PDA

View Full Version : CJ Needs Prayers, Good Thoughs, etc. - uppydated on post #38

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Long story short, CJ has a severe middle ear infection (http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2123&aid=1564)and he is not responding the way the vet would like. He is extremely lethargic, isn't eating or drinking - although he's full of fluids they gave him at the vet yesterday, so the vet isn't too concerned about him not drinking, but I need to get him to start eating. Bought some baby food last night and he didn't want anything to do with it.

So, bottom line is, I've experienced the power of PT Prayer in the past, and I would like to ask for your help again. CJ is our precious little boy and there's no way we want to loose him over an ear infection, so please, any prayers, good thoughts, mantras, whatever you can provide will be helpful.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Edwina's Secretary
11-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh Cracker Jack.....eatEatEAT!!!!

Barbara has had some experience with this lately. Have you tried egg yolks? Ground beef?

Purr-tender
11-08-2008, 11:55 AM
I'd say poor CJ has an upset stomach from the ear infection. Has the infection caused CJ to wobble when he walks, I imagine it has. Sending prayers from me and my fur babies that he starts responding to his meds and is back to his old self soon.

Mary

moosmom
11-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Thoughts and prayers for speedy recovery CJ.

orangemm
11-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Get better soon, sweet CJ! I know you don't feel like eating, but you will heal faster if you do..........please????

special prayers going up for this sweet boy..................:):love:

Medusa
11-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Prayers going up for CJ and his complete and speedy healing.

RICHARD
11-08-2008, 12:38 PM
No problem.

CJ get better.

Don't worry Terry.:)

jennielynn1970
11-08-2008, 12:42 PM
C'mon Cracker Jack! You need to eat in order to get better!!

Thoughts and prayers for CJ going out!

Felicia's Mom
11-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Sending prayers and positive vibes to CJ.

Barbara
11-08-2008, 12:52 PM
If he's under antibiotics it may need some time before they kick in. THree weeks ago we thought we'd lose Filou to a UTI on top of his kidney failure.
But he started to eat again and as Sara said: ground beef, egg yolks, liver pate......
Whatever he wants.

Cataholic
11-08-2008, 02:00 PM
E.a.t. Cj!!!

Kirsten
11-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Poor CJ!!! An ear infection is soo painful!!!

Please try to eat, little one, and get better soon! :love::love::love:

Kirsten

Randi
11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Poor CJ! An ear infection can be painful - and on top of his other head injuries, it's just not fair! :(

Debbie, have you tried raw fish or shrimps? Or even raw liver? That is something that will have Fister come runnng from a deep sleep 3 rooms away. :p

I so hope he'll start eating again very soon! Please give your wonderful boy some kisses and gentle scrithes from me - and Fister sends soft headbumpies.

Sending lots of positive an healing thoughts for dear CJ - and hugs to you! :love:

Cinder & Smoke
11-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi God ~

Purrayer Muttz here, werkin inna KAT Division tuday ...

We're kallin bout our lil Kat Bud, Cracker Jackie - the Boy Navigator & Co-Pilot -
who's not been feelin so hot of late, and gotz NO appertite. :(

Maybe you kuld ask GranMom to whip up sum Kat Yummies and then fly 'em
down with Tubby & Peanut onna Silver Klowd Express. Ask the Tubster not to
do too much *samplin* onna delivery run.

And maybe send Daddy Terry off onna shoppin trip - to hit up the local Mall food court
fur all the Super-Smellie stuff he kan find.

Please send CJ sum *hunger pangs* to help clear out the ear infekshun.
THANKS, God!

/s/ the Purrayer Muttz - KAT Division

Catty1
11-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Nibble as much as you can, CJ - your meowmie is very worried!

Do you need some Pepcid from the white coats? Is your tummy a little upset?

PT Prayers flying out to you and your meowmie (and daddy too!):love::love::love::love:

LionHart
11-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Healing prayers being sent CJ's way.

catmandu
11-08-2008, 04:12 PM
WE FOUND CATS RECOMMEND THE FANCY FEAST , THE GOURMET VARITIES LIKE CHICKEN FLORENTINE, AS WE THINK NO CAT COULD RESIST THOSE.
POOR CJ , PLEASE EAT SOMETHING .MAYBE SOME ROYAL CANIN BABY KITTEN FOOD WOULD HELP. IT HELPED OUR MICHAEL THE DREAM, AND JUKE JOINT JSOEPH WHEN THEY WERE NOT HUNGRY!!
WE ARE PRAYING FOR DEAR CRACKER JACK TO BE WELL.:love::love::love::love:

phesina
11-08-2008, 04:21 PM
We are saying our prayers for CJ. Eat, good buddy!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Thank you all sooo much! I believe the PT Prayers are working already. I bought the "right" kind of baby food this time (chicken only, NOT chicken vegetable). Put a little bit in a bowl. He sniffed, took two licks, then ignored. I stuck my finger in it, held it up to his nose, he sniffed, I rubbed a bit on his nose, he licked it off and continued licking what was left on my finger. I dipped my finger again and this time he needed no ecouragement to lick it off. Put the bowl back up to him and he ignored it, dipped my finger and he licked. So, we finished about a teaspoon full off the tip of my finger - can we say spoiled? However, I don't care if that's spoiling him, the point is he ATE!!!! Then he got up, moved around the bed a bit and moved back into a favorite spot that he hasn't been in lately - the top of the pillows. It's a bit shaky up there and I'm sure he was shaky enough so he didn't want to go up, but he's happily perched up there right now. :)

The vet called this morning to check on him (did I mention that?) and he ended up giving me his personal cell phone number so I could call if I had any questions or concerns or felt we needed an emergency vet. So far we haven't needed to use it (thanks God and all of you), but I thought it was really nice of him to give it to me.

Anyway, keep up the prayers, good thoughts, etc. I believe they are working but a teaspoon of baby food does not qualify as "out of the woods" so he still needs them. :)

Cinder & Smoke
11-08-2008, 08:59 PM
CJ has a severe middle ear infection (http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2123&aid=1564) ...

Next time you chat with the White Coat - ask about a Pain Reliever for CJ.

If the ear is causing him pain - that might explain his lack of desire to eat.

And try *warming up* his Chicken ... might smell & taste better if warm.

Fell Better and please EAT, CJ!
;)

Taz_Zoee
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Awww, CJ, that's good that you are eating a little bit. But really you need to eat some more.

Keeping Cracker Jack in my thoughts. :)

DJFyrewolf36
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Aww feel better soon CJ! Ear infections are the pits buddy but the best thing you can do for it is rest and EAT!

Prayers on the way for a speedy recovery

Catty1
11-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Good job, CJ! Nothing like being a sucky boy and making mommy feed you personally! ;)

Be a big boy tomorrow, and eat some on your own. Atta boy! :):love:

PT Prayers atcha!:D

slick
11-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry about CJ's ear infection. Yes it can cause pain and that's probably why he's reluctant to eat/move around. But it's good news that he responded to "hand feeding."

Come on CJ....you can do it. Just eat some more....even if it's out of Meowmie's hand...please????

Lots of prayers coming from me and Max...
slick :love::love:

kt_luvs_kitties
11-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Prayers from NC coming your way. Poor CJ, Poor meowmie. :(

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2008, 01:36 AM
CJ,Please eat some more for your meowmie. I hope you'll feel better soon.

I'll continue to keep CJ in my thoughts and prayers.

Killearn Kitties
11-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Please eat, CJ, EAT! We are sending all our hungry vibes your way. We want to hear that you eat a whole bowlful of food today, sweetie.

Anikaca77
11-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Prays coming your way that CJ continues to eat on his own!

:)

Sonia59
11-09-2008, 01:20 PM
I am glad to hear CJ has eaten a bit. Please, eat more CJ!

Catty1
11-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I remember when I was a little kid - 6 or 7 - I would put a bit of catnip on cat food to get our kitty to eat. (This was wet food, and it had BEGUN to dry...and my mom stopped me when she saw what I was doing!:D )

If he likes catnip, maybe it would give him the munchies? ;) Just a thought.

(BTW - my childhood trick worked - Ginger DID begin to eat the food. But was stopped by Mom! LOL)

lizbud
11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I hope you're feeling better CJ.

If ever there was a perfect time to spoil a cat, it's when they feel so awful.
Keeping eating a little something sweetie.:)

kimlovescats
11-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Oh yes, NO VEGGIES PLEASE, mom! ;) So glad to hear he is starting to eat and get some strength back! Hang in there, CJ! :)

Hugs,
Kim

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Good and not so good news.

Not so good news: He's still not eating or drinking on his own, so I've started force feeding him the plain chicken baby food. He mostly fights it, but there are moments where he stops fighting and almost seems to just enjoy eating. The baby food is quite moist, so I'm assuming he's getting some water from that, but I've also started forcing water into him. He fights that more than he fights the food, so I'm not sure he's getting enough water yet, but a little is better than nothing.

Good news: He is so much perkier! This morning he came out on his own when it was time for morning nummies. He begged and assumed his normal position, but then wouldn't eat when I gave him the food. He then jumped up on the blanket in the living room and hung out there all morning. This afternoon we had some errands to run and when we got home, I brought him outside. He wasn't too interested in walking, but he was content to sit on my lap and watch the world go by. About an hour after bringing him in, he got up from the bed, went to the front door and started begging to go out again. We are so thrilled to see him acting more normal. He is still wobbly and stumbles everytime he shakes his head, but at least he's up and moving around a bit.

We are getting the meds in him no problem, so I'm sure they are starting to work and he's feeling better. Now....if he would just eat and drink!

Medusa
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
The little stinker. Well, at least you were able to get a little something into him. If he keeps feeling better, I'll bet he'll give in and start eating on his own. Fingers crossed that it'll be soon.

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm so glad to hear that he's becoming more active and that you're able to get his meds into him without any problems.:) Hopefully he'll start eating on his own within the next few days. Please continue to keep us updated about him. He'll remain in my thoughts and prayers.

rg_girlca
11-10-2008, 08:06 PM
That's a good sign isn't it, that he is starting to do his normal things.
CJ, sweetie, I pray that you start to feel much better that you will start to eat and drink more. Come on sweetie, we are all pulling for you and Praying that you have a full and speedy recovery.

Please give that sweet boy a gentle hug and kiss for me and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for the worried meowmie and pawpie.

kimlovescats
11-10-2008, 08:08 PM
That's great news, Debbie! He's getting there! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Sorry for the delay in an uppydate, but it's been just crazy around here!

CJ is doing fantastic! He is still a little wobbly every now and then, and it seems to be mostly right after he wakes up and tries to get up. Must take him a few minutes to get re-oriented or something.

He started drinking on his own about the middle of last week, but I just got him to start eating hard food again this past Monday. Otherwise all he was eating was the gravy part of wet food, which is not enough to sustain him for long. I could tell he was hungry, but no matter what I did he would NOT eat the dry food. I eventually found some he'll eat. In the past this particular food has caused him diarrhea, but we'll have to deal with that once he's done with the antibiotics and he's all better. Then if it's still a problem, somehow I'm going to have to figure out how to get him to eat his regular hard food.

But for now he is doing fantastic! He again begs incessantly to go out, and when we get him out he wants to cruise the entire resort before settling down on my lap outside. He's such a precious little boy. :)

Oh, and he got 2 of his 3 stitches out. By the time the vet got to the third one, Jackie was having nothing to do with it and was starting to fight again, so the vet backed off. We'll get that last one out when we take him back in two weeks for a recheck to make sure his ear infection is really going away.

So, thank you all soooo much for your thoughts and prayers. It appears my snotty little boy is going to be ok. :D

ramanth
11-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh CJ, feel better soon sweetie!! :love: Keep on eating! *hugs*

Catty1
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
So this was all caused by the ear infection? I hope it is all cleared up!

And I hope you got some satisfaction from the vet that never noticed the ear infection.

HUGS to CJ! :love:

RICHARD
11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Great news! And sorry again about the slasher encounter.

I guess we can put the "Son of Scarface" persona to bed?

Thank Goodness!

LionHart
11-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Goodness what a scare. Glad all is on the mend.

Anikaca77
11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
I'll continue to send a pray that things continue to go well :)

RedHedd
11-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Aw, CJ! Happy healing!