PDA

View Full Version : Another pastel drawing (wolf)

wolf_Q
11-02-2008, 10:47 PM
This is for a drawing class at school. The assignment was to do whatever subject we wanted in any "dry" media (no painting)...I did that panda pic in pastel as the practice for this. I spent pretty much the entire day doing nothing but working on it. :o It's large, 16x20, I have to say I think I'm loving pastels now, I'm going to continue working with them. Rachel I'll start on the pic for you now, I had to get this finished for school first. Anyway, here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/wolf_Q/Pastel/wolfpastel.jpg

Does that look like snow on the nose? I was hoping it would but I wasn't sure if you would know it was supposed to be snow.

ramanth
11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh Amy, that is just stunning. Looks like snow to me! And the added snow on the whiskers is just perfect. :love:

Hope you get a good grade! You deserve it.

cyber-sibes
11-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Beautiful, Amy! I think you really captured the look of snow on that darling nose of his! You are so talented!

cmayer31
11-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Awesome work, Amy! Yep, can tell it's snow on the nose... the snow on the whiskers helps set it off and looks exactly like snow.

Nomilynn
11-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Amy, I kept scrolling down, thinking that that was the photo you worked off of.. it looks great! The snow is very well done!

Taz_Zoee
11-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Wow! I knew right away it was snow. In fact, I didn't notice the snow on the whiskers until someone mentioned it.
I wish I had talent like that!!

captain
11-03-2008, 12:01 AM
I CANNOT believe that is pastels .............. WOW Amy, you truly are gifted.

AND YES, that looked like snow to me ...

Truly, truly outstanding ..:)

ChrisH
11-03-2008, 04:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thud.gif Amy, that work is beyond excellent. What a great artistic gift you possess.

chocolatepuppy
11-03-2008, 05:07 AM
All I can say is wow! That's great Amy. Yep, I can spot snow a mile away.:D

Medusa
11-03-2008, 05:31 AM
I'm just amazed at the talent of artists. I can't even draw a stick figure. I have such good pictures in my head but as the thought travels down my arm and out my hand, well, it doesn't translate. You, my dear, have got a bright future ahead of you should you decide to pursue art. This pastel is stunning and life-like and, yes without a doubt, I knew that was snow on the wolf's nose.

Barbara
11-03-2008, 06:39 AM
I love pastels- and I cannot believe you hadn't much experience with them. This is amazing- and yes, it IS snow that's on the nose :)

anna_66
11-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Amy, that picture is truly amazing! Your so freaking talented!

Laura's Babies
11-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Does that look like snow on the nose? I was hoping it would but I wasn't sure if you would know it was supposed to be snow.

Are you kidding me? :eek: That looks exactly like snow! That picture does not even look like a drawing, it (to my eyes) looks PERFECT! It looks so real! If you don't make the highest grade that can be made, I will be surprised!

Now, how did you get that snow on the nose and whiskers to look so real?

beeniesmom
11-03-2008, 07:47 AM
All I can saw is WOW. I am in awe. You are very talented.

How long did it take to do that?

AdoreMyDogs
11-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Amazing work, Amy. Stunning!

jennielynn1970
11-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Wow! You do such amazing work!! It's soooo real looking! Yoou are just so gifted!

Lori Jordan
11-03-2008, 10:18 AM
That is Fantastic Amy,My sister also draws and it amazes me the things she comes out with,You sure do have a talent,You should be proud of yourself.

Its beautiful!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh yes, the snow is looking real!! Infact I thought that this was a picture instead of a drawing!!
Great work Amy!!

CountryWolf07
11-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Wow, Amy, that is ONE amazing pastel drawing!!! And to answer that question about the snow on its nose, most definitely! Great job. :)

And thank you! I cannot wait to see the drawing of Anna & Rosie.. You're a wonderful friend.

Did you get my card I sent you the other day?

And.. did you use a scanner or take a picture of the drawing?? I can't tell if it's scanned.

Kirsten
11-03-2008, 12:35 PM
That is a drawing?! Looks like a photo to me!! Wow, you're truly talented, I'm deeply impressed! The wolf seems to be so alive, there's so much of his soul in that picture. And yes, what's on his nose clearly looks like snow, it's looking so real that you almost think when you reach out and touch it, you feel the cold and watery snow flakes! You did a phantastic job there!

Kirsten

K9soul
11-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Amy, that is absolutely breathtaking. I had to just sit and stare at the eyes and the detail of the hair and shading for a long time. It is the type of thing I'd love to frame and hang in my house. Wonderful job!

Husky_mom
11-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Are you kidding me? :eek: That looks exactly like snow! That picture does not even look like a drawing

Now, how did you get that snow on the nose and whiskers to look so real?

my same thoughts.... you gotta pass the tip over.. ;)

AMAZING !! as always

pomtzu
11-03-2008, 01:51 PM
That is absolutely awesome! It looks so real that I thought it was a photo! Most everyone in my family has artistic ability - except me of course - I can't draw a straight line!! :(
How I wish I had talent like you!!!!!

DJFyrewolf36
11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
That is AWESOME! :D Sure looks like snow to me! How do you do that with pastels?

Vela
11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Amazing work Amy. I would like to hire you, when I have any "frivolous money" to do portraits of my dogs and horses! You re very talented indeed.

Medusa
11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Amazing work Amy. I would like to hire you, when I have any "frivolous money" to do portraits of my dogs and horses! You re very talented indeed.

I thought the same thing. I wish I had one of my RB Puddy who went to the Bridge last month. I just don't think of those things, though.

K9karen
11-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Amy's awesome artwork of my RB Cody is framed and hanging in the living room.

The wolf is awesome, Amy (as usual). I also thought it was a photograph. And yes, I saw the snow immediately. If you don't ace an *A*, your teacher's blind.

finn's mom
11-03-2008, 11:36 PM
beautiful!

blue
11-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Hot damn wolf Q!! That is top notch.

luvofallhorses
11-03-2008, 11:49 PM
It's very pretty, Amy! :D

wolf_Q
11-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks everyone! I think I worked on it for around 6 hours...not including sketching the wolf on the paper, I did that the night before. Rachel I did get your card today, thank you! :) I'm glad the cards I sent arrived okay too. That is a photo of it, I'd have to scan it in several sections and put it together since my scanner is around 8x10 and its 16x20...so for now I just took a photo of it with my digital camera.

krazyaboutkatz
11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
You're so talented.:) I knew that was snow as soon as I saw it. Some day I need to hire you to draw my cats.:)

mustlovedogs
11-05-2008, 06:36 PM
:eek: Absolutely stunning!!

You have sooo much talent!

And, I definitely knew that was snow. Love the snow on the whiskers, too.

Beautiful!!! :)

Vermontcat
11-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Great drawing!:D
You are so talented.:)
I love the detail of the snow on the nose and whiskers.