PDA

View Full Version : My husband is so cool..

M&M's Mommy
11-06-2008, 01:07 PM
He planted 7 pine trees in our front yard as a birthday gift for me this week.. why 7 you'd ask? To commemorate our upcomming 7th wedding aniversay in December :D

Aww. Isn't he thoughtful? I didn't know my husband is capable of having cute ideas like this :o

Husky_mom
11-06-2008, 01:09 PM
awwwww..... how thoughtful....

I assumed to appeal looks, or because the spacing allowed 7 or whatever.. but his reason is way more adorable!!

what a nice thing for him to do.... and congrats ahead ;)

Karen
11-06-2008, 01:12 PM
What a nice present! What do the M's think? Or have they been allowed close inspection yet?

M&M's Mommy
11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
We've talked about planting some pine trees after we felt in love with them during our trip to the Midwest a couple months earlier... but I didn't know he'd actually do it this way :). It's really the case of "a gift is not as important as the way it's given."

Since pine trees will grow up to 50+ feet high, we will have to cut them down when they get to a certain height... Right now they're tiny and just about the cutest thing one can have on the front yard :)

I'm so incredibly happy :)

Freedom
11-06-2008, 01:49 PM
How wonderful! Enjoy them.

pomtzu
11-06-2008, 02:04 PM
And may you always think that he's cool - even 50 years from now!! :D Happy early anniversary, and many more.

Cinder & Smoke
11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Since pine trees will grow up to 50+ feet high,
we will have to cut them down when they get to a certain height ...

All "Pine Trees" are not created equal!
Some species are fast growing and tall; others are very slow growing and
take forever to grow tall. And ALL of them can be *pruned* to slow their
growth and assure a full and well-rounded canopy.

Do a Google.com search using the exact species of tree you planted -
you'll learn all about THAT Three's growth patternas and pruning needs.

;)

K9karen
11-06-2008, 10:50 PM
He sounds like a keeper to me! How romantic! Awww!
Happy Anniversary in advance!

pomtzu
11-07-2008, 07:32 AM
By the way - why in the world would you want to cut them down? :( We planted one 30+ years ago that was bought with a root ball (squat, fat and really rather ugly) - it was our Christmas tree that year. We planted it after the holidays and it is now a huge (50+ feet) beautiful specimen that towers over the top of the house. Trees ADD value to your property. Maybe you'll change your mind and leave them when you see how beautiful they are! :D

M&M's Mommy
11-07-2008, 11:24 AM
By the way - why in the world would you want to cut them down? :( We planted one 30+ years ago that was bought with a root ball (squat, fat and really rather ugly) - it was our Christmas tree that year. We planted it after the holidays and it is now a huge (50+ feet) beautiful specimen that towers over the top of the house. Trees ADD value to your property. Maybe you'll change your mind and leave them when you see how beautiful they are! :D

We love our pines and plan to keep them as long as possible.. but since we live in the part of California where land is scarce.. and we planted 7 in our front yard!. When they outgrow the available space and post a threat to the driveway or foundation of the home, we'll have to cut them down..

but they told us that normally pine trees are havested at about 8 years.. so we thought we'd be able to enjoy these trees for at least 10 years or so.. by that time, we'd cut them down and plant something else in their places.

pomtzu
11-07-2008, 03:36 PM
We love our pines and plan to keep them as long as possible.. but since we live in the part of California where land is scarce.. and we planted 7 in our front yard!. When they outgrow the available space and post a threat to the driveway or foundation of the home, we'll have to cut them down..

but they told us that normally pine trees are havested at about 8 years.. so we thought we'd be able to enjoy these trees for at least 10 years or so.. by that time, we'd cut them down and plant something else in their places.

Here's a pic of the little ugly one planted so many years ago. It was REALLY beautiful before they had to cut the bottom branches off when we put on the addition last year. It was either that or cut the whole thing down - and I said 'NO WAY'!!! :mad: