PDA

View Full Version : Small Potatoes

Gin
11-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Last spring, I started reading a book called The Urban Gardener. In no time at all, I had rushed down to the garden center and bought soil and seed potatoes, which I then transferred to two large planters.

I harvested my crop last month. In this picture, Sassy poses nicely with my 2008 potato harvest. This proves that a person can grow their own vegetables anywhere, even in a tiny, shady back yard in the middle of a city.

I can just about hear Sassy saying, "Big deal."

kitten645
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow I'm impressed! I wish I didn't have such a black thumb (not to mention living on the second floor!) I'm really into the whole "Buy Fresh, Buy Local" campaign. You cant get anymore fresh and local that you! Congrats!
Claudia

Laura's Babies
11-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Make some mashed potatoes and cover them with gravy and Sassy just might beome impressed. What a idea, plant veggies in a pot and growing your own! I might give that a try next spring.

lvpets2002
11-04-2008, 09:01 AM
:love: Aweee Sassy your so Stunning showing off those home grown potatoes.. I will agree with Laura of mash those potatoes up & put on some gravy & then you will be inpressed.. Adorable pic

cassiesmom
11-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Sassy, you are a gorgeous model for your human's potato harvest! Congratulations to you both!
(psssst... Sassy ... Cassie here ... tell meowmom to mash a little piece of potato for you with milk and catnip ... sometimes my meowmom does that for me)

catmandu
11-05-2008, 09:46 AM
SASSYS :love::love:WAITING FOR HER MEEEOWMIE TO TURN THESE LUMPS INT SOMETHING THAT SHE CAN EAT, SAY POTATO CHIPS, OR FRENCH FRIES!!!:cool::cool::cool:
WITH SOUR CRAEM AND CHEESE TOPPINGS, NOW THATS MEEOW LIKE IT:D:D:D