PDA

View Full Version : Just stamp "SUCKER" on my forehead! UPDATE Post #24

rg_girlca
11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Friday my neighbour down the street from me was telling me about this poor Persian cat that was in the laneway last Wednesday and was so matted and dirty. She brought it into the house to see if she could cut some of the mats out, but the cat wasn't dealing with it too well and when her father got home, he told her, "OUT WITH THE CAT." I told her to phone me if she saw the cat again. I got the call Saturday. The hubby and I went down to see him/her. This poor thing has to be in pain with the amount of mats that are right down to the skin. I turned to the hubby, knowing that Persian's are his passion, and asked him if we could do something for the poor cat. He said, "Bring him home." (Which I knew he would.) :D
I know, I know, I said that I was taking a break from rescuing, but I just couldn't turn my back on this poor cat. I don't know if it's because he is in pain, but you can't even touch his back without him hissing. Apart from that, you can pet him and he/she just purrs and purrs and purrs.
Fortunately I was able to get an appointment tomorrow with the groomers.
I just couldn't bring him to the vets in that condition and boy does he smell from the poop on his butt. I tried to clean it myself, but he/she wanted nothing to do with it.
Here is a picture that I was finally able to get of him because since Saturday, he/she was under my bed. He/she finally came out tonight from under it but decided to go into the cat carrier.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures133.jpg

What do you think people, is it a Persian or a Himalayan???

Karen
11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
He looks like a Persian - no "color points" on his feet. And I wonder if the darker markings on his face are real, or just because of his neglect and dirt. The poor, poor kitty! Thank you for saving him. He's likely be furious and miserable at the groomers, but he'll feel so much better afterwards!

Freedom
11-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Since the mats are so bad, and as this kitty is not happy about any human doing grooming, you may want to tell the groomer it is alright to just shave him down.

What a handsome cat! Perhaps the groomer will be able to determine he/she!

Thank you SO MUCH for helping this cat.

Medusa
11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Aw, poor thing. Maybe shaving would be the best thing. Then the fur can grow in right and s/he'll get used to grooming after that. Thanx for helping this sweet one.

cassiesmom
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
rg girl ca, what is the groomer going to charge you for caring for this kitty's matted coat? If donations are in order here, would you holler? He (she?) certainly has a pretty face! What makes mats painful, I wonder? Poor kitty for the coat to become so matted.

RICHARD
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures133.jpg

Letz just cut toe da chase.

Breyk out da cheezeburgers and no one getz hurt.

rg_girlca
11-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Yes Karen, I have a feeling that this cat is going to give this guy a bit of a hard time. I hope he is up to the challenge.

Freedom: I'm sure this poor cat will have to shaved right down. His mats are so bad and some of them are so big also. I can't even imagine what this poor cat has been through to be in such a condition.:(

Medusa: I'm sure this cat has been groomed before because my hubby took our electric razor that we use on our dog and just groomed a bit on the top part and he didn't even budge. But there were no mats where he did it.

Cassiemom: After explaining to the groomer the condition the cat was in, he quoted me a price of $49.00. It could get to be a little more, but I've got it covered. Thank you for the thought though. Mats are painful when they become so tight that they pull the skin.

RICHARD: LOL!!!!!!! GOOD ONE!!!

I'll be very anxious to hear how it went tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

krazyaboutkatz
11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Lorraine, Thanks for being able to take him/her in.:) I'm sure that this cat will feel so much better once it's been shaved down. I know where I live there are very few groomers that will even groom cats because they're so difficult. Good luck and please continue to keep us updated about him/her.:)

jennielynn1970
11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Personally, I think the word "SUCKER" is somehow hidden under our skins on our foreheads, and only the really pathetic animals know how to truly unlock that part in us that makes it glare out in NEON COLORS! ;)

kt_luvs_kitties
11-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Lorraine, you are a GodSend. Poor kitty! He looks persian to me (one of my FAVORITES)!

I agree Karen, bet those "points" will dissappear after a good bath and trim down.

Cassiesmom-
Mats hurt because the hairs tangle, and then get so tight that it pulls the skin constantly. I have seen cats with mats so bad that they lose skin, and get sores. Also bruising. I cant imagine how painful that must be:(

Thank God for his saviour! I would also donate if needed!:D

Catty1
11-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I love his face, even though he looks grumpy. :)

Does the groomer have any sort of 'calming' stuff that is safe that he might use on this kitty?

Although - kitty might be okay with a razor as it hopefully won't pull...maybe the groomer can put some softener on the mats?

ANYWAY - I bet kitty will feel MUCH better afterwards, and you may have a major sucky boy on your hands. ;)

I hope the groomer doesn't suffer any wounds. Are you going to be there with him?

BTW - whatever happened to that neighbour eejit that you poofed Sweet Pea from? There was a male kitty too, right?

Emeraldgreen
11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
What a handsome fellow! Thank you for bringing him home where he'll be safe and warm. Please post pics after his haircut! :)

orangemm
11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Bless you for taking in this kitty; you know he/she has to be miserable. A good shaving will set things right. Let us know how it goes. I can't imagine how that feels?:confused::confused:

jenluckenbach
11-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks for saving this guy. He'll feel tons better after the grooming. Just warn the groomer to have a cat muzzle handy ;)

Laura's Babies
11-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Poor baby! He looks miserable but my bet is he knows he is in good hands now and will be taken care of, even if he won't like being shaved/groomed. He is going to be a really handsome baby once he is taken care of and gets a little love..

There was no way anyone could have just ignored this baby and let him continue on like he was, if you have any heart at all, you would have to do something, THANKS for stepping up to the plate and taking him on. I can't wait to see him in a few months! (Maybe hubby will want to keep him?)

He looks so much like my RB Chynna, are his eyes blue?

lvpets2002
11-04-2008, 09:04 AM
:love: Aweee this baby is just too Adorable.. So glad your taking this baby in as a furrever home..

catmandu
11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
WELL IF THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD SUCKER IS THAT WE HAVE COMPASSION:love::love: FOR OUR FELLOW CREATURES OF OUR ALL MIGHTY LORD GOD:love::love: ABOVE, AND HAVE FEELINGS FOR A POOR LOST SOUL :love::WHO ONCE UPON A TIME MUST HAVE BEEN THE APPLE OF SOMEONES EYES, THEN THERE ARE MORE SUCKERS ON THIS SITE THAN IN A CANDY STORE.
I AM PROUD LORRAINE TO BE A FELLOW SUCKER WITH YOU, AND I LEARNED THAT COMPASSION FROM MY DEAR MOTHER:love::love: WHO WOULD GO OUT IN THE COLD IN THE LITTLE SPACE UNDER OUR PORCH WITH FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY ONES.:love:
ITS A SHAME THAT IN THIS MERCENARY WORLD CARING IS CONSIDERED FOOLISH, I THINK THAT THE PEOPLE WHO THINK ONLY OF MONEY ARE THE TRUE SUCKERS.
LOVE IS ETERNAL :love::love: AND WILL LAST FAR MORE THAN MONEY OR MATERIAL POSSESSIONS.
GOD BLESS YOU FOR HELPING THAT BIG PERSIAN, YOU HAVE MADE A FRIEND FOR LIME, AND WE ARE PROUD TO BE VOTRE AMIS.

moosmom
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
THAT'S IT!!! I was trying to think of another tattoo. "SUCKER with a kitty underneath"

I'd bet on a himilayan. It's all in the face. The cat's snout and mouth are too prominent to be a Persian. He could also be a mix of both. Boy does HE look PO'd.

Vermontcat
11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
That is so nice of you to take in another kitty in need.:)
I hope to see more pictures after kitty visits the groomer.

nancys
11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
The poor baby - thank you for taking him in.

kb2yjx
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I think I'd stamp compassion onyour forehead!!! You did a good thing!!! He is cute...

doolittleky
11-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks Lorraine for bing such an angel! He is beautiful and I am sure will be even more so once he has been cleaned up.
Melissa

GILL
11-04-2008, 04:14 PM
It's great to have that stamp. God bless

rg_girlca
11-04-2008, 04:55 PM
OMG!!!!! I can't believe this is the same cat that I went to pick up. Poor thing. Also......HE'S DECLAWED!!!!! Poor baby. Yes it's a he and he's neutered.

Here are a few before and after pictures.

Look how plump he looks here.............................Not a happy camper.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures134.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures133.jpg

Look how skinny and tiny he looks now.................Still not a happy camper.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures139-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures135.jpg

I just finished giving him some scritchies which he just loved by the sound of his purrssssss. He seems to be a very docile cat. He didn't even meow in the car. The groomer also said that he was pretty good while grooming him.

Since I got him, I've checked quite a few rescues lost and found sites and have come up with nothing. I even contacted a few vets in our area and the SPCA and nothing. So to me, this person isn't in too much of a hurry to get their cat back and I don't think I would want them to have him back with the condition he was in.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I'm sure anyone of you would have done the same thing.

Taz_Zoee
11-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Awww, he may still be not a happy camper, but I bet he feels a whole lot better!!
So, are you going to name him?? ;)

rg_girlca
11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Taz Zoee, we just call the cat, Minou.

I hope the groomer doesn't suffer any wounds. Are you going to be there with him?

BTW - whatever happened to that neighbour eejit that you poofed Sweet Pea from? There was a male kitty too, right?

Candace, nope, no wounds for the groomer. :D

Yes, there was a beautiful, sweet male named Bob, who went missing one very cold January day. :)
My girlfriend just loves him.:D

Medusa
11-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm sure he's feeling much better now and getting scritchies just added to his pleasure. Ya dun good! :)

catmandu
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
THERES A GOLD STAR BY YOUR NAME FOR RESCUING MINOU LORRAINE, AND IT MAY TAKE A WHILE FROM MINOU TO CALM DIOWN, BUT HE WILL SOON REALIZE THAT HES IN A HOUSE WHERE HE WILL BE LOVED AND RESPECTED.
HE NOW HAS HIS FURREVER HOME AND GOTCHA DAY.
CONCATULATIONS MINOU THE MARVELLOUS :love::love::love:

phesina
11-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Such a touching, heartwarming, wonderful story!

Thank you, Lorraine, and God bless.

rg_girlca
11-04-2008, 07:30 PM
UMMMMMMM....NO Gary, I'm sorry to say that he does not have his furrever home or Gotcha day for that matter. I have no intentions on keeping this cat.
The reason I was taking a break from rescuing is because Poppy has developed a behavorial problem with me bringing in rescues and yes it was confirmed twice by my vet that it isn't medical. Poppy is just pi$$ed off from the other cats coming into the house. Especially into my room because he can't sleep with me. Once they leave my room, he pees on my bed and pillows and where ever else the other cat has been. I went through it 4 times this year and said, "That's it. I can't have Poppy being stressed out like this anymore." BUT, my heart just couldn't turn this poor cat away to be left out in the laneway in the condition he was in and especially with Winter on the way. Poppy is just going to have to deal with it one more time and so will I, when Minou leaves. Hopefully soon and I have quite a few people already looking to find a home for this guy.

catmandu
11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I AM SORRY THAT I JUMPED TO THAT CONCLUSION , LORRAINE.
BUT I KNOW THAT YOU WILL FIND JUST THE RIGHT PLACE FOR MINOU.
A PLACE WHERE HE WILL BE AT HOME WITH A FAMILY WHO LOVES HIM.
BLESS YOU FOR GIVING MINOU THAT CHANCE, HES A VERY LUCKY CAT!!:love::love::love::love:

G535
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Hope he finds a home before Poppy gets too stressed out. :)

cassiesmom
11-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Awwww, Minou! Declawed, how about that? I wish you were closer to me. God bless rg girl ca for taking care of Minou!

Catty1
11-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I hope he checks out healthy at the vet. I'm sure he feels better with all those mats gone!

Give him more scritchies for me. :):love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm glad that he's now much more comfortable and that everything went well at the groomers.:) Hopefully he'll be able to find the purrfect loving forever home very soon. I also hope that Poppy won't pee in your room or on your bed either.

Freedom
11-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Declawed and neutered, and purring like crazy when petted. Well, he was a house cat at some point! How lucky for him that he ended up in your neighborhood! ;)

Maybe it is just me, but he didn't look "skinny" to me in the After photos. Not plump, with all the hair gone, but I didn't see ribs sticking out. Could be the photo, too.

Sorry to read about Poppy. Maybe, just perhaps, Minou will win Poppy over.

I understand what you are going through. Vita has decided she does NOT like dogs living in HER house. :rolleyes: She pees on the dog beds. Almost immediately when a dog gets up, there she goes, trotting over to reclaim it as a cat bed. :eek: For MONTHS, I've been thinking Ozzy was leaking (he is at least 15 years old), or just being Ozzy (he is not house trained). Then apparently Vita got more upset that the dogs were STILL HERE, and she has started going right in front of us. Just in the past week, so I've started taking steps to reassure her. AND I am using Feliway on her cloth sleeve which slips over her regular collar, to try and calm her down.

No matter what, Minou is in a MUCH better situation, with a lot happier future in store, than what he had a week ago. Great job!

Laura's Babies
11-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Freedom- He don't look skinny to me either for a stray or dumped kitty.

My thought is maybe he was dumped because he has a medical condition and the owner didn't want the expense or to be bothered so I suggest a asap vet visit for this beautiful boy.

YOu won't have any problem findin him a home, heck I would love to have him but it just isn't possiable with my gang and how I work. He reminds me so much of my RB Chynna that he is pulling at my heart strings really hard.

Chynna was the sweetiest boy, had the best personality and was so smart. Just remember when you find him a home, we will want updates and pictures so be sure they have a camera and a computer!

catmandu
11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
OR THEY COULDNT BE BOTHERED WITH THE WORK AND EXPENSE THAT A PLUSH CAT NEEDS SO HE DOES NOT HAVE ALL THOSE TANGLES. I KNOW THATS WHY SHAKESPHEARE WAS A STRAY AS HIS PEOPLE NEVER BOTHERED GROOMING HIM, AND GOT TIRED OF HIM WITH HIS FUR GOR TANGLED.:(
PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED ON MINOU.

AT ONE TIME, HE MUST HAVE BEEN SOMEONES LOVED KITTEN.:love::love:
HES PROBABLY WONDERING WHY THEY STOPPED LOVING HIM :(:(

Taz_Zoee
11-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I hope you find Minou's forever home soon. That way Poppy isn't too upset about it.
He is such a good looking cat, I'm sure you'll have multiple inquiries about him. :D

jazzcat
11-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Well I figured your "no more rescues" was case of famous last words, LOL. Your heart of gold couldn't let you turn your back and I knew it. ;)

I bet you won't have any trouble finding a great home for this gorgeous sweet guy. He's very lucky to have found you.

Please give my Poppy Boy some extra hugs and scritchies. Now that I have Rocky on Prozac and see how good it's working I wanted to suggest that to you for Poppy if you decide to stay in the rescue business.

LionHart
11-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Poppy has developed a behavorial problem with me bringing in rescues

Comes with the territory when you have a big heart.

I've lost count of the times bed clothes have been used to show displeasure of addidtions to the family.:mad:

I’m sure you’ll find someone willing to take that beautiful baby.

catfamily
11-13-2008, 10:38 AM
he looks so handsome in his own skin without all that fur.i'm so happy that lady called you knowing you'd help.
i'm sure anyone would want this kitty...but i always say that because of the way i am...not everyone wants a kitty:(
good luck finding a home...thank you:)

Catty1
11-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Any news on Minou?

Or you? Haven't heard from you in a bit, hope you are ok! :love:

kimlovescats
12-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Lorraine, bless your heart! I am just now seeing this thread! What a lucky kitty to have found you!:love: