PDA

View Full Version : Helping ferals

LionHart
11-08-2008, 06:34 PM
My room mate & I work with a feral cat program in our area to trap, spay/neuter, test for disease, inoculate & release back into their home territory (aka TNR). We currently feed and care for two feral colonies of cats totaling approximately 30 cats (some are pictured in the 'pics' section of the website).

Recently a friend got me interested in making my own jewelry. I LOVE IT! It's relaxing and satisfying, seeing something you've done. Soon folks were asking where I got the jewelry I wore. When I told them they asked that I make something for them, then they offered to pay me. Then the light bulb lite! Why not I asked. And so Jewelry By Juvey was born! The proceeds we get from the sale of Jewelry by Juvey goes to help support these two feral colonies.

The peices are made of semi persious stones such as Jasper, Quartz, Aventurine, Hematite, Malachite, Tigereye, Serpentine. We also use Swarovski® Crystals & Celestial Crystal™.

Please take a look! I thank you and so do the kitties!
http://www.myspace.com/jewelrybyjuvey

PS: there's also a few items on e-Bay: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/mrjuvey_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

carole
11-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Good for you, and i wish you all the best of luck and success for your business venture, how great of you to support these kitties, hopefully everyone will take a look and the proceeds will indeed help your feral colony,great stuff.:)

Medusa
11-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Very nice indeed! I'll keep checking your site; I happen to be a jewelry junky and I love gemstone jewelry. I took a jewelry making class once. Ugh. I envy people like you who have the talent. I was the last to finish my necklace. I have neither the eyesight nor the patience to string the beads, etc. but admire the people who do. Your jewelry is lovely and for such a good cause, too. Kudos! :)

Anikaca77
11-09-2008, 09:34 AM
That's a great idea in order to help the ferals.

catmandu
11-09-2008, 10:01 AM
THATS A GREAT IDEA, AND I WISH THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT I COULD MAKE TO HELP THE PORCH CATS OUT.
WE ARE GOING TO SET UP PLACES WHERE THEY CAN GET OUT OF THE WORST OF WHAT THREATENS TO BE A LONG COLD WINTER!!!::(:(
WE HOPE TAHT YOU RAISE LOTS OF MONEY:love::love::love:

Freedom
11-09-2008, 11:01 AM
What a fantastic idea! Good for you. I did TNRM here for a time. Had to stop as I kept adopting the kittens I'd trap and was "supposed" to socialize and adopt out. :rolleyes:

I saw the jewelry on ebay.

I am not familiar with My Space. All I saw was 2 cat photos and blogs??? Sorry to be a dunce. I wanted to share your site with the folks in the TNRM program I was with, but I'm not understanding what to show them.

Medusa
11-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I am not familiar with My Space. All I saw was 2 cat photos and blogs??? Sorry to be a dunce. I wanted to share your site with the folks in the TNRM program I was with, but I'm not understanding what to show them.

On the left hand side, click on View My: Pics. :)

LionHart
11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
I did TNRM here for a time. Had to stop as I kept adopting the kittens I'd trap and was "supposed" to socialize and adopt out. :rolleyes:

Oh how I totally understand! Right now there is no way we could say good bye to the kids we've helped/fostered. Scruffy J, Peeper, Roo Roo, were about 5 wks old when their mother, Little Bit, brought them to the back patio. That was over 3 yrs ago and they're as much our cats as the inside kids are! In fact they come in from time to time! Baby Roo and Itsy are younger sisters to the 3 boys. Their mother, Little Bit as well, brought them to us and they were sick with URI. At one point we thought Itsy would lose her eyes she was so bad. But they let us nurse them and you'd never know they were sickly.

Little Mamma is a fixture out front. She's been around nearly 4 yrs now and still won't let anyone pick her up. It was a fluke that I was able to get her to the vet! She was the Matriarch of the apt complex we live in. She had so many litters before we got her we worried each time if she'd survive another pregnancy. She and 2 of her boys from her last litter hang out out front all the time.

Anyway didn’t mean to ramble, but it’s tough to let them go. I don’t know how some here do it. I give you kudos for it!

In order of appearance: Peeper, Roo Roo, Scurffy J, Little Mama, & Baby Roo. Itsy is in the next post.:D

LionHart
11-09-2008, 07:54 PM
This is Itsy, sister of Baby Roo and younger sister to the 3 boys.

LionHart
11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Got so caught up I forgot to thank you all and let you know there are more pieces added to the site. Sorry the picture quality isn't all that great, we're experimenting w/ the camera, but please trust me, the pieces are beautiful. More pieces will be added so please either request an invite or save the link and check back.:D

Moesha
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
How can we contact you about lengths of some of the necklaces and about making a purchase? I don't have a myspace account.

LionHart
11-09-2008, 08:33 PM
If you have any questions about a piece or you see something you like or a type of bead/stone you'd like something made from you can email me through here. We take requests :)

As soon as we can we'll be uploading pix of earrings, bracelets, eyeglass chains, and book markers.

Thank you for your interest.:)