PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone air travelled with your cat? Advice needed...

ranita
11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi all. I'm planning on moving and I'm traveling by plane and I do need (and want) to take Ziggy with me. She's now 7 months. Has all shots and all of that good stuff...I'm just wondering if anyone has had bad/good experience with air travel and pets. I'm planning on flying Delta or United.
thanks!

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi,yes I've flown with 2 of my cats before but it was a direct flight that didn't take very long. I adopted both Pearl and Ziggy Stardust from the Phoenix,AZ area and every thing was fine. I didn't adopt them at the same time but about 1 year apart from each other.

The main thing you need to do is to make sure to make a reservation for your cat ahead of time because the flight will only allow a certain number of animals per flight. You also have to have a flight approved carrier that's the correct size so it'll be able to fit under the seat in front of you. Unless things have changed since Aug.2006.

Both cats were tiny kittens so they didn't take up much room. I also made sure to put in some puppy pee pads in case they had any accidents. They ended up sleeping most of the way and no one even knew that they were on the flight because they were so quiet.

You also must have a health certificate and I think that the date on it can't be any earlier than 10 days before you'll be flying. I'm sure that everything will be fine. Good luck.:)