PDA

View Full Version : Happy 8th Birthday, Frisk!

Casper
10-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Happy 8th Birthday, Frisk!

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/Friscuit.jpg

Dear Frisk,

This month has been hard.... really hard. I never expected to lose you, and when I came home that day to find everyone crying and heard that you had passed away... it felt like my world had caved in.

While getting ready for school this morning a song by Tim McGraw came on the radio... absolutely perfect for this day.

"My old friend, this song's for you
Cause a few simple verses
Was the least that I could do
To tell the world that you were here
Cause the love and the laughter
Will live on long after
All of the sadness and the tears
We'll meet again, my old friend"

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/DSC01445.jpg

I remember that you had always been the main thing on my mind on my way home from school. When my sister had come home before me, and you were waiting on the front porch for me, I never failed to be overcome with joy. Seeing your face light up and you come running toward me as I opened the door to my jeep, we greeted each other each day like we had been apart for years.

I can't help but laugh when thinking back on those home-movies we made back in the day. When I was Steve Irwin and you were the croc (of course that was the topic of our movies. I was the typical Irwin-loving 10-year-old, after all!). I would wrestle that croc to the ground... its tail wagging and slobbery kisses being given the whole time. Since day one you were the best sidekick I could have asked for.

You put up with so much from me. Allowing me to dress you up and balance things atop your head; you would just sit there with your head held high, never losing an ounce of dignity. And you would let me play with your wrinkles, and mess with your ears, and kiss you a million times on your forehead. Never did you complain in any way, though I did get the occasional "Thats my crazy human..." look.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/DSC00880-1.jpg

Despite being the smallest dog in the house, I always felt safest with you by my side. Dad didn't nickname you "the protector dog" for nothing. I remember when I took you on a ride through the car wash, and the whole time you were sitting in my lap growling to make sure that "big monster" wouldn't get any closer to me. And that time when mum was mad about who-knows-what, and she simply walked past me. In your mind, she must have walked too close, as she still has that scar where you almost took her finger off. Don't worry, there is no hurt feelings. Mum calls it an everyday reminder of the dog she is always going to miss.

We have celebrated so many milestones together. You were, after all, my first dog. And your greatest title: The only longboarding dog in town! One major point in my life I remember best is when I turned 16 and received my license. You took that first "victory drive" with me; sitting in the passenger seat sharing the same level of excitement as I. You have been with me during the highest of the highs; along with the lowest of the lows. You were the one there for me 24/7 after my dad passed away. No matter what, you were there to lick my tears away.

Not only were you there for me... you were there for everyone you came into contact with. Friends who would spend the night always felt so privileged that you chose to snuggle up to them. And if they were blue about something that had been on their minds, you were there to give them a kiss or two to quickly remind them that there are more important things in life.

You wouldn't believe how many people loved you. The day after you passed away I didn't go to school, and within an hour after school started I received countless text messages asking if you were alright. After school let out some of them came over. People that had never cried in front of anyone wept for you. They all agreed that it just isn't the same walking through the front door and not seeing you there.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/DSC01121-1.jpg

Your stuffed doggie that you have had since the first day home, I am taking good care of it for you. I sleep with it every night and make sure the other boys don't tear it up.

Everyone is taking good care of me, too. Ethan has become more of "my" dog. He snuggles me all night just like you would, as he seems at peace with life. His ears are more perkier now and his eyes channel a more soulful look, much like yours. I believe he knows you are alright. Someone else has picked up one of your old habits, too. I remember how, on our walks, you would stop every few minutes to "mark your territory". It was a vexatious habit of yours, but still cute. At the beginning of our first walk without you here, I turned to mum and mentioned how we won't be making constant stops now. Skylar must have been watching you all these years, as he has decided to carry on the duty. Just like you, he stops and marks his territory frequently throughout our walks.

I just wanted to make sure you know that we are all alright.

In honor of your special day Ethan and Skylar will get to pig out on wet food and probably a bit of what us humans are having for supper. Just for this one day, though! And I have already scheduled hours of play time in the backyard. I remember how you always loved taking toilet paper rolls and shredding them to pieces. I will offer the other boys a go at it, too. It will be fun, and I will be thinking of you the whole time, and of how you are the reason our whole family has such a strong devotion to these animals that own us.

So, Happy Birthday my bestest buddy! I bet you are having the grandest celebration. I can just imagine you and dad playing around and having a wonderful time with everyone else up there. Save some cake for me, okay? :-)

Thanks for everything my Sunshine.
Love Always,
Your best friend.

...and
To all my PT friends:

I truly appreciate all of your support. I just ask one more thing of you all. Please, go to each one of your furkids and give them a huge hug and a kiss. I never expected my Frisk to be gone... cherish every moment you have.

Thank you,
Oyster

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/DSC01947.jpg
The last picture taken of Frisk... just 3 and a half days before he made his final journey.

Taz_Zoee
10-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh my, I am sitting here with tears streaking down my face. That was beautiful. I was smiling through the tears as I read.

Happy Birthday Frisk-man!! :D

(Oh how I can't wait to get home to hug my crew!!!)

Husky_mom
10-29-2008, 04:39 PM
this seriously brought tears to my eyes and sorrow to my heart... I´m really sorry for Frisk´s departure... he sure was a lovely dog and so much very loved...

Happy Bday at the bridge Frisk!!... you may be there but you sure left a piece of you in mommy´s heart and everyone who knew you...

caseysmom
10-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I am so sorry that I missed your thread in the memorial section. My condolences on Frisk. Thank you for reminding me to appreciate my babies. I can't imagine how hard that was for you.

Alysser
10-29-2008, 05:03 PM
I feel this is much more important to reply to then my English essay, seriously.

Frisk was always one of the cutest PT doggies I always enjoyed seeing pictures of! I love pugs, sharpeis, etc and he just reminded me of one, he has the cutest smile and wrinkles haha, what a silly boy. You were there for me when Sassy died, and I can't thank you enough for the support. Happy Birthday, Frisk! I hope Sassy is helping you celebrate up there in Heaven.

We love you, cutie! :love:

Suki Wingy
10-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh Frisk! :(
I feel like I miss you greatly and I've never even met you. :love:

FurkidsMom
10-29-2008, 06:45 PM
I had a feeling I would be crying by the end...and I am. What a great tribute to a great friend.

Daisy and Delilah
10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Happy Birthday Frisk Man !!!

That is such a beautiful tribute to the sweetest boy ever. My keyboard is probably going to fry in just a minute from being soaking wet. I miss him terribly too, and, of course, I didn't know him either.
Celebrate and play hard at the bridge, Frisk Man!!! We know you're having a great time right now.

Casper
10-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone. :love: It has been great celebrating today, but I am sure not near as great as the party going on at the RB. I am sure Frisk is with every other PT pup who has passed on and they are all having a spectacular celebration. The thought alone puts a smile on my face. :)

Oh, and I apologize for a few of my sentences being a bit jumbled in my first post. I wrote this tribute little by little over a few days. It doesn't "flow", but I think I got out what I wanted to say. Thanks to all who read it.

Skylar & Ethan had a great time today. I took tons of pictures, but probably won't be able to upload them until the weekend (its my senior year and I have been super busy... that also explains my brief absences from PT). So do keep an eye out for that!

Zippy
10-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Happy 8th Birthday Frisk!:love:
Your mommy misses and loves you very much.As does all of PT.You alwas had a smile on your face in your pictures and I will miss seeing all your handsome pictures your mom posted here.
(((HUGS)))Oyster~That was a beautiful tribute you wrote for Frisk.I know he misses you and you will see him again someday at the RB.He is waiting for you and will greet you like he did every day after school.

chocolatepuppy
10-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Happy Birthday Frisk! What a beautiful tribute to your little man. I'm sure he's having a great day at the Rainbow Bridge.

k9krazee
10-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Awww, Happy Birthday Friskie!!! :love:

I can't wait to go home Friday and give The Hoodlums all a big hug!

Ginger's Mom
10-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Happy Birthday at the bridge, Frisk-man. :love: I am sure there is a great and joyful celebration for you, handsome boy. I will give Ginger and Taz some extra hugs today, to celebrate your birthday; Ginger will know who they are from, I often called her over to see your pictures and how cute you are.