PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #290 - It's Samantha's party!

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Samantha and her enormous ego would like to host this week's party. She is terribly, terribly pleased with herself having been Cat of the Day and she does not want the moment to pass without a celebration. There will be dainty mouthfuls of tuna, chicken, steak and smoked salmon. DOTD will be catnip tea - at least MOFF's gang should be happy with that, the rest of you may prefer to bring your own food and drink.

Please come and party with us!

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Dear Samantha,

Edwina and I will be there just as soon as she can decide WHAT to wear....sigh...girl kitties....

Exasperatedly,

Eddie

Cinder & Smoke
11-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Edwina and I will be there just as soon as she can decide WHAT to wear
...sigh ... girl kitties ....
Exasperatedly,
Eddie

Hey Ed ~

Just hop inna bus an *BLOW da Horn* a few times ...
That'll git 'er movin!

:D

lvpets2002
11-05-2008, 11:59 AM
:) Yes for sure lets get this party started for Samantha getting to be Cat of the Day.. Orc where did you go?? Oh ok I see ya now overthere mixing up some CatNip Tea.. I will bring some Temptations Seafood Meledy Treats..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/07.jpg

gini
11-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Annie, get back here - wait for Rascal and Emma..............
Yes, I know there is a lot of food - but this is Samantha's party and I want you to show your good manners.

Oh, Annie, just look what you have done. You have knocked over the pot of catnip tea just so you could get to the tuna platter first.

And quit hissing at all of the other kitties!

Oh, Karen, Samantha, I am so sorry - the word F O O D does it every time.

Yes, she does resemble a bowling ball doesn't she? Only thing is she is orange and not black.

I need a drink!

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
:eek: What was that orange whirlwind that just swept through the bar?!! Oh Annie, it's you! Have some tuna sweetie and orc will be along with more catnip tea in the blink of an eye. There is plenty more where all this came from. Dig in everyone! There are Seafood Treats coming too. :)

Now Mr Phred, you wouldn't be looking to start something would you. :p Meowmie says that that kind of behaviour is designed to annoy. You will have Lady Edwina to reckon with when she gets here!

Samantha x

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Gini, it is unforgiveable - Samantha missed your drink! What can I get you? A little catnip tea? A little glass of champagne? A little traditional Thursday Slushie? What will it be?

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Eddie and Edwina are on their way. Edwina was torn...absolutely torn...about what to wear. I think Samantha will be pleased with her choice.

The hat made from pigeon feathers was interesting but a bit over the top.

Eddie will be parched so please have something wet and strong ready to go for him!

Barbara
11-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Samantha I am sure there is some nice Scotch whisky in your bar.
Can I have some?
Filou I told you not to jump on the bar right away and where is Tigris? Sitting in the sink :rolleyes:

Karen
11-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Ooh, at Thursdays, the food is all hypoallergenic - and the kitties are, too? Who wants some head scritches or tummy rubs?

I've brought some good cider to share with the people.

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Darling Edwina! How fashionable that creation of feathers is! Have a catnip tea in an elegant glass. I have a strong tea for Eddie from under the bar. ;)

Of course auntie Barbara, we have a huge range of whiskies here. What is your pleasure? Shall I pour a little Glengoyne (our local) to start? Over here for the goodies Filou and Tigris!

Auntie Karen, I would love some scritchies!!!!! I shall take a break from my bartending duties to roll over. :D I am hypoallergenic, and so is the orange perpetual kitten. The humans will welcome your cider, I am sure. The catnip tea is not going down a storm with them.

Samantha xx

Cinder & Smoke
11-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Now Mr Phred, you wouldn't be looking to start something would you? :p

Meowmie says that that kind of behaviour is designed to annoy.
You will have Lady Edwina to reckon with when she gets here!

No, "annoying" was when Dad would send me or Lil Sis in to tell Mom:
"Dad sez we're leavin in 2 minutes, Mom!" :eek: :p

Mom was sometimes purdy *quiet* after she got inna car!
:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Dear Samantha,

Can you believe it! Edwina made me take her back home again! I think she has it this time....

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Olympics/Scotland.jpg?t=1218244339

I hope so because I sure want to PARTEE!!!

Festively,

Eddie

cassiesmom
11-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Dear Samantha,

May I please have a little milk in a dish? (and may my meowmom please have tea?)

Congratulations again,
Cassie

jennielynn1970
11-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I'll bring some home made apple pie to share!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/applepie.jpg

Anyone have any icecream for the pie?

Barbara
11-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Filou wants to sample the pie... oh no Filou, no licking of the pie although it is so nice an buttery!!!!
And now as the icecream comes of course he's first again.:rolleyes:

davidpizzica
11-06-2008, 04:38 AM
Hi, everyone! Marigold insisted on coming to Samantha's party and to meet the gang. Marigold, mind your manners! May I have a slushie and a CNT for Marigold?

Killearn Kitties
11-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Yummy milk in a crystal dish for Cassie, and a nice cup of tea for auntie Elyse.

Auntie Jenn, how kind of you to bring something for the humans. It looks scrumptious! I forgot to mention that we have oodles and oodles of cream and ice cream. What kind of cat celebration would not have cream?

Don't worry Filou, we will cover those licks with cream. No-one will ever know. :p I know you are partial to a taste of mango, perhaps you would like a piece of apple pie with your cream?

Hi Marigold! Hi Uncle David! I have a lovely bowl of catnip tea here for you Marigold, and one slushie coming up for your daddy.

Why not put your paws and feet up over by the fire everyone. I hear Richard is 101 today, so I am going into the kitchen to bake a cake. Chocolate with slushie buttercream icing, I'm thinking. :D

Samantha x

Barbara
11-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Why not put your paws and feet up over by the fire everyone. I hear Richard is 101 today, so I am going into the kitchen to bake a cake. Chocolate with slushie buttercream icing, I'm thinking. :D

I am sure some drops of whisky in the chocolate will be appreciated.

jennielynn1970
11-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Oh Samantha... my Zachariah said he had to bake something for such a gorgeous Scottish girl! He wants to know if he can come if he brings some of his special tuna casserole?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/tunacasserole.jpg

Finae said she wants to bring Filou some of her favorite Thai Mango Salad. It's so yummy!!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/MangoSalad2.jpg

Barbara
11-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Thai mango salad- that is something Filou will have with his CNT, chili and all :D

lvpets2002
11-06-2008, 10:15 AM
:eek: Oh WoW that All looks so good the Tuna Casserole.. Orc you had better start making a Whole Bunch More Cat Nip Tea.. Anybody for more Seafood Meledy Treats?? Lets get the music going & some dancing done..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/prod_104_35194.jpg

Catty1
11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Yay! Dancing!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-pictures-cat-has-dance-skills.jpg

And professional entertainers!:D

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-pictures-cat-trains-other-two-cats-in-circus-things.jpg

Killearn Kitties
11-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Zachariah, this tuna casserole is wonderful! You must give me the recipe. Have another portion yourself with your CNT. And that Thai mango salad! Yours must be a gourmet household. I'm beginning to feel a little cheated. For being COTD I got tuna straight out the can! :eek:

Dig in Filou sweetie, we want you to eat lots. :love: There are seafood treats too! We will be able to eat as much as we like with all the dancing going on. No-one will be able to say that you look like a bowling ball again Annie, after all this dancing. Cheek.

CNT auntie Catty?

Uncle Richard's cake is all ready for when he arrives, although I haven't put alllllll the candles on yet. I don't think it has risen quite as much as it should have after auntie Barbara tipped that half bottle of whisky in. I think he might be too frightened to look in just in case someone asks him to work.

Samantha x

Catty1
11-06-2008, 12:11 PM
CNT! Would love some, just clear and hot!

All this YUMMY food.

Fister, no snitching the frosting on the cake! That's RICHARD'S!!!

I expect a visit from the Edster is in the cards?:)

lvpets2002
11-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Zachariah, this tuna casserole is wonderful! You must give me the recipe. Have another portion yourself with your CNT. And that Thai mango salad! Yours must be a gourmet household. I'm beginning to feel a little cheated. For being COTD I got tuna straight out the can! :eek:

Dig in Filou sweetie, we want you to eat lots. :love: There are seafood treats too! We will be able to eat as much as we like with all the dancing going on. No-one will be able to say that you look like a bowling ball again Annie, after all this dancing. Cheek.

CNT auntie Catty?

Uncle Richard's cake is all ready for when he arrives, although I haven't put alllllll the candles on yet. I don't think it has risen quite an much as it sould have after auntie Barbara tipped that half bottle of whisky in. I think he might be too frightened to look in just in case someone asks him to work.

Samantha x

:p Is This Richard's Birthday Cake After the Whisky Tipped Over?? Hey it still looks good & eatable ..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/27894.jpg

Cataholic
11-06-2008, 01:16 PM
The photos in this thread are hysterical!

I will drink to Samantha, skip all food, just bring me something strong!

slick
11-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh, may I join the partee??? So much to celebrate and so much for me to catch up on.

I'm leaving my Max at home because he's not feeling well. Poor guy just got back from the whitecoats.

Anyway, congratuations again to Sweet Samantha for being COTD. She graces our pages with such style and confidence. I must say that Mz Edwina has competition. :D

Secondly, HAPPY PURRFFFDAY TO RICHARD! Richard, you leave me weak in the knees! ;) :love:You look so handsome in that suit. Going anywhere special tonight or do we have the pleasure of your company?

...and finally can someone please take Annie off that cake???? She's fading away to a ton......:D

So I'm on vacation now until December 1st. Going to pound the mall sidewalks and get all my Christmas shopping done and mailed by the time I go back to work. Yup, this year I've got it all together...:rolleyes:

So Samantha, you're pouring today? May I please have a Spanish Coffee? The weather here is frightening...:eek:...high winds and pounding rain. Yup, this is the Wet Coast.

**waves** Hi everyone!:)

catland
11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
YaY Samantha.

Jan, Strauss and Joxer would love to join your party. Joxer is an all grey boy himself so he was very pleased to see such a pretty girl having a partee.

Just ignore Jan - she hisses at everyone. :rolleyes:

Barbara
11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Tigris is disappointed that Max couldn't come.

Richard- come and have some whisky and chocolate cake. We put only half a bottle in it- the other one is for celebrating ;)

Killearn Kitties
11-06-2008, 04:33 PM
More strong CNT coming up for auntie Catty, and something strong coming up for auntie Johanna and lots of teas for the States.

A Spanish coffee for auntie Slick. On vacation until December 1st??? :eek: I think you should be serving me! Only joking, I have packed a little package of goodies for you to take to Max. Poor baby! I hope he feels more himself soon.

More CNT's for Jan, Strauss and Joxer. I have mixed an especially tasty one for lovely grey Joxer. Me? Biased? How can you say that?

Come on in Richard! Barbara is saving a half bottle of whisky for you.

Samantha x

lvpets2002
11-06-2008, 04:39 PM
:p And saven the Cake with a little floppsy to it..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/27894.jpg

RICHARD
11-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey Guys!

WHew, I made it!

Thanks for saving me some treats!

I am more than willing to share my seat with Pam and Samantha!

I have to go for the moment, thanks to you all for thinking of me and can we pass the hat around so we can get Slick from pounding any pavement?!?!

LOL, Later!

Edwina's Secretary
11-06-2008, 07:55 PM
<<hic>> <<hic>> Oh dear, Eddie seems to have the hiccups ever since he ate a BIG slice of birthday cake. Anyone know a cure?

Silly Edwina, it will NOT mess up your tam if you eat the cake carefully!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi everybody <waves> Robin here and did I hear there's a partee? Woohoo, I like partees! Bring on the cake, ice cream, cookies, cream and all the other party favors - I like partee favors!

My brudder couldn't make it since he's still not feeling good after his whitecoat visit, but that's ok, I'll eat his share too.

Hmmm.....do you think my love for party favors has anything to do with why meowmy calls me Chunky Munky? Speaking of meowmy....she needs something good and strong to help her cope with the stress of my brudder.....and my daddy. He gets so upset when one of us isn't feeling well, and that puts an extra burden on meowmy. I do my best by giving her extra nose kissies. I know she likes that and it always makes her smooch on me.

Anyway, enough of about us. I'll tell meowmy to check the COTD to see Samantha's big day, but in the meantime, lets partee!!!

RICHARD
11-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Whew, I am working here!

I just cleaned out the boxes for our guests and the Belle of the Ball, Ms. Samantha!

That Orc is just way to dumb to get the nuances of proper kitty care!

I'll get the dishes and the bottles cleaned up....
Anyone up for some Brekkie?:D

Getting old is no excuse for not doing my job...Can I get a community DONE! in the meantime?

Cinder & Smoke
11-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Getting old is no excuse for not doing my job ...
Can I get a community DONE! in the meantime?

WoW!
Only ONE day off for you B-Day, RICHARD?

You can have a WELL DONE!, Lad!!

:D

Killearn Kitties
11-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Lady Edwina, your tammy is as perfect as when you arrived! How do you do it, dah-ling? I think Eddie is recovering now. Perhaps he would like a little more cake?

Robin! How lovely to see you here partying. I'm so sorry CJ is not here. Will you pass on some kisses for me? Party favours and lots of kitty treats for you, and a slushy for each hand for Anutie Debbie.

Uncle Richard, there is no need to clear out the litter boxes! Please pull up a seat by the fire, have a drink and a big piece of cake. Meowmie will clean the boxes. :p You have a birthday to celebrate still.

Are you having a drink with us, Uncle Phred?

Catty1
11-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Originaly posted by slick: Richard, you leave me weak in the knees! You look so handsome in that suit.

Well...little wonder...it's a Suit for his Birthday, yes? ;):D

Cinder & Smoke
11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Are you having a drink with us, Uncle Phred?

< hick > :o

Don't tell nunbuddie, but I'z been < sippin > since I came back from Votin! :p

Who won?
:confused:

RICHARD
11-07-2008, 10:25 PM
< hick > :o

Don't tell nunbuddie, but I'z been < sippin > since I came back from Votin! :p

Who won?
:confused:

In theory or in the final vote count?:D

C1,

I do not recommend BBQing in your b-day suit.:D

Come on everyone, Dance.

Catty1
11-07-2008, 11:54 PM
We be dancin'! :D
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-dancing-wb-cat.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-interpretive-dance-cat.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-disco-fever-cat.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-caturday-night-fever-dancing-cat.jpg?w=344&h=480

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/funny-pictures-breakdancing-panda.jpg

UMMMM...ok, who invited the PANDA? :eek:

RICHARD
11-08-2008, 11:02 AM
LOL, the panda snuck in.

I am cooking brekkie.

THere are eggs, ham, bacon, taters, pancakes, waffles and a fruit cup..coffee or a bloody mary or mimosa for the adventurous!

DONE!

----------

MY favorite LOLCATS is this one...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=40747&d=1226163621

gini
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Knock knock - anyone here? I think I need a little something to get me through Tuesday!

Karen
11-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Cuppa chai and some apple crisp, gini? Or were you looking for something stronger?

RICHARD
11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
I'll pour.

TIme to get back to work!

DONE!

Anyone want some stir fry?

It's from scratch and pretty tasty!

Along with a salad?

I know.....Not a gourmet pair but good.