PDA

View Full Version : Interesting talk radio piece

Puckstop31
11-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I had a long drive this evening. I drove up to my aunt's house in North East PA for a little turkey hunting tomorrow and possibly Saturday. Driving through the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area I tune into The Randi Rhodes show.

(No wonder liberal talk radio can't dig into the market... She is supposesdly the BEST one, but all I heard was a lot of passive-aggressive anger. The name calling was off the chart... But that is not my point here...)

She made a EXCELLENT arguement about why the passing of Prop 8 in Cali is just horrible. I actually, HONESTLY agreed with her 100%. To paraphrase; passing any Constitutional Amendment should not be as simple as passing a single up or down vote. It should be 2/3rds of the House, 2/3rds of the Senate and 2/3rds of the people/states. Further, I am a Christian. But the libertarian in me agrees that same sex couples should be able to have the same civil benefits as straight couples. Heck, even allow them civil "marriage". I would take issue with a church marrying a same sex couple, but again, that is not my point here.

Hearing her excellent (seriously) arguement got me to thinking.... I wonder if she would fight to protect the 2nd Amendment with the same passion? I wonder what her thoughts on the "fairness" doctrine would be? So I called up the show....

The call screener asked me what I wanted to talk about. I was 100% honest. I said I am a Libertarian and that I agreed 100% with Randi's opinion about why prop 8 was such a silly thing. Then I said that I wanted to ask Randi, on the air, if she would defend the 2nd Amendment with such passion? Also, if I would be allowed, I wanted to hear, again on the air, what her thoughts were about the possibly imminent "fairness" doctrine.

They told me that they were not taking "conservative" callers tonight. They are celebrating Obama's victory. :( Also, I think I was listening on a hour delay, so that might be a honest reason to not take my call.

I am going to try a few more times to see if they will put me on the air. Even though it is quite possible, her being a pro and all, that she could trick me into something. Which would be embarrasing, but I don't care. It would prove something about her.

blue
11-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Keep trying to get on the air, does the RR show do podcasts?

My coworker listens to her and finds her a breath of fresh air, Ive listenned a few times and think she is as bad as Bill O'Reilly.

RICHARD
11-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Save your time and cell minutes.

Rhodes is a FN moron with about three minutes of clarity every so often. When a radio host I like was bounced from a local station, he showed up on the Air American local affiliate. She was the show on before his and I would tune for the 15-20 minute traffic race.

If you do not agree with her 1000% she will just talk over you and call you names. It's that old thing that when you start to make sense and have an opinion about a topic, most left oriented people will be rude and call names. She could be a great media star, but she's a mean spirited skank with little or no manners.

----------

Do a net search on her San Fran 'stand up routine' about Geraldine Ferraro.:rolleyes:

-------

The air is about as fresh as being stuck in a car, on a cold day with a flatulent dog.

Edwina's Secretary
11-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Save your time and cell minutes.

Rhodes is a FN moron with about three minutes of clarity every so often. When a radio host I like was bounced from a local station, he showed up on the Air American local affiliate. She was the show on before his and I would tune for the 15-20 minute traffic race.

If you do not agree with her 1000% she will just talk over you and call you names. It's that old thing that when you start to make sense and have an opinion about a topic, most left oriented people will be rude and call names. She could be a great media star, but she's a mean spirited skank with little or no manners.

----------

Sounds like a cross between Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter! Only nicer....

blue
11-08-2008, 11:45 AM
All 3 are cut from the same cloth, none of them are nice.

Puckstop31
11-09-2008, 08:09 AM
LOL... I had to smile when I heard her calling Rush Limbaugh a "angry little speck of a man."

Hello, Pot? Yeah, the it the Kettle... YOU ARE BLACK!

Now, we all here agree that name calling, especially when you mean it, is 2nd grade recess stuff, eh?

(Yes, I am guilty sometimes myself.)

RICHARD
11-09-2008, 09:18 AM
LOL... I had to smile when I heard her calling Rush Limbaugh a "angry little speck of a man."

Hello, Pot? Yeah, the it the Kettle... YOU ARE BLACK!

Now, we all here agree that name calling, especially when you mean it, is 2nd grade recess stuff, eh?

(Yes, I am guilty sometimes myself.)

She has no style or grace, the callers are all syncophants aren't very technical in their political leanings-which ever way the wind blows. She shows the true left conscience and makes no boens about being nasty. RL is angry, but when you lower yourself farther down the evolutionary ladder and have a following that hangs on your every word, maybe it is no wonder gravity attacked you*.

*Rhodes became news when a story came out that she was 'attacked' on a NYC sidewalk by 'right wing hit men' one evening. She hit her head and the doctors concluded she didn't suffer any brain injuries, you cannot hurt what you do not have.
She didn't remember what happened, as she was on her way home from what I remember to be a bar. Drinking and snow do not mix. Actually, they do. It's stupidity, drinking, walking and ice that get you into trouble.;)

Later the story was dismissed when