PDA

View Full Version : McCain/Palin

Marigold2
11-02-2008, 10:56 PM
For a while now every time I see John McCain he reminds me of someone, just couldn't put my finger on it.
Same with Palin and then it hit me today.
Why John McCain is Elmer Fudd.:eek: Yes can you see it? He is very Fudd like.
Sarah Palin is Daffy Duck. Dumb and bothersome.
What about Obama, why he is Longhorn Foghorn's nephew, the little bird with the glasses, oh so smart who figures out the problem.
Biden, why his is Bugs Bunny oh course.
Now that I have figured it out, I can go to bed happy.

Sirrahsim
11-03-2008, 07:02 AM
All of your comments about this election have been so full of venom and bitterness :( It makes me feel so sad for you :( What in your life has made you so jaded that you feel the need to focus your negative energy like this... :(

Pam
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
All of your comments about this election have been so full of venom and bitterness :( It makes me feel so sad for you :( What in your life has made you so jaded that you feel the need to focus your negative energy like this... :(

Ditto. I think this is the most nonsensical thread I have ever read and I have been reading threads for 8 years now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

lvpets2002
11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
:o Keep in mind we dont know this angered person's age or mentality.. Also you have to see yourself with respect & happyness before you can see the world or others that way..

caseysmom
11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I think this campaign has reached new lows all of these people running deserve some respect even if you don't agree with their politics.

JenBKR
11-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I think this campaign has reached new lows all of these people running deserve some respect even if you don't agree with their politics.

I completely agree with this. Not everyone is going to agree, but I think it is important to respect the opinions of others. So sad to see the lack of respect.....

Suki Wingy
11-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Am I the only one who thought this was a totally harmless and actually funny post? Because I laughed and then was shocked to read other people's comments.

JenBKR
11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Am I the only one who thought this was a totally harmless and actually funny post? Because I laughed and then was shocked to read other people's comments.

It's not just this thread. There are many others, and so much negativity. I can't wait until the election is over...

Pam
11-03-2008, 12:17 PM

I think it might be funny to someone like my 7 year old grandson who has no idea of the seriousness of what we are talking about and I doubt it even then as he is being taught not to make fun of people. It was just extremely childish to me.

sparks19
11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I just can't imagine what it is like to be so angry all the time. to have such hatred and resentment towards anyone that it seems to be all one can talk about. To the point where it seems to have consumed them.

I also can't wait until tomorrow is over. This election just seems to be bringing out the worst.

critter crazy
11-03-2008, 02:30 PM
What about Obama, why he is Longhorn Foghorn's nephew, the little bird with the glasses, oh so smart who figures out the problem.
By the way, the Name is FOGHORN LEGHORN, and the chick with glasses was called EGGHEAD JR. He was not Foghorns Nephew, but the son of the Widowed Miss Prissy. Just thought I would let you know!;)

Edwina's Secretary
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I just can't imagine what it is like to be so angry all the time. to have such hatred and resentment towards anyone that it seems to be all one can talk about. To the point where it seems to have consumed them.

You should watch Ann Coulter sometime! There is a woman...smart, attractive, well-educated, rich...and so full of hate I find her frightening!

If she wasn't so mean I would feel sorry for someone with so much hate in her!

Can you imagine...she dissed some of the 9/11 widows because they said something she disagreed with. Called them harpies and said their late husbands probably wanted to divorce them. Just plain wierd!

What I can't understand is how she still gets an audience???

lizbud
11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
For a while now every time I see John McCain he reminds me of someone, just couldn't put my finger on it.
Same with Palin and then it hit me today.
Why John McCain is Elmer Fudd.:eek: Yes can you see it? He is very Fudd like.
Sarah Palin is Daffy Duck. Dumb and bothersome.
Biden, why his is Bugs Bunny oh course.
Now that I have figured it out, I can go to bed happy.

I know what you mean.:) When I get something in my head like that, I
can't rest till I figure it out. Seems like just as soon as you stop thinking
about it, it then the answer pops up.:D

Marigold2
11-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Are you kidding me? This was suppose to be funny and light hearted where you got mean and angry I don't know. I am sitting here laughing over the whole thing. :p:p:p I am a very happy person with a slapstick sense of fun. I laugh with my whole being and think the Three Stooges are a riot.
Look, the election is tomorrow, we have watched hundreds of commericals, seen hundreds of ads. I have yet to meet one person whom has changed their mind due to a commerical or ad, some have changed sides due to the debate however. Most people had their minds made up months ago regardless of what the news said.
Many lies and half truths were said by both side, there has been name calling by the people and those running. SNL has done a great fun job of poking fun at all. Many here at PT have stated their opinion and many have disagreed. That is our right as an American.
We all have passion, we have commitment, we have a desire for a better world. We also need some humor.
John McCain and Sarah Palin went on SNL and said much worst about themselves and others.
As for taking this serious I had two sons in the military. One is in the reserves, between the two of them, three tours of duty were served in the Middle East. I know what it means to be the mother of a soldier at war. So don't try and tell me how serious this is. It's not your kid's life on the line overseas. I didn't hear from my son for over 6 months not knowing if he was ok and knowing he was in the mist of the war.
As for poking fun at the canidates yes I did, big woop de do. Tomorrow this will all be over and though it all I have keep my sense of humor and I also know that once I vote I have done all I can and it's out of my hands. 50% will disagree with me and 50% will not.
As far as calling bad names, well I have never heard anyone get upset about being compared to a loveable, fictional, bumbling
character like Elmer Fudd, the name Fudd is so darn funny.
When was the last time someone cut you off in traffic and you called them a Fudd? Hey you, you dirty Fudd you!! :p:p I have never heard that, other words starting with F but never the horrible and mean Fudd. When someone bangs their shopping cart into your new car do you call them Daffy Duck. No of course not. Fudd is funny, very funny.
I suggest you go look for your sense of humor and your sense of silly and your sense of nice. I think Sylvester might have choked on them. You silly Fudd.

Jessika
11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
It's not your kid's life on the line overseas.

How do you know that, though? I'm sure there are others here who may not necessarily have a son or daughter overseas, but a friend or family member. I personally have three of my very best friends who have been in Iraq, one is currently there right now, and another spent the last two years over there.

My opinion about the elections (not necessarily the original post) is that people are getting out of hand. If you don't agree with their candidate choice, you're wrong, dumb, stupid, and every insult in the book. If you ask them why they support candidate X, or why they feel a certain way, they act offended. Since when is having a healthy debate about politics offensive??? Last I checked, asking someone "Why?" isn't offensive... and "Because" isn't an educated response to either of those questions. Uneducated voters are running rampant this election, and to me it seems candidates and media are more focused on getting people to the polls rather than educating them on the policies...

cassiesmom
11-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I am ready for the election to be over. Obama's "post-election rally" in Grant Park has been all over the news for the past few days. The city was trying to limit the number of people in the park who don't have tickets - and then Da Mayor got on the air and told everyone to just come on down. Is the Obama campaign going to pay the city for the cost of extra police, EMTs, and city workers to handle the street closures? I kinda doubt it. What if he wins? I work in downtown Chicago - do I get Wednesday off? I doubt that too.

Marigold2, I'm sorry to tell you they don't remind me of cartoon characters. But I thought Gov. Palin was pretty funny on SNL.

Thanks,
Elyse

Marigold2
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
For people who like SNL, it's on now on channel 3. And it's funny as all get out. Fudd funny/ ;););)

finn's mom
11-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Interesting thread. I haven't read any of the other threads on the debates or candidates, so I'm not aware of any possible negativity or hatred on marigold's part. I guess what I don't get is how referring to someone as "dumb and bothersome" is supposed to be funny. And, call me strange, but I can totally see how someone might not be pleased to be told they remind people of Elmer Fudd. Ah, well.

k9krazee
11-03-2008, 11:18 PM
*blink blink*

Uhh. I'm at a loss for words. Not because of the original post, but at the responses. For the record, I didn't see any harm in the OP's post. I felt as if she was trying to make light out of a serious situation and people got their panties all up in a bunch. It's about time for this election to be over, and this thread proves that.

Kfamr
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
*blink blink*

Uhh. I'm at a loss for words. Not because of the original post, but at the responses. For the record, I didn't see any harm in the OP's post. I felt as if she was trying to make light out of a serious situation and people got their panties all up in a bunch. It's about time for this election to be over, and this thread proves that.

Agreed 100%, well said Ashley.

lizbud
11-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Agreed 100%, well said Ashley.

Amen Kay.:) I know the election is serious stuff, but lighten up people.:)

Cataholic
11-05-2008, 09:46 AM
If the worst thing that happens to someone is that they are referred to as a cartoon character, they are getting off light!

I can't really see taking any 'attack' on a public figure seriously. I don't think Marigold meant anything by it.

catland
11-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I thought it was kind of funny. Maybe some of the people who replied are too young to get the references. :eek:

But the "dumb and bothersome" reference was perhaps overdone. SP reminds me more of Tweety Bird - pretty to look at, but always causing trouble for the cat.;)

cassiesmom
11-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Dear President-Elect Obama,

Please keep in mind throughout the next four years that there were almost as many of us who didn't vote for you as those who did.

Thank you,
One who voted Republican

Alysser
11-05-2008, 07:49 PM
If the worst thing that happens to someone is that they are referred to as a cartoon character, they are getting off light!

I can't really see taking any 'attack' on a public figure seriously. I don't think Marigold meant anything by it.

Agreed. You think this is bad, guys? Seriously have you seen some of the things on SNL/Mad TV? They are all probably used to getting made fun of by now. :p

tatsxxx11
11-06-2008, 05:06 AM
" I am ready for the election to be over. Obama's "post-election rally" in Grant Park has been all over the news for the past few days. The city was trying to limit the number of people in the park who don't have tickets - and then Da Mayor got on the air and told everyone to just come on down. Is the Obama campaign going to pay the city for the cost of extra police, EMTs, and city workers to handle the street closures? I kinda doubt it."
-----------------------------------------------

Actually yes, he is footing the bill; or should I say the campaign is; the cost of renting the space, the clean up; the overtime/extra cost for city workers, police, etc.

From the Chicago Tribune:

Daley Puts Obama Rally Tab At $2 Million

Mayor Richard Daley put the tab at $2 million today for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's Grant Park rally on election night.
Obama's campaign is footing the bill.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/10/daley-puts-obam.html

Marigold2
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I had no idea that anyone would be upset at my sad attempt at humor. :confused::confused::confused:
So I am going to try again. :eek:

John Edwards Peppi La Pew

Dick Cheney Yosemite Sam

Lady's Human
11-06-2008, 08:43 PM
I'd picture Deadeye Dick more of the Elmer Fudd type, myself.