PDA

View Full Version : I will join the fray...

DJFyrewolf36
11-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Just this one time...don't think this will be a habit though :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV6rHnELpY

McCain/Palin supporters please note I have heard the following:

"It was taken WAY out of context!"

I don't think so, the report says what it says and Palin is saying it doesn't say what it says. :confused: This confuses me.

I am not a supporter of either side to tell you the truth. This campagin has brought to light the very ugly sides of the people that will run our country for the next FOUR YEARS...yet people are blindly devoted to one or the other.

All I want is for people to think. I am only one vote...but you are another and your neighbor is another...but never underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups.

I'm just putting a bit of butane on this fire :D Do I necicarily agree with the tone/manner of the reporter? While incredibly funny, it isn't professional I will admit. And yes I am aware that this is taken from a liberal news source, no need to point that out (or get nasty about it either. Play NICE on my threads thank you)

Blue, being in Alaska, I really want to hear your take on this. I've only seen this news clip about the whole "troopergate" issue. Has this been an an ongoing problem? Do you have a link to the report or any news articles? I'm really interested in the facts (even though on tuesday it will be irrelevant but I like learning things :D )

Pam
11-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Not being zealous about ANY of the candidates running this didn't affect me one way or the other. We have seen liars in politics before, i.e., "I did not have sex with that woman," and we will see them again. That is a sad truth but the truth nevertheless.

DJFyrewolf36
11-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Not being zealous about ANY of the candidates running this didn't affect me one way or the other. We have seen liars in politics before, i.e., "I did not have sex with that woman," and we will see them again. That is a sad truth but the truth nevertheless.

I agree with you. Just further proof of the sad state of affairs in the world of politics. :D

blue
11-02-2008, 11:15 AM
The link isnt working for me.

The Troopergate BS has been going on since July. Ill dig up some loinks when I get back from breakfast.

DJFyrewolf36
11-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Link fixed...I guess youtube moved it or something :rolleyes:

blue
11-02-2008, 11:38 AM
MSNBC is full of carp.

From the Branchflower report, found here (http://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/10/10/16/Branchflowerreport.source.prod_affiliate.7.pdf).

Finding Number Two
I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was
not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing
factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor
Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her
constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

DJFyrewolf36
11-02-2008, 01:07 PM
A perfect example of there being two sides to every story :). I knew there was more to this. The vid is still funny though

RICHARD
11-02-2008, 01:24 PM
The trooper who was married to Palin's sis did an interview where he admitted to tasering a minor, "because he asked" and also had some problems with alcohol while he was on duty and and while operating a city/state vehicle.
This guy should have been fired right off the bat.

blue
11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
The minor Trooper Wooten tazed was his stepson. The union has been protecting Wooten for quite some time.

blue
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Source. (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/personnel-board-clears-palin-ethics/story.aspx?guid=%7B3DD9381E-7B18-4775-BE31-509070942867%7D&dist=msr_2)

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- An investigation sanctioned by the Alaska Personnel Board has cleared Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations related to the firing of her public safety commissioner, according to a media report Monday. The Associated Press reported that the findings of an independent counsel hired by the personnel board counter those in an earlier, separate report from a state legislative investigation. That earlier report found that Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, abused her authority in firing the public safety commissioner, who has alleged he was pressured by Palin to fire a state trooper who had been divorced from Palin's sister, according to reports.

Someone here at PT posted how both McCain and Palin were both convicted on ethics violations, I allready showwed that McCain wasnt convicted but only recieved a reprimand. The Alaska Personnel Board, the board with the power to act on the charge of ethics violations, has now cleared her of those charges.

Lady's Human
11-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Funny how this comes to light far too late in the election campaigns for it to matter.

DJFyrewolf36
11-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Funny how this comes to light far too late in the election campaigns for it to matter.

I noticed that myself actually. Although I guess I shouldn't act suprised when a politician is accused of being unethical :rolleyes:

Cleared or not the accusations make one wonder...and I'm not taking sides lol.

blue
11-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Now AK's senior, in more ways then one, senator Ted Stevens has been convicted on 7 charges of corruption.

blue
11-03-2008, 11:09 PM

The finding of an ethics violation was supposed to be Hollis French's Oct suprise in favor of the Obama camp. Inside baseball local politics stuff.

smokey the elder
11-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Politicians unethical? Have you ever heard this: "How can you tell a politician is lying?" "His/her lips are moving."

Marigold2
11-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I think Palin will fade away and that she will no longer hold the interest of the people. I believe she has reached the glass ceiling and the reflection was not pretty.

blue
11-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Alot of the sad Alaskans that hoped she would be our next VP are quite happy she is coming back to be our gov.