PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama's Grandmother passes away

caseysmom
11-03-2008, 04:51 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/03/obama.grandma/index.html

How sad that she won't be alive to witness her grandson become the next president of the United States.

Grace
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm so glad he made that trip to Hawaii. Some said he shouldn't have taken time away from campaigning - even some in his own party. If he hadn't gone, those same people would now be castigating him for not going.

lizbud
11-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Very sad that she passed.:( My own Grandmother was like a 2nd Mom
to me & my siblings as my Mom had to work to support us. Grandma was always there for us.

IRescue452
11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
What sad news :( I can't imagine how it must feel to be going through all this excitement and stress and then two days before the election your grandmother passes. I suppose she'll be healthy and strong on the other side and get to watch from above as the election comes to an end.

sparks19
11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm so glad he made that trip to Hawaii. Some said he shouldn't have taken time away from campaigning - even some in his own party. If he hadn't gone, those same people would now be castigating him for not going.

I can't believe people thought he shouldn't take time away from campaigning to be with his family during this time and see his grandmother. I'm glad he went too.

Prayers for him and his family

Karen
11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes, I am sure it probably hasn't even hit them yet, but when it does, our prayers will be with them all. It is just great that she got to live long enough to see and meet her great-grand-daughters as they grow.

blue
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Ild actually be among those who would have chastised him for not going to see her in her final days. I didnt get to visit with my grandparents often, Im glad he took the trip.

caseysmom
11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Ild actually be among those who would have chastised him for not going to see her in her final days. I didnt get to visit with my grandparents often, Im glad he took the trip.

Hindsight is always 20/20 I am sure they understood. I was haunted by stupid things after my mother died, we should never take our loved ones for granted but we all get caught up with the day to day survival.

sparks19
11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20 I am sure they understood. I was haunted by stupid things after my mother died, we should never take our loved ones for granted but we all get caught up with the day to day survival.

I have to agree with that.

I wasn't able to be there for my mom and family when my uncle died unexpectedly. My hubby kept saying that we could buy a plane ticket so I could go home but bringing Hannah really complicated things and we really couldn't afford it at the time as we were JUST about to move into our new house. It just couldn't happen. I really wish I could be there and I have dreams about it.

but I was sure to send cards, flowers and give phone calls and emails to everyone. My dad also went to the wake to give his and my condolences and my mother and father were adament that I really wanted to be there. I am glad everyone understood why I could not be present :(

I dread the day my grandparents on my fathers side go :(