PDA

View Full Version : @#$%&*!!!! The hazards of pet ownership... (now w/photos)

ramanth
11-09-2008, 08:10 PM
(Photos Post #14)

So I'm running late for work. In my rush around the house and trying to avoid stepping on the cats who are shadowing my every move, arms full of laundry, I fail to notice the strategically placed well chewed dog bone.

Till I stepped on it. :eek: :mad:

I screamed, threw my hands up, laundry goes everywhere.

Fell to my knees, dogs instantly in my face, as I'm scrambling to clutch my skewered foot.

Blessedly it doesn't need stitches but it's bleeding so I'm hobbling to the bathroom with the dogs now underfoot trying to help. :rolleyes:

Get it cleaned up, medicated, and dressed. Hurts like the dickens.

I feel like a gimp at work. I hope I got it cleaned up well and good. At least I'm already on Amoxicilin (for a sinus infection) in case I didn't. :p :rolleyes:

I swear they'll be the death of me.... :cool:

Karen
11-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Yowch! I hope they gave you kisses to make up for it ....

chocolatepuppy
11-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Dog bones are not fun to step on.;) Hope your foot is better soon.

kimlovescats
11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry!!!:(

Cookiebaker
11-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Yea, those dog bones sure can be hazardous....I've stubbed my pinky toe so many times and every time I see stars.

I hope your foot feels better ASAP!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
11-09-2008, 09:11 PM
I fail to notice the strategically placed well chewed dog bone.

Till I stepped on it. :eek: :mad:

I've often wondered if I could outfit my Feets with RADAR?

Hard to remember all the "stuff" my feet have "discovered" ...

* Dawg Bones
* Soggy Kat Meese
* COLD & Soggy Kat Hair Balls
* Carefully tightened Dawg tethers (blocking a footway)
* Strategically placed Poohs :eek: (Honest Dad, it just *fell out*!)
* Strategically placed *Urrk & Girrks* ... (NOT Mine, Dad!)
* Mysterious "wet carpet" :mad:
* High Tide in the kitchen (Hey Dad - SUMbuddie spilt our wadder!)
* A slumbering Dawg (or KAt) who can't be bothered to *MOVE*!

* And there have been others ... :rolleyes:

Hope the Foot feels better (soon), Kimmy! ;)

anna_66
11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Owie!

I know how bad it is to step on stuff like that (although it's usually Bon stepping on me:rolleyes: )

Hope your foot feels better soon!

ramanth
11-09-2008, 09:44 PM
LOL! Thanks. :)

Oh how I would of rather felt the squish of dog/cat surprise between my toes. :eek: :p :D

And the bone got me right in the center of my foot. The nice soft part. :(

Taz_Zoee
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
OUCH!! I hope your foot feels better soon. I've stepped on my share of toys, kicked a few cats (accidentally!!) and tripped over a dog here and there. No serious injuries (yet, fingers crossed).

CountryWolf07
11-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Dog bones are not fun to step on.;) Hope your foot is better soon.

Especially if they were moist bones... yuck.

K9karen
11-09-2008, 11:10 PM
*Sigh*.. the pain and scars of dog ownership.:rolleyes:
I hope your foot feels better soon, Kim

moosmom
11-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Kimmy, Kimmy, Kimmy...

If I've taught you ANYTHING, (cat bite ring a bell????) HYDROGEN PEROXIDE!!! I swear our furkids do it purposely to (no pun intended) keep us on our toes (LOL). Hope you're okay. If it starts turning colors, go to the ER, please.

Barbara
11-10-2008, 10:49 AM
I have that co-worker who had the newfie (sadly he passed away two years ago). One evening she was sitting at home at her computer and the room was dark - except the computer.
She stood up to get some tea - and didn't notice there was Teddy, also called the black hole, lying next to her desk. So she fell and broke her knee and her upper calf in a complicated way:eek:

I think newfies should come with a lamp around their neck.

ramanth
11-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh my goodness Barbara! :eek: That must of hurt for her. :(

I've tripped over all the dogs and cats, but thankfully haven't broke anything.... yet. ;)

Here's the culprit...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/Fur%20Kids/IMG_8415.jpg

Don't worry mom, I'll teach that nasty bone a lesson. :p
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/Fur%20Kids/IMG_8409.jpg

My foot this morning... Still stiff and tender but feeling a little better..
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/Fur%20Kids/IMG_8411.jpg

Thanks for all the good thoughts. :)

P.S. The culprit is in the trash can. :D

Cincy'sMom
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I have several similar looking culprits, although I think I have disposed of most that are jagged...I just seem to kick the big heavy ones in the dark!!

Hope your foot heals quickly!

pomtzu
11-10-2008, 01:34 PM
OUCH!! I hope your foot feels better soon. I've stepped on my share of toys, kicked a few cats (accidentally!!) and tripped over a dog here and there. No serious injuries (yet, fingers crossed).

Been there too. Stepped on the dog's tennis ball (didn't turn on the light when I got out of bed during the night), and ended up in surgery to repair my badly fractured wrist. :eek: What we don't go thru for our 4-legged furry kids!!

Hope the foot is a lot better now!

lvpets2002
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
:eek: WoW Ouchy Ouchy == Hate to laugh But thats for a very Good Laugh.. That is the way you worded the story.. I have so been there done that.. :D

boomersooner
11-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I used to trip and step on those durn hooves....they hurt soooo bad...With Boomer, I don't really step on his toys, but I almost step on him all of the time because he is always underfoot!!! Hope your foot heels quickly!!!!

Catlady711
11-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Ouch!!!!:eek: Glad it's feeling better today though.

Sometimes I swear pets try to put obstacles in our way on purpose, (including their own bodies) just for the entertainment value of watching us flail around trying to keep our balance. lol

Catty1
11-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Yow, what a bump and bruise! :eek: Are you putting ice or peroxide or anything on it?

Glad it's a bit better today!

ramanth
11-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Hydrogen Peroxide and Neosporin. :D

Catty1
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Hydrogen Peroxide - "buzz, buzz, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!" :D

Hope you are all better SOON.

cyber-sibes
11-11-2008, 12:03 PM
You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out,

you step down on that bone, then you shake it up & down...

You do Dog Hokey Pokey & you turn yourself around,

that's what its all about! Youch!

:D

ramanth
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Bwhahahaha!! I love it Pat. :D

Alysser
11-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow, nice job Kia :p You really hurt mom that time, I'm glad you didn't need stitches though.

MoonandBean
11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Ouch. I would imagine those edges were pretty loaded with bacteria and it looks like a "puncture wound" so if you haven't had a tetanus booster within 5years, you should see your doctor. (10 years is for routine vaccine; 5 years if there's an injury). Amoxicillin might not cover the bacteria so if it starts to get more painful or red, don't assume you're covered. You might need something a little more broad spectrum.

Hope it heals up no problemo!!!!!!!!

sirrahved
11-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Hydrogen Peroxide - "buzz, buzz, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!" :D

Hope you are all better SOON.

I think we are mixing drug jingles lol

I pray your foot is back to normal soon. It looks painful!

ramanth
11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Ouch. I would imagine those edges were pretty loaded with bacteria and it looks like a "puncture wound" so if you haven't had a tetanus booster within 5years, you should see your doctor. (10 years is for routine vaccine; 5 years if there's an injury).

How ironic! December 2008 will be exactly five years since my last tetanus shot. I had to get one when Logan bit me. :o

As for the wound, it's still tender to the touch, but no redness or swelling. Yay!

MoonandBean
11-13-2008, 02:10 PM
How ironic! December 2008 will be exactly five years since my last tetanus shot. I had to get one when Logan bit me. :o

As for the wound, it's still tender to the touch, but no redness or swelling. Yay!

You're good then :)

Zippy
11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear about that.I have stepped on dog bones and it hurts alot.
My two girls almost trip me everytime I give them treats.I alwas tell them if they kill me they don't eat.