PDA

View Full Version : Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I know rain is good, but I don't like it. :( I want to go run some errands and don't want to do it in the rain. My wipers on my car are icky. I don't want to go clean them while its raining.
It's only getting worse too. It seems like its just raining harder and harder as I'm sitting here. I'm going to wait it out and see if it lets up, then I can go run my errands.
All I want to do right now is curl up in bed and stay warm. But I've got things to do. Blah!!

Why can't California live up to the stereotypes and always be sunny and never rain?

This is a completely pointless thread. I just wanted to complain out loud. :) Thanks for listening. :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Come to Orange County. It hasn't rained since April. I yearn for the sound and smell and feel of rain.

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Come to Orange County. It hasn't rained since April. I yearn for the sound and smell and feel of rain.

Really? Let's trade then! :D

Zoee was just whining at the front door. But if I let her out the front I have to go with her and I am not "dressed" or have shoes on. So I opened the back door and normally she bolts out the door. She stood there for about 90 seconds just looking at the rain falling. Finally she goes out to the closest corner of grass and goes potty. LOL :)

I don't mind rain as long as I don't have to be out in it. I too love the sound and smell of rain. But I don't like driving, or walking into a store through the rain. I'm also not one of those people that have to run through the rain like it's going to melt me if I get wet. I have a wash and wear hair style so I can just stroll through it. I just don't like the wet shoes on tile floors, I tend to slip like a fool. LOL

kuhio98
11-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Trade ya!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/ViewEast.jpg

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Trade ya!

Nevermind! Didn't I mention how much I :love: the rain? :p Seriously, I'll take the rain over snow anyday. Sorry Lisa, LOL. Ok, no more complaining out of me, thank you. :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Trade ya!

In a New York Minute!!! Please!!!!

caseysmom
11-01-2008, 03:02 PM
I absolutely love the rain but with a new driver in the house its sort of nerve racking.

Medusa
11-01-2008, 03:32 PM
There's something comforting to me about driving in the rain, not at night, though, because I have trouble seeing. And nothing motivates me like a rainy day because I have no choice but to get some things done indoors since I can't be outdoors. After a while, though, too much rain can be depressing, so I'm w/ya on that. Sorta. LOL

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2008, 03:56 PM
It stopped raining a while ago. I got ready to go and it was only lightly misting. I get my coat on, get Zoee's leash and collar so she can go with me. Get to the front door and its POURING again!!! :mad: Poor Zoee is now at the front door whining. If I just give it another while it will let up again. Sigh.

Giselle
11-01-2008, 03:56 PM
It's raining cats and dogs over on this side of the tunnel, too, Cindy ;)

I'm trying to think of rainy day activities for Ivy, LOL. Maybe I'll go out and train her in the back of a PetSmart or something...

Flatcoatluver
11-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I :love: Rain!! I am the most happy person when it rains! Please send it here, it's my favorite!

RedHedd
11-01-2008, 07:54 PM
They say it's not going to let up until around 11:00 tonight. It's raining buckets in San Francisco and why can't people remember the "new" law - if your wipers are on, your headlights must be on too - day running lights don't count. Just running errands today was dangerous! I'm staying in tonight - trying to get dry/warm. I got soaked through in rain gear!

Twisterdog
11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
I guess the grass is always greener.

It almost NEVER rains here. So, I LOVE rain. I love the smell, how it makes everything seem fresh and new. I also like to drive in the rain.

We, however, get a LOT of snow, and I HATE it.

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2008, 11:10 PM
They say it's not going to let up until around 11:00 tonight. It's raining buckets in San Francisco and why can't people remember the "new" law - if your wipers are on, your headlights must be on too - day running lights don't count. Just running errands today was dangerous! I'm staying in tonight - trying to get dry/warm. I got soaked through in rain gear!

I agree. But I was bad for a bit today when I went out. I was driving along and realized I hadn't turned MY lights on!!:eek: I smacked myself in the forehead for it too. Shame on me!!

Flatcoatluver
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
So I think you must have send the rain are way, because it has been pouring all day. Thank you! :)

Taz_Zoee
11-02-2008, 02:44 PM
So I think you must have send the rain are way, because it has been pouring all day. Thank you! :)

You're welcome!! :D It's not raining here today. :)

cmayer31
11-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I love the rain and snow, but love living in San Diego too, so I can't have both. We had a tiny bit of rain today, but just enough to make my truck look hideously spotted. I did see a lot of rain north of us on the radar though.

Taz_Zoee
11-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I guess it's supposed to start raining again tonight. :( At least we had a break yesterday. It was actually a very nice day yesterday.

lvpets2002
11-03-2008, 10:05 AM

:) Same here in MW Tx.. We are so so Dry.. We Need Some Rain.. Soo send some to TX please..