PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! 4 mo old pit puppies to be euthed

tessa_s212
10-31-2008, 07:46 PM
They and their mom were taken away from a very bad situation. Mom has already been euthanized. Puppies scheduled to be euthanized on Monday, 11-03-08. SIX puppies in total. I've been trying for weeks to get these guys into rescue with no luck. We did treat them once for coccidia, but one had already beeen adopted out adn returned because they said it still had worms. They are very sweet puppies, though a bit shy due to lack of socialization both before they came to the shelter and after. Good pups deserving of a second chance.

Located at
Williams County Humane Society
Bryan, OH 43506
419 636 2200

If you can help, know of someone that can help, you can call me ANYTIME at 419 438 9169. If someone can take them, I may be able to help adn offer some transport for them.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii176/WCHSresQtwins/September/019.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii176/WCHSresQtwins/September/005.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii176/WCHSresQtwins/October/PitbullPuppies1008.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii176/WCHSresQtwins/October/Pitbullpuppies1008002.jpg

lizbud
11-01-2008, 04:45 PM
They are so cute.:) Do you know why the mother was put down?
I hope these little guys get a break in life. They all deserve it.

buttercup132
11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
These puppies will be getting another chance at life, I found them a foster :D

buttercup132
11-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Tessa are you cross posting or do you know about this situation first hand?
I do need some info on these babies..

tessa_s212
11-01-2008, 09:38 PM
They are so cute.:) Do you know why the mother was put down?
I hope these little guys get a break in life. They all deserve it.

Because she was a pitbull and also had coccidia. She was an absolute sweetheart and had passed the behavior assessmetn with flying colors.

tessa_s212
11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Tessa are you cross posting or do you know about this situation first hand?
I do need some info on these babies..

First hand. I work at the shelter they are located at. My contact number is 419 438 9169 or you can email me at [email protected] where I can more readily get back to you(don't check forums as often as I should). Feel free to call at any time, as late as 12 any day. I do work, and can't always answer phone. but if messages are left, I'll get back to them as soon as I possibly can.

Right now I do have a rescue in MI that I'm hoping can take most if not all of them. We're already setting up a possible transport for Tuesday morning. She does not yet know how many or if she can take all of them. Some other people have shown interest in adopting them. One way or another, I'm optimistic that most (hopefully all!) will find a way out. *crosses fingers*

BC_MoM
11-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Glad to hear these babies are being worked on. Too bad about mama, coccidia is treatable.

buttercup132
11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Do you know what the rescue is called?
The person I know called today and the manager is calling her back tomorrow once he knows about the 2 getting homes.

tessa_s212
11-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Do you know what the rescue is called?
The person I know called today and the manager is calling her back tomorrow once he knows about the 2 getting homes.

PRECIOUS PETS ADOPTION LEAGUE OF WARREN
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MI330.html

Also have a bully rescue in Indiana that has offered to take some pups.

Depending on how many exactly the Pets Adoption League can take or is willing to take, we can figure out where the rest are going from there. Transport is being set up for Tuesday morning, and I should know for sure how many the MI rescue will be taking by this evening.

lizbud
11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Looks like things are looking up for these pups & that is great.:)

To bad about the momma dog.:( I wish she could have been rescued
sooner. I know small county shelters can't afford to treat every animal.
I guess with the bad economy, people don't have much, if anything,
to donate anymore.

tessa_s212
11-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Looks like things are looking up for these pups & that is great.:)

To bad about the momma dog.:( I wish she could have been rescued
sooner. I know small county shelters can't afford to treat every animal.
I guess with the bad economy, people don't have much, if anything,
to donate anymore.
Although this is true, unfortunately the fact that she was a pitbull played more into the role of her euthanasia than did the coccidia. :( This particular shelter's president hates pitbulls and prefers to euthanize them.

buttercup132
11-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Ok, if you ever know of any more that need out asap even if they have something wrong like momma did pm me or e mail me ([email protected]) and I'll try to figure something out.

tessa_s212
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Six pit bull puppies were at risk for euthanasia. We've found a way out for all six puppies. Rescues are willing to take them. However, we need help with transportation.

We need to get 4 of the 6 all the way to New York. I'm driving them to Toledo, Ohio. We need someone to drive them from Toledo to about Canton, OH.

We'd like for this to take place tomorrow. I'll be arriving in Toledo at 10 am to hand off the puppies.

If ANYONE can possibly help, please call me as soon as possible ANY time tonight or very early morning. My cell is 419 438 9169.

Please help save these puppies.