PDA

View Full Version : Poor Little Guy

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Jackie got in a fight......with the vet's scalpel that is.

He had some bumps on his head that I didn't like. At first I though they might be from ear mites since his ears were dirty and I thought the scabbies on his head were from him scratching.....or from Robin beating him up. ;) But I didn't know so I took him to the vet. He fights so much at the vet that they had to sedate him to check the bumps, so they did a dental while he was under too. However, the dental was the easy part - no tooth extractions ro anything - and in the meantime, the vet couldn't figure out what the bumps were, so he shaved the hair, scraped the scabs off and determined it wasn't ear mites or fungul (ringworm, etc.). He was baffled so he called to see if he could do a biopsy on the the bumps. I approved that so poor little Jackie ended up with 3 stitches and a face that looks like he's been in a brutal fight.

Needless to say he was pretty groggy last night when I picked him up. He was still wobbly this morning, but is much better now and has even had two outies - at his request - so I know he's feeling much better. He just looks rough now....as you can see......

Poor little guy.
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/hddebbie/cats/small190_9026.jpg

Oh, and we won't get the results of the biopsy for a few days yet. I'll let you know what they are when I get them.

Bengalz
11-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Poor baby - such aboose;) That little face has got to conjure up lots of extra cuddles, treats and whatever the little the man wants:D It's the price we pay for being caring purrents;):love:

Hugs and healing thoughts for a good test result.

Catty1
11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Poor Jackie....I hope he is comfy enough. Did the vet give you any ointment with a bit of local anesthetic in it, or a mild painkiller?

Prayers for negative or really treatable results on the bumpies. :love:

Taz_Zoee
11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Awww, poor CJ. He looks a little miffed at you mom. LOL
I hope the results come back okay.

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Poor CJ.:( I hope that it's nothing serious. I'm looking forward to a good update.

Cinder & Smoke
11-06-2008, 12:01 AM
POOR CJ! :(

Looking at CJ, it begs the Question: "What's the Other Guy look like?" :p

Sure hope the tests all come back as no problemo.

Now ... would his darling lil SisFur ever even *think* of "Beating him up?" :eek:

Feel BETTER, CJ!!

Killearn Kitties
11-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Poor baby! Sending lots of kisses and cuddles to little Jackie. Hope his biopsy goes well.

Sonia59
11-06-2008, 04:06 AM
Poor CJ! Many gentle kisses for you. I hope the results are good.

catlover4ever
11-06-2008, 07:43 AM
:( Poor CJ, oh he looks so sad in his photo. Sending CJ lots of love and kisses, hope he is feeling better real soon, and please keep us posted as to the outcome of his results.

Barbara
11-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Jackieboy- I am so sorry for you. But you just tell the catboys when they try to tease you: "Wait until you see the other ;)"
We keep our fingers crossed for the outcome.

Anikaca77
11-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Poor Little Guy. I hope his face heals quickly.

jazzcat
11-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Ouch! Poor CJ, that looks very painful. I sure hope everything comes back okay, please keep us posted.

Donnaj4962
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Owie! Poor CJ. Prayers from me and the girls in Indiana that he heals soon and that the biopsy results come back negative.

(((hugs))) to sweet CJ!

Kona & Oreo's mom
11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Poor CJ. He looks like a bruiser. I hope that he feels better soon and that the biopsy comes back OK!

Karen
11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Awww, poor kitty! Give him a kiss for me!

smokey the elder
11-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Poor CJ. Phred beat me to the "you should see the OTHER guy!" comment. Feel better, handsome boy.

lvpets2002
11-06-2008, 03:40 PM
:eek: Just look at that face.. He is like I dare you to take me to that vet anymore for all of this abuss.. Its ok baby meowmom is just trying to get healthy now.. If you will goolge eye her maybe she will give you some treats..

catmandu
11-06-2008, 05:36 PM
POOR OLD CJ, HE LOOKS LIKE A PRIZE FIGHTETR WHOS BEEN PUT IN TOO TOUGH. HE WILL HEAL UP WE PRAY AND WE PRAY TOO THAT THE BIOPSY SHOWS NOTHING .:love::love::love:
WE KNOW THAT TUBBY:love: AND PEANUTS :love:ARE THERE COMFORTING THIER PROTEGE:love::love:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Thank you all for your nice comments and good wishes. Now word from the vet on the biopsies yet, but I did take him back for a recheck today. He is still wobbly on his feet - it's almost as if his back legs are weak and give out on him. He can jump off the bed ok.....most of the time, but the reason I took him back was because he was walking in a straight line right in front of me, and boom, there goes his back leg for no reason! When I brought Robin home from her dental, she was perfectly fine the very next day as far as wobbliness. It seems he knows he's unstable on his feet now, so he takes things a bit slower, but sometimes that back leg just gives out.

So anyway, I took him back and the vet who did the original damage is off on Thursdays, so the other vet looked at him and again, since Jackie fights so much, he couldn't get a real good look in his ears, but he did take his temp and it's normal (and boy did CJ NOT like that!), so he said he doesn't thing it's anything to be really concerned about, that sometimes it just takes a little longer for the full effects of the sedative to wear off. I have noticed that CJ is not eating as much as normal, and when they weighed him today, he was .6 pounds less than when they first weighed him a week ago. The vet says they need to eat and drink to metabolize the anesthetic, so maybe that's what the problem is.

Anyway, he's just coming back from another walkie, so he can't be feeling too bad. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I think it is time for a name change...."Bad, bad Leroy Brown" is what I thought when I saw his photo!

Poor baby....wishes for a quick return to normal!

RICHARD
11-07-2008, 11:37 AM
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/hddebbie/cats/small190_9026.jpg

'

This probably won't be funny, but I have to make a joke because I feel sorry for CJ and his fight with the scalpel, so please forgive me?

"Years after Al Pacino made the role and movie a classic piece of American cinematography....

CJ brings the essence of the gangster movie back to life in...'

THE SON OF SCARFACE.

"Come get some, you #@*&$#^ cock-a-roach! Say hello, to my little fren!"

---------------

CJ, don't worry, mom had to get you checked out. It's a hard thing to explain, but it was done out of love.:(

Terry, don't worry!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2008, 12:42 PM
He seemed almost worse this last night and this morning, so I took him back. Turns out he has a raging inner ear infection which is why is still so wobbly and why he doesn't have an appetite. He is in the "hospital" as we speak, getting fluids, antibiotics and a steroid shot to help bring the inflamation down. Vet says the ear drum was close to rupturing.

My opinion.....never doubt a meowmy's instincts. I knew there was something wrong. My question now is....why didn't the first vet notice the ear infection when he was cleaning Jackie's ears? The first vet is having surgery himself right now, so another vet is taking care of him and found the ear infection - after we suggested looking for it. The second vet says there's a good chance Jackie had a mild ear infection to begin with, which was causing him to scratch his head, causing the scabbies on his head. So, again, why didn't the first vet find the ear infection when he cleaned his ears. Could have saved us a whole lot of grief and Jackie a whole lot of stress - and them a whole lot of time because I don't intend to pay for much that went on today after paying over $800.00 the first time!. :mad:

Thanks for the laugh, Richard. :) Good news is the hair on his face is already growing back quite nicely, so he won't be Son of Scarface for long. ;)

jazzcat
11-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Wow, that is bad that the first vet didn't catch the infection and the scratching would explain the scabs. Poor Cracker Jack! I sure hope he responds quickly to the meds and fluids and feels better soon.

Thanks for the update.

RedHedd
11-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh poor C.J.! He looks pitiful! Poor baby. Gentle schmoozles and squishes.

Sonia59
11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I hope CJ will start feeling better now, poor boy!

GILL
11-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I hope that he starts to feel better now.
When I have a feeling I get a second opinion. With ET I went through 3 vets.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Oo..... what a sad face :(.... Get better soon dear CJ!!:love: