PDA

View Full Version : I am so UPSET AND ANGRY!!!!!! UPDATE Post #20

rg_girlca
10-31-2008, 05:32 PM
My neighbour down the street that has helped me out in the past with some of my rescues, got a letter in the mail today, advising her to try and keep her cats in the house because there is someone who is using a BB gun to shoot cats that are in the laneway. :mad: My friends cats never go out at night and are always supervised, in their yard, during the day. Apparently quite a few people who do let there cats out for most of the day and night, got the same letter. There is a picture of an adorable tabby with a story saying that this woman's cat was shot twice and one of the BB's is lodged near the cats heart. It would cost her around $4,000.00 to have surgery done and unfortunately she couldn't pay for it, so decided to have her cat PTS. This is so devastating and I hope they are able to catch the son of a bee who is doing this.
Now I have to go around and try to find this gray & white kitten of about 6-8 months old that I have seen limping around. I wouldn't be surprised if he has been shot with a BB also. I just saw him 2 nights ago when I was walking my dog.

Damn I hate people at times.:mad:

Please pray that this monster is caught and no other kitty has to suffer because of this person's cruelty.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anymore news. God, I am SO upset over this.:(

Laura's Babies
10-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Those kind of people get what they got coming but not before they have done their damage. Let someone figure out who it is and his life can be made HARD by people who love animals.. Some idiots think BB guns are harmless. :rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
10-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow, what Laura said just made me think of something.
In high school I knew a guy that did this to cats. He thought it was funny. Besides this horrid act he was a nice, funny guy.

A few years out of high school he was murdered (shot) in cold blood. Now the reason for his murder was not justified. The man that killed him thought this guy had killed his son. It's a long story. But anyway, when Laura said they will get what's coming to them. I'm wondering if this is what happened to this guy I went to high school with. If so, then rest assured they WILL get what's due to them.

catmandu
10-31-2008, 05:50 PM
SAD TO SAY BUT WITH ALL THESE VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES:mad:, THERE ARE GOING TO BE A SMALL NUMBER OF YOUNG MINDS :(THAT ARE GOING TO WANT TO INFLICT REAL VIOLENCE :(ON ANIMALS, AND EVEN OTHER PEOPLE.:eek:
WE PRAY THAT THEY CATCH THIS SHOOTER BEFORE HE TRIES HIS AIM ON OTHER CHILDREN :mad::mad::mad:

Queen of Poop
10-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Have the police been notified that this is happening? Can they step up patrols before the idiots shoot a kid, adult or any more kitties? Probably kids with nothing better to do. They need a good swift kick!!

rg_girlca
10-31-2008, 06:14 PM
I am going over to my girlfriends after I am finished helping my son with his costume. He's going to a halloween party tonight. I want to see the letter myself and see if there is more that was written and I also want to know if the police were notified or not.

Who ever is doing this, need more than a good swift kick in the rear.

Freedom
10-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Prayers that you find teh wee one you've seen limping! Let us know if you find that one, alright?

As for the SOB doing this, :mad: I can't say much as this is a family site.

rg_girlca
11-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Freedom, I went out last night without the dog to see if I could find him/her, but unfortunately didn't see him.:(

I went to my girlfriends last night and read the letter. First off, what I don't get is that this incident happened October 12th and she only got the letter yesterday. Maybe the woman was to distraught before because of the loss of her cat. Thankfully though she had made a report to the police. The cat was mostly white with tabby markings and the letter also had pictures of the x-rays that were taken. One was near the heart and the other one, believe it or not, broke the upper part of his back leg completely in half. I asked my hubby if a BB gun could do such damage and he said "No," that it had to be a pellet gun which has a higher pressure than a BB gun and could kill a small animal. :(
I just pray that this idiot is caught.

kb2yjx
11-01-2008, 11:15 AM
So sad, prayers that this horror is found very soon....

phesina
11-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm glad there is a police report.

Prayers that this *#%^&*$ is caught and gets what he deserves, before any more beloved critters are harmed.

Medusa
11-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I wonder if this person was shot w/a BB gun, even though it might not harm him, if s/he would think it painful. I think I might be willing to be the one to fire off a few rounds of BB's on him/her to see how long s/he could stand it w/out crying out in pain. It's this kind of torture that got me involved in rescue in the first place. Unfortunately, these people are seldom caught and if s/he was, it's doubtful that s/he would be brought to justice because it's "only" a cat. I hear that shameful sentence all too often. Prayers are going up right now that you'll find the little kitten. Halloween may have brought the worst out, though I hope not. I know you'll keep us updated and bless you for searching for this dear creature that God/dess breathed life into and that has every right to live unharmed.

kitten645
11-01-2008, 12:32 PM
This is horrible. It's a sad state of affairs the way our society handles or rather DOESN"T handle animal abuse. :(:mad:Is there someone we can email? Local paper? Police dept?
Claudia

Laura's Babies
11-01-2008, 05:48 PM
I would notify the local paper and TV, they need to warn everyone there is a idiot in the neighborhood with a pellet gun shooting animals..

I would also post signs all over the neighborhood asking if anyone knows anyone in the neighborhood owning a BB or Pellet gun to call the police and report it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-02-2008, 08:10 AM
I would notify the local paper and TV, they need to warn everyone there is a idiot in the neighborhood with a pellet gun shooting animals..

I would also post signs all over the neighborhood asking if anyone knows anyone in the neighborhood owning a BB or Pellet gun to call the police and report it.

I agree with Laura!! This so sickening:mad::mad::mad:

orangemm
11-02-2008, 11:07 AM
The same thing happened in our community a few months ago. An idiot used a pellet gun and killed someone's pet cat. There were articles in the paper, different people offered rewards and the police were involved. So far they haven't caught the perp, but I've not heard of any more incidents.

An eye for an eye...............:mad:

Kirsten
11-02-2008, 11:25 AM
How very awful, Laura!! :( I'll will never understand what's going on in these peoples' heads! :mad: A couple of years ago, we also had a guy in the neighborhood who shot at cats, even killed some. :( Sick bastards!! (pardon my language!)

I hope they'll soon find the guy so that the kitties of your neighborhood will be safe!

Kirsten

Donnaj4962
11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Just breaks my heart to think that some idiot could hurt poor defenseless kitties. How very sad. I hope this person is caught.... SOON! :mad:

momcat
11-03-2008, 11:30 AM
I want to turn that rooster into a hen!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GILL
11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
A lot of people think that a BB is harmless, Some of the guns use a CO2 cartrige, others are pumped. We used too use them for target practice. WE had a 2x4 back stop and found that we culd pumpp the gun enough to penitrate a half inch into the 2x4s.
A sujestion is if you find someone using a BB or pelt gun call the police and tell then that a gun is being fired, do not say what type of gun!
They will be there fast.

rg_girlca
11-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Good news. I saw the little gray & white kitty last night and he wasn't limping anymore. I also found out from another neighbour of mine, that the kitty lives at the end of my street.

My girlfriend, her husband and I went today to the police station to find out if there were any other cats reported being shot and what was being done about this. FORTUNATELY, there have been no other reports of this happening to anyone else's cat. But I was thinking that there is no one who could report if a stray had been shot, unless they are able to get near an injured one. :( Also, the police said that the woman had put a copy of the letter like my girlfriend received, in everyone's mailboxes in the surrounding area about 2 days after it happened. Apparently it happened on the next street from us, one block away. They also said that they have bumped up their patrols in the laneways.
Don't get me wrong, it's very unfortunate that this happened to that woman's cat and my heart goes out to her, but I pray that this was a one time incident like the police said it could be. They said that by the woman putting that letter in everyone's mailboxes and possibly the person's mailbox also, that it put a scare into them enough not to do it again by knowing that the police are involved. I pray this is the case.