PDA

View Full Version : The 1 year Anniv.

zippy-kat
09-13-2002, 11:38 AM
Anniversaries are always a big deal to Pet Talk, so I think it's only fair to share this one. Today makes exactly one year since Staci's (Shais_Mom) beloved Shaianne made her journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

Staci ~

You're not alone in remembering beautiful Shai. How could we ever forget the grief those swift feet caused you when you first brought her home? :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/pf79f7527c258cd4d0a7fc68ee87f8a3f/fd475a13.jpg

What a sweet, sweet face ~ What a sweet, sweet soul.

Staci, you're in my thoughts today, friend. I'd give you a great big hug if I could reach you but you'll have to accept one via the internet. It seems like the first anniv. is always the hardest---if you need me, you have the numbers.

Have a good day chicky and know that many of your friends are sending you well wishes today.

Love,
Tonya

NoahsMommy
09-13-2002, 12:22 PM
Stacy,

I'm so sorry you lost your Shai a year ago. :(

You are in my thoughts.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Staci,

I remember very well this day last year. You were very brave, Staci. We are all here to help you through this anniversary. You are not alone. I know that Keegan has helped you and will continue to help.

R.I.P. Shaianne.

Cinder & Smoke
09-13-2002, 12:31 PM
Thinking of you, and Shaianne, Staci...

Be comforted by remembering all the Good Times
you shared with Shaianne!

{{{Hugs}}} from Phred, Cinder & Smokey

Dixieland Dancer
09-13-2002, 12:52 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}}

May the joyful memories make the pain more bearable. And I just bet Keegan and Kylie will help in that area too!!

Ann
09-13-2002, 02:10 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this :( You are in my thoughts *hugs*

She was a very beautiful dog

Sudilar
09-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Staci, I remember so well dear Shaianne and her antics!! The day you lost her, it was like we ALL lost someone near and dear to our hearts. Give Keegan a big hug and tell her that the beautiful Shaianne sent her to you as a special gift. Take care. {{{HUG}}}

sammi
09-13-2002, 03:28 PM
Thinking of you today and remembering Shaianne passing. I hope that by you knowing everyone here is thinking of you will give you comfort. Zippy did a wonderful thing by posting this.

Karen
09-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Those doe-like eyes
Shine off the page
And we know how well
They melted your heart

Still, a year on,
They shine, so soft and brown
From the elegant face
That loved you so well

Shine on Shaianne,
Keep whispering doggy secrets
To your Momma's new baby
Keep shining in her heart

Keep causing her to smile
when she's scolding that new girl,
Remember your naughty moments
And those big brown innocent eyes.

Shine on, Shaianne,
Momma loves you,
We all miss you,
Sweet baby girl, shine on.

Albea
09-13-2002, 04:04 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p572f1d87587f8b3f7401cc31b5725079/fdc09126.gif Dear Staci:
Shaianne will always be with you and, in the last year, she probably enjoyed very much looking at you go through the adventures of Keegan Grace's puppyhood.

Cincy'sMom
09-13-2002, 04:40 PM
Thinking of you today, Staci. May your sweet Shaianne live on in your heart. I'm soory I missed out in hearing all the stories about her, but from everyone's memories it sounds like she was a wonderful girl! Give Keegan an extra big hug today :)

anna_66
09-13-2002, 09:41 PM
Staci,
We're thinking about you on this sad day. I know she will live on in your heart forever & that she is watching over you, expecially today. Just know she is at the bridge with all our pets who have passed and having a wonderful time romping & playing with them all:)

RockyRoad
09-13-2002, 10:06 PM
My prayers are with you and Staci on recovery of this event.

~Even though I didn't know you, and I wasn't here last year, Staci, you were probably a great dog and your family loved you so much, and they still do.~

Logan
09-13-2002, 10:27 PM
We never got to meet Shaianne in person, but through Staci's wonderful words and stories, we all felt like we knew her very well. She was a beautiful, loving, energetic girl. We all miss her terribly.

Love you, Staci. Hugs to Kylie, Keegan Grace, and their special mom.

Logan

Aspen and Misty
09-13-2002, 10:47 PM
O..She is the prettiest dog I have ever seen. I sadly never got to hear stories abotu her, but by her face she had to be a sweetie! I am sorry to ehar she has past on but just rember she will be waiting at the rainbow bridge for you.

Ashley

AdoreMyDogs
09-14-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Sudilar
Staci, I remember so well dear Shaianne and her antics!! The day you lost her, it was like we ALL lost someone near and dear to our hearts. Give Keegan a big hug and tell her that the beautiful Shaianne sent her to you as a special gift. Take care. {{{HUG}}}

I will never forget how shocked I was when I read the dreadful topic of beautiful Shai's last night in her physical body. I was so sad. I remember sobbing...absolutely sobbing. Not only at the loss of a friend, but at the grief and sadness that I had at thinking of what you went through with her and her seizure. Staci, Shai was, and is, and angel. She will be missed, but I am so glad that you have Keegan to fill that great void. Keegan is simply a doll and I think she came to you in just the right time.

This was wonderful of you to start, Tonya. You are so kind and thoughtful. What a wonderful tribute to Shai, and a wonderful thing to do for Staci.

Love,

Leslie, Graham, Kersey & Minion.

shais_mom
09-14-2002, 12:10 AM
Thank you all very much for your kind words and loving thoughts. I still miss her everyday. I think of her everyday. I know that when I go to my parents house and see the cross my dad so lovingly made, with her red bandana that she had on in this picture blowing in the breeze, I know she is watching over me. She was my fancy faced baby girl. I also know that on occassion Keegan goes to her big sister's grave and talks to her. It is kinda obvious when she lays down on top of the grave.
I know she is looking down on us from the Bridge and smiling down on Keegan ("Sweet Shaianne's Grace") and Kylie and I watching over us.
Thank you Tonya, for posting this when I wasn't sure if I should or not. I didn't want to sound like I wanted the sympathy. But throughout the year we have grieved and cried together as a family over different issues. I know when each of our pets pass, it feels like we lost one of our own, and truthfully we have, since we are family. I truly thank God for each and everyone of you everyday. I would have never made it through this last year without each and everyone of you.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
And a special thank you for Karen, that was a beautiful poem. You have a gift!

krazyaboutkatz
09-14-2002, 02:10 AM
Shaianne was a very beautiful dog. Just try to remember the good times that you had with her and know that you'll see her again some day. My prayers are with you and your family.

lizbud
09-14-2002, 02:18 PM
Staci,

I wanted to post before this to let you know that I too
remember your beautiful Shaianne and how hearbroken
I felt for you at her passing over Rainbow Bridge. When
I started to post I started to cry and had to stop. I know
now something of what you must have gone through during
that very sad time.I felt myself sliding back into that deep
dark horrible pit of sadness. I actually thought for awhile
there that I would need professional help to deal with it.
I do believe the prayers & kindness shown to me by all
the people of this Pet Talk community really helped me also.
I really like the fact that you've never changed your login
name. Shais_mom is a wonderful tribute in itself to a truly
unforgettable companion and friend. All The Best, Liz.