PDA

View Full Version : October has really been a bad month.. now laptop issues? Question.

CountryWolf07
10-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Clicking sound, I am hearing it from the speakers, not exactly sure why it happened or why it's doing that. I just know that it began after I tried to install a printer in, and I gave up after it would not work about 10 times, and now I have a clicking sound. I gave up on the printer, because BEFORE, it was just fine, no clicking and it has been working normally, nothing has been abnormal... I am not sure what to do... I just hope it is nothing serious, because right now, I cannot afford a new laptop or computer, due to financial problems in my family... what do you think is wrong? :confused:

Karen
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Is it perhaps a fan that is just out of alignment? Maybe get a friend with good hearing - not me for sure! - to help you figure out where the sound is coming from. I'm deaf on one side, so have no directional sound location ability.

Hellow
10-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Stick your ear underneath, behind, and on top of the laptop when you hear the clicking sound, and tell me where it is the loudest. Also, does it start when you first start your computer (as in just after you press the power button)?

CountryWolf07
10-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Stick your ear underneath, behind, and on top of the laptop when you hear the clicking sound, and tell me where it is the loudest. Also, does it start when you first start your computer (as in just after you press the power button)?

No it doesn't start right after I do that... It doesn't start at all.. it will randomly start clicking but not after a while. Like it has been clicking for 1/2 hour and now it has stopped.

I am hard of hearing but I will try... but the clicking is "on and off"... ?? It sounds like it is from top......???

CountryWolf07
10-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Is it perhaps a fan that is just out of alignment? Maybe get a friend with good hearing - not me for sure! - to help you figure out where the sound is coming from. I'm deaf on one side, so have no directional sound location ability.

I'm deaf in both ears, but I have a cochlear implant but it doesn't seem to help me much! Haha. :)

I am having my boyfriend look at it when I go home this weekend to visit; he offered to take a look.. he is pretty good with computers/laptops...

jennielynn1970
10-30-2008, 12:35 AM
So the laptop doesn't start at all, and it makes a clicking kind of sound?

When mine was doing that this summer, the hard drive had crashed. It happened very quickly. All I can say is it sounded like there was a spinning and clicking along with it.

I have a Mac, but because my Mac wasn't "factory", and had a hard drive other than an Apple drive, the Apple store wouldn't touch it.

I actually took it to Staples, and they were great, and have very inexpensive support. I bought a new hard drive, and they installed it and helped me reinstall the OS, and it was only $30 or $35. And it was guaranteed.

The Apple store would have wanted an arm and a leg as payment.

CountryWolf07
10-30-2008, 07:19 AM
No no, I can start my laptop with no problems, no clicking at all. The clicking part comes later, usually an hour or so, or even sometimes 3 hours later.....

Karen
10-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Okay, probably a fan, but do have the "good hearing" guy help this weekend!

lvpets2002
10-30-2008, 12:51 PM
:) I agree its prob just the fan inside.. That can be replaced.. I dont think its very costly..

Sonia59
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
We had this on a computer that was over-heating after some time. Indeed, it was a fan.

Hellow
10-30-2008, 04:38 PM
No it doesn't start right after I do that... It doesn't start at all.. it will randomly start clicking but not after a while. Like it has been clicking for 1/2 hour and now it has stopped.

I am hard of hearing but I will try... but the clicking is "on and off"... ?? It sounds like it is from top......???

Either its a fan or you somehow knocked something loose inside your hard drive, that is the only things I can think of.

CountryWolf07
10-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Either its a fan or you somehow knocked something loose inside your hard drive, that is the only things I can think of.

It's either of those two... I will have my boyfriend take a look at it tomorrow night or on Saturday. :)

Thanks!