PDA

View Full Version : Dixie and me

Dixieland Dancer
09-13-2002, 09:11 AM
Let me introduce myself.... this is my first picture of me on Pet Talk! The good looking one is Dixie of course!!! LOL This was taken last weekend at a Hunt Test. Dixie finished her title that day and by the look on her face she knew she did good!!!! :D

http://dogjunction.com/pics/gallery/7855.jpg

Dixie and me with the Judges

http://dogjunction.com/pics/gallery/7856.jpg

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-13-2002, 09:13 AM
Candy! It's so great to finally see you!!! I have been wondering for ages now what Dixieland Dancer looked like! :) Your hair and Dixie's is the same Golden shade!

Congrats to Dixie on her title.

Logan
09-13-2002, 10:22 AM
How neat!!!! Finally, we have seen our Dixieland Dancer!!! :D You both look wonderful, Candy!

I'm sitting here, killing time, over at Clemson University, while my sister and her daughter are on a campus tour. I'm using a public access computer, but I'm so glad I did!!!! :)

Thanks for finally sharing your picture with us!! :)

Logan

sammi
09-13-2002, 10:39 AM
Its nice to see your friendly face and of course Dixie!

lv4dogs
09-13-2002, 11:50 AM
I just see 2 dixies!

ChrisAK
09-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Awesome.:D

Presley
09-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Candy!!! You are sooooo Lovely!!!!! So happy and proud looking and so does dixie!!!!! Wonderful pictures and it is soooo nice to see you finally!!!!!!
Hugs!!
Melissa and Presley

Albea
09-13-2002, 03:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS DIXIE! We always knew you were a very smart lady, and sooooo beautiful. Hugs and kisses from your admirer.
Alicia

lv4dogs
09-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Why can't I see you? All I see is 2 beagles. Is anyone else experiencing this. Boy maybe my comp. really is going bonkers!

lizbud
09-13-2002, 06:28 PM
Very nice to meet you Candy. Great pictures of beautiful
Dixie and her proud Momma. Congrats to Dixie on a job
well done.:)

KYS
09-13-2002, 06:54 PM
What a great 1st picture too!
Finally we get to see a face to
match your posts.
Congratulations to Dixie for finishing her title.

C.C.'s Mom
09-14-2002, 01:55 AM
You're both looking very, very nice. And it's just the way I always thought you looked like.

Cookiebaker
09-14-2002, 03:58 AM
What a beauty--one certainly to be proud of!! Congratulations!! :D

lizbud
09-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Candy,

I forgot to ask before, but what exactly is a Hunt Test?
Is it a test in obedience or retrieving skills ?
Oh, btw, you do look a lot shorter than I thought you
would be.:D :D Just Kidding... Love & hugs to Dixie &
Dusty.

Cincy'sMom
09-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Nice to put a face to a name. Congrats Dixie on your hunting title!

Randi
09-14-2002, 10:36 AM
How nice to see your smiling face, Candy! :D They are lovely pictures! Thanks for posting them! ..... and Congratulations! :)

trisha0503
09-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Beautiful pictures Candy! :) :) It's so nice to finally see you! Now, we'll be waiting for your pictures with Dixie and Dusty !! ;) ;)

AdoreMyDogs
09-14-2002, 10:44 PM
Beautiful, Candy! You and Dixie have SUCH beautiful, proud smiles :) You look so proud, it made me smile :)

A HUGE congrats to Dixie who took home another award :) She is quite the girl with quite the handler/friend/mom.

Wonderful "meeting" you, Candy!

wolf_Q
09-15-2002, 12:17 AM
Great pics!! You both look very pretty! I want to see MORE pics with that new digital camera, Candy!! :)

Dixieland Dancer
09-15-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
Candy,

I forgot to ask before, but what exactly is a Hunt Test?
Is it a test in obedience or retrieving skills ?
Oh, btw, you do look a lot shorter than I thought you
would be.:D :D Just Kidding... Love & hugs to Dixie &
Dusty.

Hi Liz,
A hunt test is basically testing the dogs ability to retrieve and follow commands. The Handler and dog are faced with many different scenerios that could happen if they were hunting birds. In most tests we use ducks but pheasant, quail and pigeons are also used. The test is used to test the dog's ability to mark, scent, honor other dogs find, be directionally guided to the spot without seeing the bird fall and always successfully retrieve and deliver to handler's hand what they find on land and in the water. It is not as easy as it seems. Dixie just got her title for the Junior level and it took us about 1 1/2 years to get the title completed. You have to go to four different tests and qualify on each of those occassions. Dixie did it in four consecutive tries!!! Mainly this is an AKC test for water dogs such as retrievers and standard poodles.

The main thing I Love about hunt tests though is getting to watch these dogs do what they were originally bred to do. If you could see the sheer joy and excitement in Dixie's eyes when she is working, it is a sight to behold and it gives me great joy to watch her doing something she loves so much. She will "DO" obedience but she "LIVES" to go hunting!!!

About me being shorter than you thought..... I am only 5 foot tall so I imagine everyone thought I was taller than I really am! ;) I'm even shorter when I kneel to get closer to my dog!!!! LOL :rolleyes:

Souraya, my hair color is really highlighted in the picture by the sun. I am more of a golden brown (naturally) while Dixie is a Golden red. I love her hair color though so maybe if we ever meet in person I will be the exact color!!! LOL :D

anna_66
09-15-2002, 08:45 AM
Great pic (I can only see one)! You look just like I thought you would! And remember, more pics please:D

wolf_Q
09-15-2002, 01:55 PM
About me being shorter than you thought..... I am only 5 foot tall so I imagine everyone thought I was taller than I really am! I'm even shorter when I kneel to get closer to my dog!!!! LOL

Yay, I'm short too (around 5'3").....power to the short people! We will rule the world! LOL j/k :)

C.C.'s Mom
09-15-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

Yay, I'm short too (around 5'3").....power to the short people! We will rule the world! LOL j/k :)

I'm also 5'3 :) Nice to see I'm not the only one!

anna_66
09-15-2002, 05:40 PM
Hey! I'm only 5'2"

Looks like we have a bunch of shorties here:D

AdoreMyDogs
09-15-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Hey! I'm only 5'2"

5'1" here :) Sofar I am shortest in command :) Hehehe! We should call it "Short Talk", rather then Pet Talk!

Rachel
09-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Where's Sandra? I bet she could compete for this title.

Pam
09-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Hey! I'm only 5'2"

I'm 5'2" too!

Logan
09-15-2002, 10:13 PM
Good grief, I will look like the Jolly Green Giant next to any of you! We already know that I towered over Sandra!!! Even my 11 year old daughter is tall.....already 5'5" and I'm 5'9"!!! :o

Dixieland Dancer
09-16-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs

5'1" here :) Sofar I am shortest in command :) Hehehe! We should call it "Short Talk", rather then Pet Talk!

Sorry Leslie, I am 5 feet on the nose!! LOL :D :D They say as you get older you shrink some. I hope it's not true because I don't want to be under 5 feet. I already have a hard time reaching the top shelf in the kitchen!! :eek:

lizbud
09-16-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey Candy,

I'm 5 ft. 2, if I stretch...:D

Please forgive my lame excuse for a joke. I have a warped
sense of humor sometimes.:) It's just that you were obviously
kneeling down in the picture, hence, the "short joke". Oh well,
I'll be quiet now.LOL. Hugs to Dixie & Dusty. Liz.

pupper-lover
09-16-2002, 08:13 PM
five foot sevener here

By the way, I was 5'2" when I was 10-11.

lizbud
09-16-2002, 08:38 PM
Pupper-lover,

:p :p

Rub it in huh ? :D :D

Sudilar
09-16-2002, 09:24 PM
Well now I just read this post!!
Candy, you and Dixie are just lovely!
Congrats to you Dixie!

Hey, Candy, I'm 5 feet tall, too!!! I didn't know all you people are so SHORT!! Hahaha!!!!!

K9karen
09-20-2002, 10:31 PM
Gawd! I'm so behind! Candy, the pics were just FAB-U-LOUS!!! I just love your beautiful Dixie-Doodle! What a face! Smother her with kisses for me, won't you??? Whew! I'm NOT alone, TG! I'm 5'2 too!! LOL! Logan..Am I gonna reach your belly button??? :D I have to laugh, I see more small women around here with big dogs, and men with the teenier ones!! If THAT'S not some kind of statement... Actually, I think I was 5'6 in a dream once!:rolleyes: