PDA

View Full Version : Nose piercings Update post 1!

Sirrahsim
11-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Honestly, what do you think of them? I have wanted my nose pierced for a long time, but I keep going back and forth. I think that my face is the proper shape to pull it off, but I'm not sure if the little lump I have from breaking my nose would make it look funny. Hubby and I are going out on a date tomorrow night and I MIGHT ask him to take me then if I can work up the courage. I figure if I can get my tongue pierced in Japan by a guy who doesn't speak a whole lot of english then I shouldn't have a problem getting my nose pierced here with my husband holding my hand. :D
Thoughts? Concerns?

Before:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/tylerwendl/DSC01334.jpg
I have a narrow nose, so unfortunately it is just going to stick out a little bit until I can switch to a smaller bar. It hurt worse than my tongue but not as bad as my ear cartilage. We forgot to bring the camera to the studio with us, but I snapped some pictures once we got home.
After:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/tylerwendl/DSC01361.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/tylerwendl/DSC01362.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/tylerwendl/DSC01363.jpg

finn's mom
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I think they're great! I want to get mine pierced. I like the little bitty ones, that almost look like freckles. ;) But, yeah...I think they're very pretty!

jennielynn1970
11-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I think they look cool, depending if they suit your personality, and if they're the small, cute ones.

There's just a few things I worry about. Colds. Boogers. What happens when you blow your nose?? Does it get all gunky on the inside?? Seriously! It would freak me out!!

My former homebound student has her lip pierced. Twice. She's got snake bites. She's also 14. And, mom just let her get 2 tattoos. Ugh.

Queen of Poop
11-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I've had my nose pierced for 3 years now. Always wanted to, finally did it. I am so glad I did. To answer some questions you might have:

Yes, it hurt, it was very painful for about 3 seconds, then done
I clean it EVERY day, even 3 years later, as it does collect "stuff" on the inside
You will learn an entirely new way to blow your nose

If you really want it done, I'd say go for it.

Sirrahsim
11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I want one of the those little bitty ones, just to add a little bit of sparkle, but I'm not sure what size they can pierce with???

That is crazy about the 14 year old girl :eek::eek: I thought that you have to be 16 with parental consent to get those types of piercings or any tatoos. Crazy!

I'm hoping that the pain will be like that with my tongue. Very quick and then it felt almost numb for a while. Does it swell a lot? WIll I look like rudolph for a while? Boogers are a minor concern of mine...:eek:

jennielynn1970
11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Wow! You have your tongue done?! (It's always those quiet looking types....;)). I think if you can get your tongue done, almost anything would be less painful. My one friend had her nipples and her tongue done on the same night. OUCH. One of my other friends had a piercing done lower, and said she really likes it :eek: . Don't know if I'd ever venture to have that one done!! I'd blush:o for weeks just thinking about getting my nipples done, lol.

I think I'd rather have a lip piercing than a nose piercing. Boogers happen to be high on my list of worries, lol. I'm always sneezing and blowing my nose with my allergies.

jennielynn1970
11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
That is crazy about the 14 year old girl :eek::eek: I thought that you have to be 16 with parental consent to get those types of piercings or any tatoos. Crazy!

That child has so many issues, and the family has so many issues... I'm just amazed at what they get away with. I've reported things(and I mean MAJOR issues), and nothing ever happens. So much for our school district and our county children and youth department. :(

beeniesmom
11-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Go for it. You have the perfect nose for it too.

CountryWolf07
11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Go for it. You have the perfect nose for it too.

Agreed. :)

sirrahbed
11-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Your mother thinks they are cute and would suit your face - a pretty little sparkle tucked into the side:D

Shelteez2
11-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I say go for it. I've had mine for ummm like 4 or 5 years now. It wasn't really anything... the actual piercing didn't really hurt, but them putting the ring in after it was pierced did... but it wasn't that bad. I also had my tongue pierced once and I didn't really think that hurt at all.
I didn't have any swelling or redness when I pierced my nose. Make sure you post pics when you get it done. :)

Suki Wingy
11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I've actually wanted a septum piercing for a while.

Karen
11-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I'd worry about blowing my nose, as I have allergies and people get colds, but that's just me. My other concern would be it just looking like a permanent zit when there's no earring in it ... but if you plan to always have that sparkly bit there, that'd cover it ...

jennielynn1970
11-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I'd worry about blowing my nose, as I have allergies and people get colds, but that's just me. My other concern would be it just looking like a permanent zit when there's no earring in it ... but if you plan to always have that sparkly bit there, that'd cover it ...

Aha! I'm not the only one who has booger worries, lol!!

I had a friend who had a nose piercing, and it got infected. OMG... it was sooooo gross looking. It looked like some nasty MRSA infection.

Kfamr
11-07-2008, 11:33 PM
I think you'd look cute with a little stud. :)

I've wanted my septum as well, but chickened out. Evetually, I WILL get something pierced... hopefully my ears and I'll guage them.

Funny, I can sit through 4+ hours for tattoos but am scared to get pierced. :rolleyes:

Suki Wingy
11-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I meant to say it in my last post, I think you'd look good with a little round thing, or maybe a bit of sparkle.

The only think I'm scared about is a giant booger hanging off it and me not knowing! :eek: I'm allergic to a lot of stuff so I'm always sniffling, or I'd have gotten it sooner.

blue
11-08-2008, 01:05 AM
For any piercing other then ears, in Alaska you have to be 18 or over.

If its what you want to do the pain is temporary.

Ive had my nipples pierced and I had my tounge pierced for the second time after being released from the USMC in 95.

Go for it.

The artist I want my next tattoo from was bad about IDing minors for tattoos and piercings.

Sirrahsim
11-08-2008, 07:06 AM
I'm 24 blue, so age isn't a problem:D
I think you guys have convinced me to go for it:D Yay! I wil bring the camera along and post pictures once the deed is done. :)

I don't have any allergies like that so the only time I have to worry about the sniffles is when I have a cold. I guess I should load up on the vitamin c during the healing process!!

Scooter's Mom
11-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Your mother thinks they are cute and would suit your face - a pretty little sparkle tucked into the side:D

That's the ultimate approval there. :D

moosmom
11-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I often thought of having my nose pierced. Then I pictured myself years down the road looking like Maxine (the Shoebox card lady) with a gaping hole in my nose. Um, no thanks. I'll stick with my tattoos.

jennielynn1970
11-08-2008, 12:39 PM
See, I'd rather have my lip or my nipples pierced than my nose, but that's me.

I think the little sparkly nose piercings are cute, and I think you have a great nose for it Missy. You definitely gotta post pics!

sirrahved
11-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Nose doesn't swell a lot like a tongue or lip. It feels like when you pull a nosehair out, if you've ever tried that lol.

Afterwards there isn't much pain at all, not at all like my snug piercing. I always tell everyone to NOT DO that piercing! It sucked big time.

I can't wait to see the pictures!

jennielynn1970
11-08-2008, 02:51 PM
what's a snug piercing?? is that a certain body part??

I've wanted to do more cartilage piercings, but the one I had got infected after almost 2yrs of having it, so I dunno. There are some that are so cool, but the recovery time on them is supposed to be really long. Bah.

Sirrahsim
11-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Also known as the antihelix
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/snug001.html
It looks VERY painful:eek:

jennielynn1970
11-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Also known as the antihelix
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/snug001.html
It looks VERY painful:eek:

OOH! Those are so cool!! I had a boyfriend who had so many different parts of his ears pierced, I don't know what was left. He had buddies who were nurses, and they had a tat and piercing shop.

Karen
11-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Having any piercing through cartilage is always going to take far longer to heal than through soft tissue. It is also more prone to infections, so only use good-quality earring in it, even after it heals, nothing with the cheap nickel posts, because one it gets infected it take a long time to clear out.

No, I have no piercings myself. But I did work at an Earring Tree a while ago - just wore magnetic earrings when I had my hair up.

I have too many skin sensitivities and grandma tried having her ears pierced as a young woman and got a very, very bad infection and reaction, and they almost removed half of her ear lobe. So I decided as a child not to risk it!

Sirrahsim
11-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Only titanium or surgical grade steel for my piercings. I can get away with wearing 14k gold posts in my ear lobes, but even that hurts after a while.
I had the upper cartilage of my ear pierced once upon a time but I was dumb enough to get it done with a gun. It NEVER healed properly and I took it out years ago... If I'm feeling crazy I may get both done tonight. I know that getting the piercing done properly with a sterilized hollow needle will make for a much better healing experience:D

shepgirl
11-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Not my thing but if it's something you really thought out and want it then go for it. I had my ears pierced yrs ago by my pcp and I wore earrings all the time. I haven't bothered with earrings for a log time now, bet the holes are healed over by now.

caseysmom
11-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Only titanium or surgical grade steel for my piercings. I can get away with wearing 14k gold posts in my ear lobes, but even that hurts after a while.
I had the upper cartilage of my ear pierced once upon a time but I was dumb enough to get it done with a gun. It NEVER healed properly and I took it out years ago... If I'm feeling crazy I may get both done tonight. I know that getting the piercing done properly with a sterilized hollow needle will make for a much better healing experience:D

I had my upper ear cartlige pierced with a gun and have never had any issues with it, neither did my daughters.

My oldest has done her nose, buggers to get stuck on it. She doesn't complain about it at all so I guess it doesn't bother her.

carole
11-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I think what you want a little itty bitty one,is just fine, infact i find those attractive, it is the big round circle ones i am none to fond of, i do also worry about if you have sinus problems or colds, what put me off, was i knew someone with one,she was always putting her finger up her nose and fixing it or fiddling with it, UGH! that really put me off 100 per cent.

However if you want it, go for it, and good luck.:)

angelbow20
11-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh go for it.. Ive had mine done for like 6 years now and I still love it.. It did hurt for a few minutes and your eyes will def. water.. they usaully only give you a small stud to start off so it shouldnt be big or anything. I think my tounge hurt worse than my nose did if that helps.

anna_66
11-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Looks great! Do you like it?

Sirrahsim
11-09-2008, 08:08 AM
I do like it:D I'm scared to death every time I have to clean the thing because I'm afraid that I might unscrew it, but so far so good:D

Suki Wingy
11-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh it looks really cute on you!

jennielynn1970
11-09-2008, 10:51 AM
It looks really cute! It's not even red! Wow!

The homebound student I mentioned before, she would unscrew the back of her piercing on her lip and lose it ALL THE TIME! It drove her mom and dad nuts. They just kept buying new backs for her (like, 4 a week). I told her I would have stopped that after #3 and made her stick a pencil eraser back on it, and wear it with the point side out for the eraser, lol. I'm such a mean teacher! :p

critter crazy
11-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I love it!! Now I want one!!!:love:

shais_mom
11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
I think it looks great on you! :D

Taz_Zoee
11-09-2008, 12:12 PM
That looks really good on you. I think you have the perfect nose for it. And it doesn't stick out, at least not that I can tell in the pictures. It looks VERY pretty on your beautiful face. :)

Sirrahsim
11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
:)thank you :)