PDA

View Full Version : Worst Halloween of my Life

kittykatharine
11-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Today, I was passing out candy to all the children who came to my door. This lasted from about 6:30 to 8:30. Once I was done, I went into the garage to see Hercules, because I hadn't seen him all day. I went into the garage and he was no where to be found. My mom and I searched for fifteen minutes before we found him hiding under a piece of furniture. When I picked him up, I immediately knew something was wrong. He was very limp and his breathing was labored. My mom and I took one look at each other and rushed to the car to rush him to the emergency vet. We arrived at the clinic and they immediately put him on oxygen. He wasn't breathing and his gums were turning blue. We then sat and waited. After about 45 minutes, the vet came in and said that he was calming down a little bit with the oxygen. They then came in and presented us with a list of things they wanted to test him for. For instance, FIV (which I knew he was negative because he was already tested), cancer, heart worms, cardiomyopathy, etc. We asked to look at him before making any decisions, and when I went back and saw him in the cage I burst into tears. He looked so horrible. He couldn't breathe and he was crying and vomiting. He looked so scared. My mom and I had decided to try a high dose of antibiotics, steroids, and epinephrine. Just as we decided what to do, he went into cardiac arrest. The vet's asked us if we wanted to intervene, we looked at each other and decided no. Hercules died tonight at 11:30 pm on 11-31-08. This happened out of no where. He was healthy and running around yesterday and gone today. He was only four years old. My family and I are absolutely devastated. He was so beautiful and so sweet. He was our little baby.

blue
11-01-2008, 02:20 AM
That truely is the suck. Its probably better you let Hercules pass on rather then have him suffer, Ild do the same for Erp or Dana 300 my cat the parents addopted.

My NC cats, Cineli and La Vie Clare, the dog cats. Clare jumped into the side of a truck and Cineli up and died the night before I got to NC for Xmass. Clare was wasnt even 2 and Cineli was 10, brother and sister.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-01-2008, 04:37 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry...:(:(. Poor Hercules, he must have been so scared...:(
It was a good decision to let him go when his heart told you it was enough... . It was a brave thing to do:love:

Rest in peace dear Hercules!!

Kirsten
11-01-2008, 05:19 AM
OMG, this is terrible! :( :( I'm so sorry!! :(

I think you made the right decision, he sounded terribly ill, whatever it was! :( Poor baby!

RIP, little Hercules!

Kirsten

Scooter's Mom
11-01-2008, 05:54 AM
I am so sorry. Poor little Hercules. At least you found him and gave him some love before he left for the bridge. He will be waiting there for you.

Many, many (((HUGS))) coming your way.

Medusa
11-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Katherine, I'm so sorry about Hercules. It's always so painful to lose a fur child but when it's unexpected and you have to make a quick decision, it's especially raw. You did the right thing, though, and Hercules is now breathing easily and is at peace. I do hope you're able to find peace soon. :love:

Freedom
11-01-2008, 08:04 AM
How scary. I am os sorry to read that you and dear Hercules went through all this. It does sound like you made the selfless decision and did what was best for him.

RIP sweet Hercules.

{{HUGS}} to you and your family.

jennielynn1970
11-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Oh my gosh... Poor Hercules!

Do you think, and this sounds horrible, but do you think he was poisoned?? With those symptoms (and unfortunately with it being Halloween), do you think someone may have done that???

Rest in Peace beautiful Hercules.

Hugs to you Katherine.

Alysser
11-01-2008, 09:23 AM
OMG, I am so sorry this happened to you. Hercules was a gorgeous cat. RIP handsome boy. (((hugs)))

Catty1
11-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Oh, KK...:(

I am SO sorry for the loss of Hercules. Devastating, heartbreaking...he was just too young...I hope Hercules knew you and your mom were there, even for a moment.

Sending you all the hugs I can.

Prairie Purrs
11-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm so sorry. Such a horrible shock!

Rest gently, handsome Hercules. Watch over your family from the Bridge.

Karen
11-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Rest in peace, little boy.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

moosmom
11-01-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm SO sorry to hear of Hercules' passing. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP sweet Hercules.

kb2yjx
11-01-2008, 11:22 AM
What a shock!!! Sleep softly, dear Hercules....he knows how hard this is for you...

jazzcat
11-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm so sorry. How absolutely heartbreaking, much too young.

Rest in Peace sweet Hercules.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss! You did what was best for him though. I know how hard a decision that was. I had to make the same one for Luke two weeks ago.

It's never easy no matter how old they are!

I'm sure Luke will be happy to show Hercules around the Bridge and introduce him to the others who are there. Rest easy babies! :(

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2008, 02:03 PM
It always breaks my heart to hear of fellow PTers losing their much loved kitties. And when it is so sudden it is even more devastating. As others said, you did the right thing for Hercules and let him go to the bridge where he is running around and feeling good again.
Oh, I can't stop the LES here. :(

RIP Hercules

momtomany
11-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Oh my KK, I am so sorry for your loss. May the prayers that we offer bring comfort and peace to you and your family.

catmandu
11-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Herculese Arrived At The Rainbow Bridge In Time To Get His Wings Of Silver And Gold And To Join The Cross Catada Christmas Angel Tour That Will See All The Best Catada Has To Offer!!
Thats So Sad That Herculese Went So Quickly , But He Knows That He Was Very Ill And His End Came Very Quickly With No Pain.
Hes Going To Have A Great Time As An Animal Angel , But Wants You To Know That Hes Searching For A Place Where You Can All Share The Love That Will Never Ever Die,
One Found Day.

mamaducky
11-01-2008, 03:16 PM
What a perfectly horrible thing to have happened to you all -- I am SO sorry for your loss!

I hope you do have some comfort in knowing that at least you found Hercules before it was too late, so that he didn't have to go to RB alone.

(((((HUGS))))) to you and your family!

Diana

jenluckenbach
11-01-2008, 03:23 PM
What devestating news. :( :( I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Hercules. Please hook up with all the other PT kitties at the RB, they will take care of you.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

rosethecopycat
11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
So sorry to hear that Hercules had such an acute event. I am glad you found him, so he knew he wasn't alone.

So heartbreaking to have a kitty well one minute and not the next. It doesn't give you any time to think.

Whatever it was, he knew he had to let go, it was too much to take. The RB was looking so peaceful that he needed to cross over.

Godspeed, Meezer boy

Emeraldgreen
11-02-2008, 01:39 AM
OMG. I'm so sorry this has happened. It's hard enough to lose a pet when you know it's coming but when it happens suddenly like this, it is so shocking and devastating. I can only imagine how upset you are and I'm just so sorry. {{{hugs}}} :(
Rest in peace Hercules.

todd
11-02-2008, 10:25 PM
wow sorry

krazyaboutkatz
11-03-2008, 10:08 PM
KK, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( RIP sweet Hercules.:(

renopithicus
11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Please know that you are in my thoughts...as is Hercules. May he rest in blissful peace.

Anikaca77
11-24-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Hercules.

Rest in peace.