PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Barack Obama!

AdoreMyDogs
11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm so very proud of you, Mister Obama! I'm excited about the future of our country and the change that is forthcoming!

Yay!!!

ramanth
11-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Congrats on a historic moment.

blue
11-04-2008, 11:21 PM
It is an absolute gushing love fest on NBC right now, I think Tom Browkaw is about to cry.

Karen
11-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Congratulations to Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden, and to all of America. We have all weathered an extremely long election and campaign. We will have a new president, and a new beginning. Congratulations, Mr. McCain, on a gracious concession speech.

Cliche, sure, but there it is.

And I was happy to hear Mr. Obama mention in his speech just now to his daughters that they have earned the new puppy that will move with them into the White House!

Sleep well, tonight, America. We've earned a good rest.

kitten645
11-04-2008, 11:31 PM
:love:I couldn't be happier and more optomistic about the future. Hope the puppy is a shelter pup.
What's so wrong with a "love fest"? All you need is love!
Claudia

Marigold2
11-04-2008, 11:33 PM
It's a great and hopeful time for this country. I am so proud of the American people, change is on the way and hopefully once again we will be the great United States. Obama is a good man.

blue
11-04-2008, 11:35 PM
It shows the bias of the MSM.

Suki Wingy
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm very happy, and I also think that speech is going to go down in history.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/littlehappy-hope.gif

kitten645
11-05-2008, 12:39 AM
"It shows the bias of the MSM."

Well you have Fox. Lucky you.
Obama 08:p
No on h8!

caseysmom
11-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Yeah we flipped to Fox for a good laugh it was all sad faces...definetely unbiased:D

blue
11-05-2008, 01:30 AM
I dont have Fox, any of the Fox channels. I cant even watch the Simpsons on my TV.

The worst thing to happen to the nightly news was positive ratings.

ETA: Isnt Fox News part of the MSM?

Kfamr
11-05-2008, 02:57 AM
Congratulations -- and here's to hoping the bickering stops here!

BitsyNaceyDog
11-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Today is a good day.

Last night around 6:30 we were headed to Walmart. As we drove through town we were excited to be greeted by many many Obama supporters, they were everywhere. I was pleasantly surprised and very proud of my small town at that very moment.

Congratulations Mr. Obama! Congratulations America!

beeniesmom
11-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Congratulations to America!
I am so very happy.

elizabethann
11-05-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm very happy, and I also think that speech is going to go down in history.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/littlehappy-hope.gif

I couldn't stay up last night. I tried. I felt I shouldn't miss this historical moment. But my body failed me and I passed out at 10:30pm. I listened to his speech this morning and it brought tears in my eyes. It's one for the history books. Congratulations President Elect Obama!

Pawsitive Thinking
11-05-2008, 07:55 AM
The world seems just that little bit safer now

TopCat3
11-05-2008, 07:56 AM
We had the TV on all day in the boardroom for anyone that wanted to pop in for an update. Part way through the afternoon our MD came out and dinged the little gong we have in the office/callcentre that we use sometimes to announce an "anouncement" or call a break/end of shift. He said "It's official, Obama is the next US president". There was a mixed reaction but most people seemed pleased. Whatever the outcome you were about to be rid of Bush - we all were - (no offence to any Bushies but...I mean...) so that was good anyway.

I think Obama is charismatic, eloquent, elegant, sincere and seriously hard-working and well-prepared. I wish him and the whole of the USA all the very best for the new future that is ahead of you - and for the rest of the world as a result. Time will tell if he is up to the new challenge. I couldn't help but think how proud Martin Luther King would have been if he could have seen ahead to this moment, his dream fulfilled, before he died.

We have a saying down here, America sneezes and Australia catches a cold. Well, let's hope you make a great recovery and so will we.

Congratulations and best wishes on a new president and a new era.

Sirrahsim
11-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Congratulations Senator.. I hope with all of my heart that I am wrong about you and that you are just what this country needs.

Kirsten
11-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Even over here in Europe you feel that something big is going on; a historical, a great moment...

I was really excited this morning and turned on the tv at 6:30 am to find out who has won the election. :)

And I was happy to hear Mr. Obama mention in his speech just now to his daughters that they have earned the new puppy that will move with them into the White House!

Oh, that is sweet! Can't wait to see the new First Dog. :)

Congratulations, Mr. Obama!

Kirsten

MoonandBean
11-05-2008, 08:43 AM
I fought to stay up until 11 when they announced the winner...missed the speech...will have to see if I can catch it online tonight. I am so happy and optimistic....:)

lvpets2002
11-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Congratulations to Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden, and to all of America. We have all weathered an extremely long election and campaign. We will have a new president, and a new beginning. Congratulations, Mr. McCain, on a gracious concession speech.

Cliche, sure, but there it is.

Sleep well, tonight, America. We've earned a good rest.

:) I Totally Agree Congrats.. Karen has noted the wording so well..

Cincy'sMom
11-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Congratulations Senator.. I hope with all of my heart that I am wrong about you and that you are just what this country needs.

I'll echo that.

lvpets2002
11-05-2008, 09:04 AM
:) Yes All Over The World is to be Knowing this Historic Moment.. I just hope they Adopt from a Shelter the New Puppy for the White House..:D
Even over here in Europe you feel that something big is going on; a historical, a great moment...

I was really excited this morning and turned on the tv at 6:30 am to find out who has won the election. :)

Oh, that is sweet! Can't wait to see the new First Dog. :)

Congratulations, Mr. Obama!

Kirsten

Cataholic
11-05-2008, 09:41 AM
I stayed awake until Pennslyvania came in as Obama! There wasn't much chance of a loss at that point.

Yippee to President Elect Obama, I can't wait to see what the next four years bring.

AllAmericanPUP
11-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Congrats to Obama!

McCain's speech was wonderful also!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Congratulations to all Americans!! I was pro Obama, so I am happy that he is elected! What a historic moment in the history of America!!:)

caseysmom
11-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Congratulations to all Americans!! I was pro Obama, so I am happy that he is elected! What a historic moment in the history of America!!:)

Thank you and all other pt'ers sending their congrats from other countries, I truly hope this will have a positive effect on your countries too.

Daisy and Delilah
11-05-2008, 10:11 AM
CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!

I thought both speeches were great. Totally different from each other but equally significant.

I feel like this country can come together now more than ever. I have high hopes for a very bright future.

Kari: I'm so proud of our county and little towns too. :)

Kirsten
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I was just watching cnn and heard the part of the speech where he promised his daughters to get the puppy. :)

I truly hope this will have a positive effect on your countries too.

Thank you. :) Well, when Barack Obama held his speech in Berlin this summer, he already pointed out that he expects the European countries to offer more support in Afghanistan. But nonetheless, he's perceived as a very positive, a very charismatic person over here in Germany. :)

Kirsten

momoffuzzyfaces
11-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I think it will take a while for the enormity of this electon to set in. :)

We have taken a step where all of America's children can dream of becoming President and now have the possibility of it happening. A country where the color of someone's skin is not important but their heart is. A country with hope to grow stong and live with the world in peace and respect again. A country where we are truely becoming a United States of America.

Also the passing of the old way into a new way. The youth came out in record numbers. They understood what lots of us older ones forgot. The way things have always been is not always the best way.

Somehow, I think Abe Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr. were giving our country a standing ovation last night! :)

lvpets2002
11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I think it will take a while for the enormity of this electon to set in. :)

We have taken a step where all of America's children can dream of becoming President and now have the possibility of it happening. A country where the color of someone's skin is not important but their heart is. A country with hope to grow stong and live with the world in peace and respect again. A country where we are truely becoming a United States of America.

Also the passing of the old way into a new way. The youth came out in record numbers. They understood what lots of us older ones forgot. The way things have always been is not always the best way.

Somehow, I think Abe Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr. were giving our country a standing ovation last night! :)

:eek: WoW that was Great Wording.. I as well very much Agree.. I wish I was good at wording what I am thinking.. Hey Thanks

JenBKR
11-05-2008, 11:27 AM

I agree...he was not my choice, but hopefully he will prove me wrong. I am glad that the whole thing is over.

I do have one question though, a little off topic. In the last two presidential elections, wasn't it at least a few days after election day that Bush was named the winner? I know that Gore requested a re-count, so maybe that was the reason with that election. Maybe I am just confused, but I didn't expect to see who the winner was so soon this year.

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm so happy that Obama has become our new President.:) Congrats Barack Obama!!!:D

lvpets2002
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I agree...he was not my choice, but hopefully he will prove me wrong. I am glad that the whole thing is over.

I do have one question though, a little off topic. In the last two presidential elections, wasn't it at least a few days after election day that Bush was named the winner? I know that Gore requested a re-count, so maybe that was the reason with that election. Maybe I am just confused, but I didn't expect to see who the winner was so soon this year.

:o Yes it was several days due to the election was so tight & close with Bush/Gore.. This time there was a land slide of who won.. For one Obama had all the electoral votes needed.. He only needed 270 & he had 349.. That is usually automatic win..

JenBKR
11-05-2008, 11:49 AM
:o Yes it was several days due to the election was so tight & close with Bush/Gore.. This time there was a land slide of who won.. For one Obama had all the electoral votes needed.. He only needed 270 & he had 349.. That is usually automatic win..

Ok, that was kind of what I figured...sometimes I am a little slow :o ;) Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Pam
11-05-2008, 11:50 AM
America does seem happier today. :) No matter who we may have voted for, he is our President-Elect and deserves our respect. I thought McCain's speech was well worded and had intended to stay up to see Obama's but couldn't keep my eyes open. I am sure I will see it in the days to come.

jazzcat
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM

My feelings exactly!

Obama wasn't my choice but he has my respect as President-elect and I hope he can keep that respect once in office.

Congratulations on this historic election.

carole
11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Congratulations America,all obama supporters ,what a wonderful day in history this will be, i think only good can come from it and i for one was pleased to see Mr Obama elected, however i have to wait and see if he will be as forthcoming with the fair trade deal we had proposed with the US, McCain was our best bet there, he was 100 per cent for it, so i hope Barrack does not let us down here.

I was so sad that his grandmother did not live just one more day to see her grandson elected, how very sad,but i am sure if she is in heaven,she is smiling down upon him and letting her presence be known.

I did not see Mccain speech ,but i heard it was great too,I can well understand how the voters who voted for him will be feeling today and my empathy goes out to them, we have our big election for government this saturday, and i will be gutted if our present government does not get re-elected,this election in the US could well have an effect on our voters, they may decide after all it is time for a change down under as well,I am hoping not.

Anyhow hope you all have a good day.

Flatcoatluver
11-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I personally am very excited! :D His speech was amazing!

Catty1
11-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't recall where I heard it - but that McCain and the Democrats each have a history of working 'across the floor' to unite in helping their country.

I hope this results in a total powerhouse team for the USA!:)

DJFyrewolf36
11-05-2008, 02:44 PM
I am happy to see Obama win honestly. I hope though that we get 4 years of action and change instead of four years of failed promises and things "just not working out"

I was impressed by McCains speech, very eloquent and well thought out. Bravo to him (and his speech writer :D )

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I thought about you as soon as I heard that bit this morning. :) I knew you would be pleased.

Many congratulations. The speech was good, but what was very moving to me was seeing just how much it meant to some of the people in his audience.

smokey the elder
11-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Dr. King would approve the fact that Mr. Obama was not "judged on the color of his skin, but the content of his character". Some the exit polls showed almost a "Reverse" Bradley effect. The Bradley Effect was because some people lied to the pollsters that race wasn't a factor, so Bradley lost the election.

Casper
11-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I was all smiles when the new president was announced!
I am super excited to see what he does for this country.

Congratulations Mr. Obama!

Cincy'sMom
11-05-2008, 03:56 PM
America does seem happier today. :)

I would agree with this based on the conversations I overhear at work. I realize the election was only yesterday and The Presidency does not change hands until Janurary, but I guess I expected to see the "happiness" reflected more on Wall Street, then the loss of almost all the ground that was gained yesterday. Probablly shows how much I know and why I don't "play the market"!

sparks19
11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
America is happier because we don't have to see those d@mn commercials anymore LOL

Ok maybe it's just me :D

CountryWolf07
11-05-2008, 04:44 PM
America is happier because we don't have to see those d@mn commercials anymore LOL

LOL, I know I am!

ramanth
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Driving home at 1 a.m. last night I noticed that nearly all the signs that were out on public land and fields were already cleaned up!! :eek:

Not sure if the people that placed them there did it, or if the city took care of it, but it's nice to see people cleaning up. :)

RedHedd
11-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Congratulations Mr. Obama; Congratulations AMERICA! Yes WE Can! I'm so proud to be an American today. Things may not be great, but today I have hope for the future. America got it right this time.

sirrahbed
11-05-2008, 07:33 PM

I agree - it was the political phonecalls that was starting to really make me GRUMPY!! So there - I *am* happier today:p

My feelings exactly!

Obama wasn't my choice but he has my respect as President-elect and I hope he can keep that respect once in office.

Congratulations on this historic election.

I can't think of much else to say so will just agree with Lori and daughter sirrahsim. I am sad about the results but see that it was very much what the public wanted. I am very happy to have been able to witness this election of our very first black president - just hope he is the right individual. I truly hope with all my heart that my fears are wrong. God bless America and our leaders. I am as proud to be American as I ever was.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say WOO HOO!! Congrats to soon-to-be President Obama and his family! :D

sumbirdy
11-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I truly hope with all my heart that my fears are wrong. .

I agree. My choice was McCain and I have doubts about Obama. I hope he is what America needs and really hope America didn't make a mistake. After all the majority wanted BUSH in the White house too, twice! And now almost everyone is complaining about him. I hope the same doesn't become of Obama. I hope this "change" is for the better and not the worse. I hope he proves me wrong about him.

Congrats Mr. Obama.

K9karen
11-05-2008, 11:15 PM

I'm K9Karen and I approve your post!!! :p:p:D

Obama Baracks my world!
Our neighborhood went nuts well into the night. I kept looking up at the sky yelling *mom! dad! You watchin'???* They'd be thrilled. My dad always predicted this..saw no reason why it couldn't happen. Now..when a woman wins...ecstacy!

Catty1
11-06-2008, 10:38 AM
For blue - couldn't resist. :)

http://www.uclick.com/feature/08/11/06/db081106.gif

momoffuzzyfaces
11-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I hope he is what America needs and really hope America didn't make a mistake. After all the majority wanted BUSH in the White house too, twice!

Congrats Mr. Obama.

No the majority only voted for Bush the SECOND time. Al Gore had the popular vote the first time but lost because of the mess up in Florida voting. How could you forget the endless recounts? :rolleyes:

The second time, they were hoping he would fix the mess he made the first time.

I'm hoping Obama will surprise everyone. He not only has to try and fix Bush's messes, he will be the standard every African American who runs for president in the future will be compaired to. I'm sure he will be the best president he can possibly be. :)

carole
11-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I think he has a very difficult job ahead of him, but I wish him well, and I hope he does America proud.

K9Karen, not sure if people know who the Prime Minister of NZ is ,but she is a WOMAN Helen Clark, and has been for three terms, nine years, i am hoping another three coming up tomorrow, fingers and paws crossed.:)

blue
11-06-2008, 07:48 PM
For blue - couldn't resist. :)

http://www.uclick.com/feature/08/11/06/db081106.gif

Awesome.

sumbirdy
11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
No the majority only voted for Bush the SECOND time. Al Gore had the popular vote the first time but lost because of the mess up in Florida voting. How could you forget the endless recounts? :rolleyes

I was only 11 then. I'm not much into politics now and I sure wasn't then.

Catty1
11-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I love this one.... :)

http://www.uclick.com/feature/08/11/07/db081107.gif

Randi
11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/BO.jpg

... and Congratulations to all American's for getting such a nice guy for your next president! I believe he has what it takes! :D

I just watched his Press Conference and I think he did pretty well! There will be good changes over the next four years, I believe. Let's also hope he gets the dog from a shelter for his daughter. :)

lizbud
11-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm hoping Obama will surprise everyone. He not only has to try and fix Bush's messes, he will be the standard every African American who runs for president in the future will be compaired to. I'm sure he will be the best president he can possibly be. :)

I realise that some are doubtful of this man, but I'm convinced he is the
real deal.:) Obama is intelligent,thoughtful, and cares about ALL Americans.

He will carry a heavy load because of the mess that the outgoing
goverment leaders left us, but I believe he is up to the job. He will
be a great role model for young men & women.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I noticed today during his press conference, he didn't let them rattle him. He seems to want to take his time and look into things and all possible solutions before he acts, not just jump in gun ho and make things worse. :)

Puckstop31
11-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I hope you all are right.... But, given the state of the economy, he is going to have to break campaign promises. Unless he is REALLY a Marxist.

They key is, will he really raise taxes on big biz and he rich? This includes his plan to steal money from Oil Companies and give it to us, then call it a $1000 tax 'rebate'.

For him to succeed... He will have to be a man he has NEVER been. I hope he can do it.

FWIW, Picking John Kerry (aka, Lurch) for Sec of State.... :eek:

Puckstop31
11-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh, did any of you catch that he had to apologize for a stupid remark... Already? LOL

Catty1
11-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Puck, I think he has a way to go to break a few "mistake" records. :p;)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
No matter who was elected, taxes will need to be raised somewhere to cover the wall street bail out! I'd rather the big companies who caused lots of this pay the most to get bailed out. It will take a while to fix the mess we are in. We didn't get into it in one day and we won't get out of it in one day. I think we are talking years here, no matter who the pres is. :(