PDA

View Full Version : I had myself in stitches...and what is darning???

Catty1
11-08-2008, 08:08 PM
For quite a few months now, items that need mending have been tossed on the closet shelf in my bedroom.

Today - I got it ALL done, and it is now clean and in the dryer! The job included several pairs of heavier cotton black sports socks, and the shin had been worn through on them, where the back top of the shoe meets the ankle.

I have darning yarn, and a needle with a big eye. I had bought this before, thinking I would try to darn the socks. I had no idea how to really do it. But where the holes are a little wide and need more than just stitching, I put the stitches across the hole, then repeat the process at a 90 degree angle. Seems to work, but I don't know if that is Method A.

What long-put-off chore have you FINALLY done and gotten out of the way?

Suki Wingy
11-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I finally got out of bed with my first alarm today, which is an accomplishment for me.

Catlady711
11-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I finally got around to gathering up a box of stuff and listing it on Freecyclel.org

Supposedly someone is going to pick up the items tomorrow. YAY:D. One less batch of stuff around here!!

critter crazy
11-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Hmmm.....today i went through my closet, tried on all my pants and threw ove half of them away, cause they no longer fit. It was quite upsetting! I think I need to diet! lol

mruffruff
11-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I spent all day Friday cleaning out the storage shed in the yard, then hauling half of the stuff to the thrift store and the rest to the dump. And found the cooler I was looking for at the beginning of summer!

shepgirl
11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Got all my junk shopping done...by junk I mean laundry detergent, wet ones, kleenex, cleaning suppies, etc...all the boring things a house seems to run out of everytime I turn around.