PDA

View Full Version : website

toughCookie
09-13-2002, 07:10 PM
I would like to do a website, with lots of pics on it, like several of you have done, you have some wonderful sites, and pics. can you tell me what software you used, or how you made the website?
I want to re-do the one of Cookie, and I want to include my other cats.

also- how do you include the pics on your signiature?:confused:

RockyRoad
09-13-2002, 08:28 PM
OH MY GOD!!! Finally somebody who has the same problems as me!! Help us, PET TALK!!! I have tried to make a site on Easy Designer, I have one theat I am working on one on Yahoo Geocities, and I have a really bad one on MSN groups. I have completely given up on ever getting any members on my MSN website, but I am still going to leave it running. Anyway, if I find anything out, I will tell you because I am having the same problems.:(

By the way, I refuse to show my signature in posts now until I figure out this thing.

RockyRoad
09-13-2002, 08:49 PM
Ok, I got it now. You have to put it on Imagestation. http://www.imagestation.com
Then you have to copy the adress of the picture and to get the adress, well do what I did...ask people! They'll get it for you! Then just go to your profile, and put them under signature using and . Just replace the n's with m's, because if I put them with m's it will turn out like this:
It was confusing to me, but you'll get it. If I did it, anybody can!
;) good luck, now what was the other question?;)

Oh yeah, the websites one. I was wondering that same thing. I'll try and ask around. It would be cool to get a really big website that more than one person comes to!
GOOD LUCK! HOPE THIS HELPS!!:)

RockyRoad
09-13-2002, 09:58 PM
I got more info on the website thing. I'm out, I'm not wasting my money-*no offense to anyone*. Here it is.

You have to buy webspace, places likes geo limits it, if you want a site that allows all the stuff POTD has, you'd need to buy it. You'd also prob need a little bandwidth too. I think ppl take bandwidth for grantid though, so not sure.

;) ONCE AGIN-HOPE THIS HELPS!;)

RockyRoad
09-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Ok, I got more stuff.

Run ur own server & all u'll have to do is buy a domain name & ur set. my website is 147 MB & growing, My soon to be, runs a server & his server takes the website off my comp & puts it on the net.
;) Hope this helps!;)