PDA

View Full Version : The Cats Chance to Be Heard!

Laura's Babies
11-02-2008, 04:09 PM
It is time for all of you cats to speak your mind now.. My babies have been after me to give them a chance to be heard so here it is... Ask yours if they have something they want to say and let them have the keyboard!

Hi Friends, this is Giz. Hummm, my Mommie seems to be catching me digging into her stuff more these days and won't let me have any fun like I use to. For some reason, she started putting things in plastic bags to make them harder for me to bat around and when I try to get into the plastic bags, she hears me and yells at me to stop.. (How can she hear me when she is in the other room?). I love it though, when she brushes me, I just wish I could get her to do it more.. she always stops to soon, even when I try to grab the brush to show her I want her to keep brushing, she stops.She does tell me all the time how beautiful I am but wouldn't I be even more beautiful if she brushed me more?

This is Amy. Mama's "sweet little Amy" as she calls me. I don't get brushed enough either because Giz is always there begging for her turn and wanting Mama to do her NOW! I haven't been feeling good since that big storm and it hurts to move so I am not moving as much as I use to..HOWEVER, it does feel good to be brushed and I love being in her lap so she can pet me and talk to me. I saw her pull her suitcase out of the closet the other day and I know that means she will be leaving us again soon. I get so lonesome when she is gone and miss her so much. I wish she could just stay home with us but she keeps telling us that she has to do that to buy us food and our medicine when we need it. I love my Mommie!

This is Mama's beautiful Samantha! All I want is to be in her lap or laying by her side. That is all it takes to make me happy...I am SO easy to please. I still play a lot but I don't care about being brushed although I will let her brush me from time to time... But only because it makes her happy and I will do anything to make her happy! (I really think I love Mommie the most but don't tell my sisters I said that, OK?)

Ha! Ha! I am the older more experienced of the bunch of them, they call me BOO! I have changed so much since I came to live here. Now I feel like I finally "fit" in somewhere and am loved like I deserve to be loved. My Sister-Mom really understands me now and I just feel so much better about myself now. Hay, she brushes me all over and a LOT, talking to me so sweetly while she does it, telling me it looks like I have had a complete makeover because my coat is so much prettier now. I love being in her lap and she hugs and kisses me, something I wouldn't allow before and it really feels good, makes me feel so special. I know I am special to her for some reason. I love sleeping with her every night but MAN, she wiggles a lot and I have to move. She has toys here and I play with them from time to time but my favorite thing to play with is the strings on her shoes. The best part of being here is we all get treats every night! Yum! Yum!

RICHARD
11-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Edward speaks?-

In January it will be seven years since I have come to live with the lummox.

Im almost ten years old and I was the runt of the litter. My mom picked me up because I was the runt of the litter and the last one in a box outside a supermarket. I was a tiny little shiat and I could fit into the pocket of my dad's t-shirts-because I was so tiny and didn't have time to really learn about being in a family, I have some rough edges that my dad puts up with.

My mom started not to felling really good and I had to come to live with my dad. This was a real learning experience-I hid for three days under the bed until I decided to come out. I like living with my dad, it sure beat the alternative. One of my mom's kids wanted to take me and I wasn't sure I would have survived that adventure!

Scary.....I didn't get to see my mom again, dad told me she went to some kind of bridge made of a rainbow. Sometimes I sit at the door and my dad tells me that while I look for the birds and the helicopter that flies by every night up in the sky, my mom is looking down at us.

My dad is cool, he makes life easy for me. He gets me really tasty food, cleans out my poopoo from the box and sometimes he hugs me for so long I have to get off his lap and go hang out on my box, where I sleep.

It's not a hard life, dad has a lot of what he calls "patience" with me-when I break things or cause a problem he usually laughs and has some funny story and words to say to me.

All in all? I think I'll hang around for a while.

Dad has fleece blankets and a cool down jacket to nap on!

cassiesmom
11-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Cassie Cat here. My person and I adopted each other when she worked at Blue Cross-Blue Shield of Illinois. She had a co-worker who was also a board member at the shelter where I was living. My person talked about adopting a cat and her co-worker knew just the place! My person came to Harmony House to see and meet the kitties. Her friend/co-worker had told her about some of us in advance.

I was 18 months old when we adopted each other. I'd had a litter of kittens and was living on/under the porch of a family near the shelter. They scooped us all up and took us to the shelter. The kittens went to new homes quickly, but I stayed at the shelter for awhile because I was shy and had "litter box issues".

My person brought me home on a Sunday, got me settled - I went and hid under the sofa, which is a spot I still like to occupy. She was so worried about me not coming out! (But not too worried to go back out and buy a VCR :eek:) I stayed under the sofa for a couple of days. My person's sister came over because my person wasn't sure if I was drinking or eating. My person first petted me by reaching under the sofa! I gradually got braver and now she cannot go anywhere in the flat without me leading her there. I sleep on the foot of the bed at night and she sleeps with her feet against the headboard so we can be snuggle buddies. I love my person, especially at the end of the day when she comes home from work and it's "me time"!!!

Scooter's Mom
11-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Scooter Bug says:
Hey ya'll. My mommie didn't even want me! Can you believe it? She thought three other older kitties was enough. Hah! Fooled her. Her neighbor found me at the school bus stop when I was a little baby of about 5 weeks old. Ann had doggies, and at the time was scared of kitties, so took me to my mommie and first daddy. I am so glad he opened the door that early and took me in to my mommie. She is too! We've been through a lot together, and I love her more than anything in the world, even food. As long as I have mommie, I am okay. I'm her :love: kitty.

Charlie says:
Mommie and daddy adopted me from a rescue organization when I was two and a half. That was Dec 10, 2005. The rescue said I lived in the desert as a feral kitty for awhile. Living inside is nice. I love mommie a lot. I only let daddy pet me when he is sitting down. He's so tall he scares me! My older brother doesn't play with me, he's a little scared. I was lonely until mommie and daddy brought my new sister home last year. Now we're together all the time. I wish she'd leave me some food though!

Jingle Belle says:
I was a stray. It was a few days before Christmas and I was hiding under a car across the street. The neighbor, Lorraine, brought me to the door here and asked if I lived here. Daddy said no, but I never left! I get lots of good food and love here. I am so glad Daddy has a heart of gold. I love it here. I especially love chasing my oldest brother. Mommie doesn't let me near him anymore though. She keeps me and Charlie separated from him so we don't annoy him or hurt him. pfft. Where's my food?

LOL - that was fun.

catmandu
11-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I OFTEN WONDER WHAT MY FOUND CATS WOULD SAY.
GEE THERES SO MANY PLACES TO SLEEP HERE.
THE DISHES ARE ALWAYS FULL TOO.
DO YOU HEAR THOSE CATS OUT THERE, THEY SOUND SO SAD,
I WONDER IF OUR DAD WILL LET THEM IN LIKE THE PANTHER?
IS THAT KING LADY COMING WITH OUR DINNER?
I THINK WE BETTER SEE MICHAEL, HES FEELING A LITTLE LOW.
TOYYYS!!!!
WHATS DAD COOKING AND CAN WE HAVE SOME???
PLLEEAAASSSE!!!
:love::love::love::love::love::love: