!! :D It definitely sounds like a win/win situation! :D

gemini9961
11-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics of him leading the team. :)

Husky_mom
11-10-2008, 11:28 AM
what a nice story and what a hunky boy....

definately all for the best of everyone involved... including US !!! hehehe

he is so cute... he reminds me of Grizzly (sleddog) and I got confused is it Franklin or Bandit of yours :p

YAY!!! welcome Reggae... we expect seeing more of you and your "siblings" soon ;)

gini
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
There is just something about your threads that make me excited and happy.

What grand news for Tehya (in training) and Reggae has no idea how good he has it now!!

Congratulations to everyone!

Taz_Zoee
11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Awww, that's a wonderful story. It sounds like everyone gets what they want in the end. :)

Hey Tehya, take notes from Mr Reggae. You'll need to fill his harness someday. :)

RipplingWaves55
11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow, Reggae is handsome! I'm sure he loves his new little brother. Another fur? LUCKY. :eek: I'm crazy, I want a chi or a pommie and I already have three insane dogs.. :love: I just love furs. Good luck with the new addition.

Let me guess.. a Native American Indian Dog? :)

Glacier
11-10-2008, 02:23 PM
is it Franklin or Bandit of yours :p

He looks alot like Franklin and Deuce. He moves like Franklin which is kinda cool. Franky has a different, but highly effective pulling gait. Reggae's coloring is very similar to Deuce's.

Alysser
11-11-2008, 06:14 PM
He's absolutely STUNNING, as are all your dogs. I'm glad you wound up with him :) Reggea is so handsome. Teyha I'm glad you got a new BROFFUR!!

MoonandBean
11-11-2008, 07:05 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Tehya! That is one handsome new brofurr you've got there! Enjoy him...I'm sure you will!!!:love:

cassiesmom
11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Wooooo, Tehya! That is one handsome brofurr! Welcome, Reggae! P.S., Tehya, the picture of you and your mom made my eyes all leaky!

Ginger's Mom
11-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow, I really have missed a lot. He is gorgeous. Good for you Tehya, making that handsome boy feel so comfortable. I can't wait to see more of him.

captain
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
I have been WAITING for you to post this ....... having seen the pics on Facebook!!! :)
Welcome darlin furPlaything for Tehya ........ oh, and lead Dawg too!

pitc9
11-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the Pack and welcome to PT Reggae.

cassiesmom
11-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Wooo, Tehya ... how is your new brofur?

Glacier
11-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Wooo, Tehya ... how is your new brofur?

Wooo WOO Ms. Elyse

Reggae is good. We have discovered that he HATES being alone. Oh, my how he hates it! So at night, Raven hangs out with him. She likes to howl her fool head off at night and Regs howls when he is alone. When they are together, they are pretty much quiet, just some playing noises occasionally.

Wooo
Tehya

Cinder & Smoke
11-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Reggae is good. We have discovered that he HATES being alone.

So at night, Raven hangs out with him.

When they are together, they are pretty much quiet ...

Does Regs do the INside Dawg thing?

And how are The Sickkies doing? ... Are you giving Dad any room on the BigBed?

Glacier
11-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Does Regs do the INside Dawg thing?

And how are The Sickkies doing? ... Are you giving Dad any room on the BigBed?

WOOOO MR. Phred

Reggae ain't never been in a house. Mom will bring him in soon enough though! We gotta test him with the kitties and introduce him to a few more dogs first. He'll probably haffa be crated for awhile, but sled doggers seem to like crates! I love mine!

Dad is doing better, but he keeps trying to do too much. Mom had to go back to work so he sneaks around and does stuff when she ain't home! Bad Dad!!

Heyoka is getting much better. Mom was gonna post about him in Health later! He has his wiggle back today!

WOooo
Tehya

Reachoutrescue
11-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Welcome Reggae!! And congrats Tehya on the new brofurr!!! He is stunning and I am so glad we got to "meet" him! I know he will be a great lead dog for you guys!! Glad everybody is starting to feel better!! Thanks for sharing and I love the pics!!

Cinder & Smoke
11-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Reggae ain't never been in a house.
We gotta test him with the kitties ...
He'll probably haffa be crated for awhile ...

Dad is doing better ...
Mom had to go back to work -
so he sneaks around and does stuff when she ain't home!
Bad Dad!!

Heyoka is getting much better ...
He has his wiggle back today!

Hope Regs gets a good grade onna KAT Test!

"Bad Dad" ... now why doesn't that s'prize me? :rolleyes:
Tell Mom to try a chain around his waist ... secured with HANDCUFS
tied to his bum wrist ...
That otta cut into the unauthorized activities a lil bit. :p

Glad Heyoka got his *wiggle butt* back in action!

Life is Good!! ;)

Freckles
12-10-2008, 03:31 PM
How do you pronounce Reggae's name? :confused:
rejay?
regay?
or something else?

cassiesmom
12-10-2008, 07:27 PM
He HATES being alone. So at night, Raven hangs out with him.

Wooo
Tehya

Awwww, handsome Reggae! I don't like being alone very much either. I'm glad you have Raven to hang out with you!

ramanth
12-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I assume it's pronounced [reg-ey] (with a hard 'a') since it's spelled like the genre for Jamaican music. :)

How do you pronounce Reggae's name? :confused:
rejay?
regay?
or something else?

cassiesmom
12-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Tehya, how's the new brofurr and all the rest of your family?

pnance
12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Isn't it great to have a new chew toy Teyha....:D;)