PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers needed for Hart the Feral Cat

CultureJunky
11-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I need all the PT prayers for Hart, one of the feral cats that myself and my mother look after. They live in my mum's back garden, they are fed twice a day, and have two houses that my dad built for them. I have posted pics before, it is a family of four, mum, dad and the two boys. They are all neutered.
Well last Friday when Hart came for something, I noticed a huge swelling on the left side of his face. Two days later, it had gone (must've burst) and he had a blood and pus on his face. It looks like an open wound, but being a feral we could only look whenever he was facing in the direction where we were able to catch a glimpse.
So I borrowed a cage from where I work (I work in a cattery) and I managed to pick him up quickly and transport him into the cage whilst he was eating on the window sill! It was all very quick, and I think I shocked him and that's why he didn't try to fight.
He went a little crazy for a while, but then calmed down.
We took him to the vets, and he's booked in tomorrow at 8.30am to go in to be sedated and examined, and to find out what the problem is. I think it may be an abcess in his mouth. So whatever it is, they will operate or sort it out.
Hopefully he'll be home by the afternoon, but will have to stay in my either my mum's or I'll bring him home with me to take care of him, whilst he recovers and has whatever medication they give us.
It'll be difficult, but I am happy now I know he's going to the vets in the morning.
We do love these cats even though they are feral, we are attached to them, and they all have thier own personalities, even though we can't touch them, we still think of them as ours as we take care of them.

So some PT prayers please for little Hart as he is very scared and bewildered by what's going on, let's hope he makes a full recovery.
Here is a picture of him about a year ago.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Razorbladebeat/HeartShapedBoy.jpg

Catty1
11-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Aww, precious lovely boy.

Hopefully his meds can be put in Pill Pockets if you can get them. Ask the vet.

Maybe he will mellow a bit while recovering. :)

Your family is wonderful for looking after all these kitties.

Medusa
11-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Aw, sweet boy. Feral or not, Hart deserves a chance and how wonderful of you to give him that chance. Prayers going up right now that all will be well for Hart. Looking forward to a positive update. Keep the faythe. :love:

GILL
11-04-2008, 04:19 PM
What a pretty baby. The CREW is sending thier prayers that every thing is OK.
Thank you and your mom for looking after these babies.

Freedom
11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Aw, good for you, Kate! Prayers for Hart to recover fully and for either you or mum to survive unscratched. :D

While he is sedated, remind them to clip his nails!!

phesina
11-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Many prayers are being said for sweet Hart and a full recovery.

How wonderful that you and your family look after him and his fellows and take such good care of them.

God bless you all.

catmandu
11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
WE ARE PRAYING HARD FOR HART, AND THATS SO WONDERFUL THAT HIS ABCESS WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF.
ARE YOU KEEPING HART TO SEE IF HE CAN ADJSUT TO A NEW HOME?
I KNOW THAT TUBSTER PANTHER FOUGHT IT AT FIRST , BUT HES CALMED DOWN A LOT AND USES THE LITTER BOXES A LOT BETTER NOW.
I AM SAD WHEN I THINK OF THE PORCH CATS THAT I COULDNT HELP, AND PRAY THAT HARTS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES, HES SO HANDSOME
:love::love::love::love::love:

Anikaca77
11-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Prays being sent that everything goes well.

Thank you for taking care of Hart.

CultureJunky
11-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Hart spent yesterday at the vets, they sedated him, cleaned him up and it turned out the wound wasn't as bad as we thought thankfully. They said it wasn't a deep wound and will heal fine. They checked him over and his teeth are fine apart from one chipped tooth, he's a healthy boy all over, which I'm really happy about.
He had an anti-biotic shot, and also a painkiller injection. He now has some anti-biotics for a few days in food.
He's now out again with his family resting in the house in the garden.
I'm glad he's going to be okay. :)

Freedom
11-06-2008, 07:48 AM
What a great report!

Anikaca77
11-06-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm so glad to hear it was nothing serious. I'm glad he's back out with his family again. Thank you for caring for these guys so much.

jazzcat
11-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Such a handsome boy!!!

I'm glad it wasn't too bad and he's going to be okay.

LionHart
11-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Such a beautiful kitty. So glad things weren't as bad as they could have been. Happy he's on the mend. God Bless you for taking care of him.

cassiesmom
11-08-2008, 04:18 PM
He's beautiful! Hart, honey, this is going to be okay. Stay in the garden house where your people can keep their eye on you.