PDA

View Full Version : OMG ... She DID it!!!!

sparks19
11-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Hannah finally took her first steps on her own.

I didn't get any pics or video because I was standing right beside her not really expecting her to do it lol.

she was standing by the TV so I let her grab my finger with one hand and started walking with her... i finally managed to wiggle my finger out from her death grip and she lost her balance and fell. That's what usually happens so I didn't think anything was gonna happen. But then she got up on her own, got her balance and took THREE steps all by herself.

Of course then I started squealing and clapping and freaking out so she lost her balance and fell lol. But she did it all by herself.

I called brian right away... he was happy to hear it but he was really sad that he missed it

I tried to get her to do it again and get it on video but it was close to nap time and she didn't want to anymore. she didnt' even want to walk if I held her hands lol. so I knew she was getting sleepy. I will try again after her nap.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Sirrahsim
11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Woot!! Go Hannah! Go Hannah!! Go Hannah! Austin didn't even THINK about walking until around 14 months :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
WOW, that is a milestone in Hannah's life!! I still remember my son doing his first steps: it happened on his first birthday !

jennielynn1970
11-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Yay Hannah!!! You go girl!!!

kimlovescats
11-07-2008, 02:51 PM
How exciting! A day that will live forever!!!:)

Husky_mom
11-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Congrats!!... YAY Hannah!!!

but you must know.... this means trouble.... ;) LOL...

sparks19
11-07-2008, 03:06 PM
*Does happy dance*

LOL yeah... I know I'm in it deep now. As long as I can keep her contained to the living room I am safe lol. That room is super baby proofed. but if she gets out... UH OH

Husky_mom
11-07-2008, 03:12 PM
That room is super baby proofed

you keep thinking that ;) :p ... haha... babies sure have a way... but I´m sure Hannah will give you more laughs than anything.. they are quite amusing seeing them discover the world and when they walk, they feel like they domain anything... so cute...

whenever you can vids are a must ;)

*happy dancing along*

JenBKR
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
YAY congrats Hannah! How exciting! Mom, on the other hand.....you know you're in trouble! (And yes I know, you will be telling me the same thing before long ;) )

sparks19
11-07-2008, 03:17 PM
you keep thinking that ;) :p ... haha... babies sure have a way... but I´m sure Hannah will give you more laughs than anything.. they are quite amusing seeing them discover the world and when they walk, they feel like they domain anything... so cute...

whenever you can vids are a must ;)

*happy dancing along*

LOL well I was lucky... we moved just before her first birthday so I didn't put anything in the living room that she could get into lol. So now she just plays with the surround sound volume knob :eek: and changes channels lol
but other than that... everything in the living room is hers lol she just lets us live there too lol.

her figuring out how to get out of the living room and into the kitchen is what I'm worried about lol. One day I'm gonna find her finger painting with the ketchup or something lol

prechrswife
11-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Way to go, Hannah!

Ginger's Mom
11-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Good girl, Hannah. Ah Mom, you better start taking naps when Hannah does now, because she is going to keep you jumping. :D

Husky_mom
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
One day I'm gonna find her finger painting with the ketchup or something lol

LOL... that reminded me... I once thought my kid was suspiciously quiet and when I looked he had toothpaste all over him, the floor, the carpet, etc... LOL but he was so happily smiliing... :rolleyes:

other time he got to one of my eye shadows and poked with his finger and applied it all over his face... LOL...

Sirrahsim
11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
If they are being unusually quiet, it usually means they are up to no good. Austin isn't even 18 months yet but he already knows to keep as quiet as a mouse when he is being naughty:D

sparks19
11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
If they are being unusually quiet, it usually means they are up to no good. Austin isn't even 18 months yet but he already knows to keep as quiet as a mouse when he is being naughty:D

LOL there is the good quiet... that's when they are sleeping

then there's teh bad quiet... that's when they are awake lol

Hannah is funny. When she starts messing with the speakers I say "Hannah Marie what do you think you are doing" and she stops touching the speakers, sits down and turns to look at me like "I wasn't doing anything... SEE I'm sitting her like a good girl" lmao

caseysmom
11-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Oh Hannah you have become a "toddler" now you are growing up so fast!

Grace
11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
As others have said - now the fun begins!! Such an exciting time for you - first they walk, then run, then up and down stairs. I remember it well.

K9karen
11-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Isn't that the best experience?

My John's granddaughter was attempting to walk right after she turned 1. One Saturday afternoon, just as we arrived at their place, his daughter-in-law took Sophie out of her highchair as I plopped myself on the floor. Within 2 seconds, Sophie took her first 5 steps into my open arms! I felt blessed, yet bad because her mommy was sitting next to me. So basically, Sophie's first steps were to me.

Sophie's a fast, little teeny weeny thing, loves stairs and climbing. I think I have a 360 degree head and eyes all around. Betcha you will too any day now!!! But I love it!

RICHARD
11-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I have to laugh at this thread, I love it when I see people do the 'baby lunge',.

The BL is watching a person sitting back until the baby comes into the room.

They move from slouching on the couch, then they sit up straight and move to the elbows on the knees.

Then they 'Lunge' every time the baby walks by or in front of them. They are set to catch them should they fall.:eek:;)

Pawsitive Thinking
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Clever, clever girl! give her a big kiss from me :love:

Daisy and Delilah
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
AWESOME!!!! It's so cool to see them walk. I wonder if she'll be a hockey player?;):D

moosmom
11-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Doesn't that make ya feel good???

When they're newborns, you can't wait for them to walk and talk.
When they DO start walking and talking, you pray they'll sit down and shut up!:p

sparks19
11-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Well she DOES enjoy watching hockey on TV lol....

But of course now that she did it while I was alone with no camera to prove it... she WON'T do it again lol. she just flat out refuses lol. I think she is messing with me.... she's trying to make a liar out of me lol.

Like I wonder if she gets in her crib at night and sits there and chuckles and thinks "SUCKERS" lmao

prechrswife
11-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Well she DOES enjoy watching hockey on TV lol....

But of course now that she did it while I was alone with no camera to prove it... she WON'T do it again lol. she just flat out refuses lol. I think she is messing with me.... she's trying to make a liar out of me lol.

Like I wonder if she gets in her crib at night and sits there and chuckles and thinks "SUCKERS" lmao

Katherine was the same way. I think there may have been a month between her first steps and actually getting it on video.

sparks19
11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Katherine was the same way. I think there may have been a month between her first steps and actually getting it on video.

LOL glad I'm not the only one that has experienced this. I think the babies are all laughing at us lol