PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what I was thinking! 3 new pix on #35

Taz_Zoee
11-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I was volunteering yesterday and someone asked if I'd seen the Aussie mix that we had. So I took a peak and all was fine. Yeah, he was cute.
Later at the fund raiser that night they started bringing out the shelter dogs. I had my stuff in hand ready to go home and I saw him. I had to put my stuff down and go meet him face to face. He immediately put his head down on my leg. That's when I fell in :love:! Now all I had to do was go home and convince Bruce. Yeah right!
Of course the first words out of his mouth were - we don't need another "darn" dog around here!!! I asked him if he'd at least go look. We needed to be there at noon when they opened because I was sure he'd go quickly. That wasn't possible because he had a lunch planned with a client. But he said I could go with him. I said good, then we can stop by after. Thinking he'd already be gone by then.
Anyway, we got to the shelter a little before 2pm and he was still there!!!:eek: So we filled out the papers to at least meet with him. That's all it took and Bruce fell in love too. :)

So allow me to introduce......Taggart (his shelter name and we like it so it's staying)!!!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Taggart/Nov2008006.jpg

He has a tail!!! :eek:
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Taggart/Nov2008009.jpg

Am I seeing double?
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Taggart/Nov2008007.jpg

Here is what he was doing while I was on the computer earlier.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Taggart/Nov2008005.jpg

So, Taz is tolerating him, as usual. Paizly is not a happy camper, which surprises me a little.
I just hope I'm not getting in over my head here. With Taz's upcoming surgery, I'm a little worried. But things happen for a reason, right?

Moesha
11-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh my. I am completely speechless! And no Z in his name! LOL

kimlovescats
11-09-2008, 07:54 PM
He's adorable! Congratulations!

Giselle
11-09-2008, 07:55 PM
OMG CONGRATULATIONS Cindy!!!!!!! I have to meet him now!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

He's adorable!! How old?? :love:

Glacier
Congrats! He's adorable!

Cincy'sMom
What a cutie!!!

Taz_Zoee
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
LOL! I know, the Z issue was discussed. Bruce liked Ozzy, but we decided to keep Taggart.

Oh, sorry, he is 6 months old. And he is a parvo survivor as well.

Does anyone have any clue what he may be mixed with? Whatever it is it's a small amount. Because I see mostly Aussie in him. The coloring is about the only thing not fully Aussie.

Oh, and he is sooo calm! There is another Aussie at the shelter that I love, she is visually impaired. But she is just way to active for us. This guy is so mellow, it's amazing. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

Oh, I also liked to keep the name because of our other fellow PT pup named Taggart, 4 Dog Mother (oops, I guess they spell it Taggert, but the siggy says Taggart). But there's also another Taggart, Varga's :D

wolf_Q
11-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Awww what a cute pup! Congratulations! :) I definitely see the aussie, maybe he has some great pyrenees in him too? They are generally fairly mellow dogs, not as active as an aussie. This dog is border collie/great pyrenees http://www.raisingaddie.blogspot.com/

Taz_Zoee
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh my, aren't Great Pyrenees large dogs? :eek: Oh well, that's okay. Hee hee.

Oh, one Aussie trait he doesn't have is the butt waggle. He doesn't get super excited like Zoee does. But the tail sure does wag alot. :) That's something we have to get used to.

chocolatepuppy
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh my goodness! What a cutie! :love:Sometimes these things just happen.;) Will be looking forward to seeing more of Taggart!:D

kitten645
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
WOOOOHOOOO! I am proud to have witnessed first hand a match made in heaven!! :love::love: I was at the event and Taggart was the BIGGEST Lovebug there! I just knew he had a bright future and you and he were meant to be. Paizly is little and she'll get over it in time. Congrats to all of you!
Claudia

Daisy and Delilah
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
OMG!!!! Squeals..........CONGRATULATIONS CINDY!!! He is absolutely precious!! I love him.:)

luvofallhorses
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
:love::love: I am in love! He's gorgeous. :love: Congratulations! :D

caseysmom
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh my gosh he is adorable...we for sure need a pet talk meet up now! I love his spotted belly.

critter crazy
11-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Adorable!!!!! Congrats!!!!:love:

Medusa
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh, he's a cutie alright! Congratulations and welcome, Taggart. :love:

K9karen
11-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Can I borrow Bruce?
A gazillion jumps for joy and even more congratulations! Taggart is SOOOO adorable! And YES! Things DO happen for a reason!

ramanth
11-09-2008, 10:23 PM
He's beautiful!! Congrats!

shais_mom
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
omg!
how cute and congratulations! :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Congrats!!!:D He sure is a handsome little boy.:) I'm sure he'll fit in fine and everyone will learn to accept him very soon.:)

HoochsMommiee
11-10-2008, 06:03 AM
what a cutie piie

pomtzu
11-10-2008, 08:29 AM
And this is a prime example of why I can't do volunteer, rescue work or fostering. I'm such a big marshmallow that they would all end up at my house! :eek: I even try to avoid going to Pet Smart since they always have such adorable fuzz balls in the adoption center!

Good luck with your new addition!! (I'm a wee bit jealous)
:D:D:D

k9krazee
11-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Welcome Home Taggart!!!!! :D

I love his name, but I may be a bit biased, at school I live in the dorm called Taggart! Haha. He sure is a cutie, and you're lucky he wasn't snatched up sooner. It was definitely meant to be!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of the cuuuuuuuutie!

Taz_Zoee
11-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks everyone!!
Karen, I must have found Bruce in a moment of weakness. I've been bugging him about getting Zoee a playmate for a couple years. I just knew if he saw him he'd fall for him. :D

I knew I'd eventually get an arf animal, but I just didn't expect it so soon. This is our last addition for a LONG time. This house is at maximum capacity now. We have a male and female of each breed (including humans :p).

Paizly is still freaked out about Taggart. She hid under the bed all day yesterday until I coaxed her out at put her in her bedroom (so she could use her box and eat). Taz could care less (and he was the one I was worried about at first), he hisses if Tagg gets too close, but nothing big.

gemini9961
11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Congrats! He is a cutie!!

Husky_mom
11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
what cutie!!.. i kinda sawe pyrenean (sp?) too... LOL..

he looks sooo sweet!!!.. congrats!!

seems like new additions are popping out of the blue.. hehe.. me included ;)

4 Dog Mother
11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Cindy, what a cutie your Taggart is! Our Taggert is spelled with an e - that was his name when we got him from a resue group when he was about 4 months old. We tried other names on him but Taggert fit the best. Ashley k9krazee) made the signature for me before Snoopy died and I never even noticed that Taggert wasn't spelled correctly. Not that it matters a whole lot - he can't spell any way. I really need to have a new signature made but as usual have been dragging my feet about it - mostly cause I don't know how and because I would also need one with RIP Snoopy boy because I miss him so much.

I can see how you couldn't resist - I am glad Bruce gave in. When I got Tucker I was feeling much like you after - I didn't know what I was thinking! Adding another dog to our household was about the very last thing we needed but I can't say I am sorry. He still is a cute little guy And as far as your household go, I think every pet deserves a playmate. Your pups look like they were made to be siblings! Congratulations!

Taz_Zoee
11-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Cindy, what a cutie your Taggart is! Our Taggert is spelled with an e - that was his name when we got him from a resue group when he was about 4 months old. We tried other names on him but Taggert fit the best. Ashley k9krazee) made the signature for me before Snoopy died and I never even noticed that Taggert wasn't spelled correctly. Not that it matters a whole lot - he can't spell any way. I really need to have a new signature made but as usual have been dragging my feet about it - mostly cause I don't know how and because I would also need one with RIP Snoopy boy because I miss him so much.

I can see how you couldn't resist - I am glad Bruce gave in. When I got Tucker I was feeling much like you after - I didn't know what I was thinking! Adding another dog to our household was about the very last thing we needed but I can't say I am sorry. He still is a cute little guy And as far as your household go, I think every pet deserves a playmate. Your pups look like they were made to be siblings! Congratulations!

Aww, thank you so much! :D I sorta knew he was meant to be ours when I first saw him and I also knew his name was meant to be too. I didn't tell Bruce there were other PT dogs with the same name (he probably would have wanted to change it, he likes to be different :rolleyes:), because I wanted to keep Taggart.

There is no rush to update your siggy. It is just perfect the way it is. :D
I LOL at the fact that Taggert can't spell. hee hee This is true!

boomersooner
11-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Ohhhhh, he is precious!!!! I just a sucker for little spotted puppy tummies!!!!

jennielynn1970
11-10-2008, 07:21 PM
OMG... How did I miss this?!! What a freaking adorable pup! And if there is GP in him, wow!!! HUGE CUTIE!! My mom and dad have neighbors who raise them, and omg.. as puppies, I could just roll around in the hay with them (they have a huge horse farm). The adults are like small horses themselves, lol!

I can't wait to see more pics of Taggart!!! YAY!!!!

Taz_Zoee
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I took a couple more pix of Taggart to show his markings on his back. I'll upload them later. I wanna go to bed soon since I do not sleep well with worrying about him.

Well, Zoee is done having a little brother already. We were all three on the bed and Taggart went and lay right in front of Zoee. She just kinda put her head up like - leave me alone. Then after a couple minutes she casually got up and moved to the other side of the bed.....as far away from him as possible.
But then shortly after that I took them outside and they were having a good ol time running around and playing. So I think it's all good. Now I just need to convince Paizly that Taggart is not so bad.

kallisto4529
11-11-2008, 05:41 AM
LOL Oh Cindy he is just beautiful!!!!!!! I love the name, I love him...haha I hope everything goes well with him and I am sure he will do fine finding his place in your family. Congratulations!!!!!

Ginger's Mom
11-11-2008, 07:07 AM
I am so glad that I had time to look around Pet Talk this morning. What a Happy thread!!! He is adorable. :) I am so excited for you. Welcome to Pet Talk, Taggart. I hope this means we will get to see lots of pictures of you and your sister. ;)

cloverfdx
11-11-2008, 07:39 AM
What a gorgeous pup, congrats :D.

Taz_Zoee
11-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Here are a couple more pix of Taggart.

Hanging out in the hall with Bruce and Zoee.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Taggart/Nov2008003.jpg

In these next two I wanted to show you his markings on his back.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Taggart/Nov2008004.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Taggart/Nov2008005-1.jpg

He is such a good boy. He already waits for me to go OUT the door first (I didn't even teach him this), but he doesn't wait on the way back IN. :rolleyes: We are working on that one.
Last night he was on the bed and my slippers were next to him. He grabbed one in his mouth and I said firmly NO and took it away. He did it again a while later and all I had to do was say NO and he left it alone.
OHHH!!! He barked for the first time yesterday. I heard it when I was walking up the walk to the front door. Then later Zoee was on the bed and he was sitting on the floor in front of her and began to bark. It's the cutest bark (yeah, I think that NOW!! LOL), it's a rooo rooo. :D :D

Alysser
11-11-2008, 05:30 PM
SO cute!! Taggart is adorable, congratulations!! See what happens when you join PT? :p Hope he's settling in well. Zoee looks like she likes him.

Taz_Zoee
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
SO cute!! Taggart is adorable, congratulations!! See what happens when you join PT? :p Hope he's settling in well. Zoee looks like she likes him.

No, this is from volunteering at a shelter. Beware Alyssa!!! LOL But we want your mom to fall in love with at least one doggie, don't we? :)

Alysser
11-11-2008, 05:39 PM
No, this is from volunteering at a shelter. Beware Alyssa!!! LOL But we want your mom to fall in love with at least one doggie, don't we? :)

LOL, but you only had one cat and one dog when you first came didn't you? ;) YES, we do!! Speaking of which, me and my sister were looking at the shelter site and their is this little Shih tzu named Jade, my mom comes in and looks, and says "OMG who's that?". She denies it every time but she is SUCH a sucker for animals xD Seminar is this thursday! :D

Taz_Zoee
11-11-2008, 05:51 PM
LOL, but you only had one cat and one dog when you first came didn't you? ;) YES, we do!! Speaking of which, me and my sister were looking at the shelter site and their is this little Shih tzu named Jade, my mom comes in and looks, and says "OMG who's that?". She denies it every time but she is SUCH a sucker for animals xD Seminar is this thursday! :D

Yeah, I guess you're right. I've doubled the household since joining PT. LOL And the last two within months of each other.

Oh, it sounds like your mom will be caving very soon! :D :D I can't wait!!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I cant believe I am just seeing this now! Cindy, he is so HANDSOME! I am so glad you and Bruce decided to adopt him... Now he will always be surrounded by love and affection!:love::D

How is Taz and Paizley taking this news:eek:

kt_luvs_kitties
11-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Also wanted to add, that isnt it MUCH easier to keep getting pets, once you surpass your "limit"? LOL

How do you think I ended up with 15 lifelong kitties and 2 pups:p:rolleyes::D

Taz_Zoee
11-12-2008, 09:12 AM
LOL, thanks Katie! :)

Well, Taz could care less about him. He doesn't "chase" the cats at all, so Taz is cool with that. Paizly on the other hand freaked out! She spent Sunday evening/night and most of Monday and yesterday hiding in her room. Last night she finally came out. I think she was eager for her human interaction. Bruce even had Paizly and Taggart on the floor within a foot of each other. So I think it's going to be all good. I was very worried that I had disrupted our happy little home. Zoee doesn't seem overly excited about him sometimes either, which worries me. But Bruce said they do play during the day