PDA

View Full Version : cleaning help...

Trinityagain
11-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I wasn't sure what to call this thread but here is what happened...we have a walk in closet (according to the house plans it is actually a bedroom...for a gnome maybe!) but anyway my clothes hang on one side and hubby's are on the other. Every so often for some reason one of the male cats in the houshold decides to puddle outside the litterbox. Usually no big deal, find it, clean it up and life goes on. Well yesterday someone decided the walk in was a good place...and they nailed 4 items of clothing hanging on my side. Two were washable, no problem. The other two are not washable and I was wondering if anyone knows if I take them to the dry cleaner will that process get rid of the smell? I sprayed them both with the enzyme breaking stuff but would really like to go further than that...

And the reason they do this is because of another stray in the yard or Silver (the newest addition) annoying them....nothing medical, just an attitude issue.

Taz_Zoee
11-05-2008, 03:37 PM
It depends on how quickly you get it to the cleaners. The longer it stays on the item the harder it will be to get out.
Ask if they have any Exit deoderizer (sp?) to apply to it. Let them know what you've applied (enzyme breaker). Sometimes these things, including the cat spray itself, can cause certain types of material to lose color.

I called my mom who owned a dry cleaners for over 40 years until this past July. :)

Trinityagain
11-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Thank mom for me! Will be going to the dry cleaners...um...tomorrow! I knew I took the day off for a reason!

THANK YOU!

catmandu
11-05-2008, 05:11 PM
THATS A SHAME WHEN OUR FUR PALS BREAK THIER LITTER BOX HABITS.
I JUST HOPE THAT YOU CAN HAVE THOSE CLOTHES CLEANED AND MAYBE YOU MAY HAVE TO STORE YOUR MORE EXPENSIVE ITEMS IN PLASTIC!!
:(:(:eek:

Taz_Zoee
11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
You are very welcome! :D

And that's not a bad idea Gary. Maybe place the items that are Dry Clean only either in an area not easily accessed by sprayers or in garment bags (that you can purchase at the cleaners:)).
But I hope your spraying issue doesn't continue.

shepgirl
11-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Could you install some kind of door to the closet? That way you wouldn't have to worry and they might decide to go back to thir litter box...

Medusa
11-05-2008, 08:51 PM
My dry cleaner won't take anything w/urine or blood on it and I've never gone to another dry cleaner, so I can't answer your question. I know that the enzyme cleaner works well on washable things and that's about it. Sure hope the pee situation ends for you. :)

kuhio98
11-05-2008, 11:19 PM
My dry cleaner won't take anything w/urine or blood on it and I've never gone to another dry cleaner, so I can't answer your question. I know that the enzyme cleaner works well on washable things and that's about it. Sure hope the pee situation ends for you. :)Same here. They wouldn't take our bedspread when Kuhio had a pee accident on it. Once they heard cat urine, they showed me the door. :eek::(