PDA

View Full Version : I found rescues but have ?'s!! soon please

lv4dogs
09-13-2002, 03:15 PM
I found rescues, not exactly what I was looking for but I am glad to save lives!! I just saved 2 female rats!! A friend of a friend is moving and has 2 young full grown female rats. Well my friend was over at her house today and this lady was saying how she will have to let her 2 rats go wild as she was unable to find a home for them.My friend said "hang on a minute I think I know someone". And sure enought that someone was me, and I said yes! I could not say no and let those poor little rats fend for themselves in the wild. Now if that is not enought get this, this lady has 2 more rats (one is the mother the other is another sister) that she is keeping so I wounder why she was going to let these 2 go? She has supplies that she is giving me so it is not because she does not have cages or whatnot. Well anyway I have a couple questions. I know that these questions are here somewhere but I am strapped for time and it has been a while since I got different rats from different places at different times. I need some info. on quarantineing these girls. I know to keep them in seperate cages but for how long until they can be introduced to my current rats? Also isn't is best to introduce them in a spare cage or on neutral ground? Also should I keep them in a seperate room in case they happen to have an airborne disease that is contagious? I have to get them in a couple hours! I do not think I will be able to check this site until Monday cause' of my busy schedule this weekend but I will be on it for the next couple hours. I will have to keep them in a different room to be on the safe side until I hear from someone! Ok. I think those were my only questions! Wish me luck. Gosh I hope these girls are friendly and healthy!! That is all I can think about!!