PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Else Having Trouble With Photobucket On Dial Up?

catmandu
11-09-2008, 03:12 PM
I TRY TO USE THE OLD UPLOADER, BUT THE THREE DOWNLAODS SHOW UP WITH NO UPLOAD FUNCTION, THE NEW AND BULK UPLOADERS WORK POORLY.
IF I AM LUCKY I CAN UNLOAD A PHOTO A DAY.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??:confused::confused::confused::eek:

Catty1
11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Gary...it's unfair, but online programs like Photobucket and others keep updating themselves and getting faster, while dial-up stays the same.

What you might try is calling your phone company - if they are the same people that provide your internet service, ask them if they are running any internet upgrade specials. Even a low speed ADSL might be affordable for you - and you wouldn't miss phone calls, AND would be able to download pictures.

Give them a call - you have nothing to lose.

hugs
C

catmandu
11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I AM ON AOL, AND I TRIED HIGH SPEED, BUT IT KEPT SHUTTING OFF.
I HAVE A BIG TREE THAT THE CITY WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT.
DIAL UP WORKS REASONABLY WELL, BUT HIGH SPEED DOESNT.:eek::eek::confused::confused:

Catty1
11-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Get rid of AOL! That thing is a pig, and tons of ads on the home page that no one needs!

There is a type of high speed called ADSL, that uses your phone lines but lets phone calls through.
Please call your phone company and ask about this.

Dump AOL. I'm serious. Ask around for a computer tech friend that won't charge you (someone the Animal Welfare people know, or Aunt Janice or someone). If I was there, I would be over in flash and set it up for you.