PDA

View Full Version : SOMEONE PLEASE be my Guinea pig??

kt_luvs_kitties
11-06-2008, 12:55 AM
I need someone to try something for me. I have heard RAVE reviews on this cat pee remover, and people buy this "secret" recipe off Ebay for 10 bucks. I got it from a friend, and she says it DOES NOT discolor carpets. I dont want to ruin mine, seeing as it is so new. Anyone willing to try it for me, and give me a review before I try it? Someone HAS to have a older carpet with pee on it to test. This IS a cat forum afterall:p

I will post if someone will try for me!

jennielynn1970
11-06-2008, 07:14 AM
LOL! I will try anything. I have tons of old carpet with cat pee here and there that I've tried to treat. Just let me know.

I've also been using Bac-A-Zap on the cat pee that gets on my hard wood floors and carpeting as well. A fellow PT'r told me about it, and I got it from a pest control place online. It's supposed to get the smell out of ANYTHING, they say even places were dead bodies were decomposing. It's not caustic, but I keep the kitties away from it. I ordered the gallon bottle and got free shipping. It's not cheap, but by gosh, it's working!

GILL
11-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Sorry I can't help no carpet. All spots are cleaned with a mop.

jazzcat
11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
I'd love to know how it works too. If we don't get Scout's kidney and bladder stones under control soon I may have lots of carpet to try it on. :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
11-06-2008, 01:32 PM
We are going to be replacing the carpet in one room soon due to pee, so what the heck. I'll try it.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys! I would love to know. I read reviews, tons of them, and they all said it works... My friend swears by it. Here is the recipe!

This seems simple enough!

1 bottle hydrogen peroxide
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tsp Dawn dish soap..

Mix all together, pour on spots, scrub a little and let dry. Vaccuum after dry.

Let me know it it works! If not, I am glad I did not spend 10 bucks on it! lol

And please let me know if it discolors! The peroxide concerned me, but who knows:confused:

lvpets2002
11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
:) Hey thats pretty simple.. I already have all three of those items at the house.. Soo lets me see if it works or not.. I use a premix spray from the PetsMart that works pretty good..

catmandu
11-06-2008, 04:34 PM
I COULD TRY IT ON THE CARPET NEAR THE FRIDGE WHERE TUBSTER PANTHER HAS THE ODD ACCIDENT.
HE MEANS WELL BUT HES SO BIG HE HANGS OVER THE BOX.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies1387.jpg

jazzcat
11-06-2008, 05:47 PM
That is the same recipe for getting rid of skunk spray smell. Poor Disney got hosed by a skunk and we used buckets of that mixture to wash her. It didn't get rid of the smell but it may have helped.

Honestly I don't hold out much hope it will get rid of the pee smell.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Anyone have an update? :D Did it discolor? Did it work?

jenluckenbach
11-14-2008, 05:20 AM
I would be very interested to know if it bleached the carpet. We use that recipe on dogs who have been skunked, and it HAS been known to bleach their hair if left on too long. And leaving it on until it dries!? that would scare me.

Medusa
11-14-2008, 07:04 AM
I would be afraid to try it. My son used toothpaste w/peroxide in it and after he was finished brushing, wiped a little residual toothpaste off his mouth onto my towel and it bleached the towel.