PDA

View Full Version : still searching for better photo sharing site

IRescue452
10-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I need suggestions for a good photo site. Since photobucket has been having problems I used aol pictures (which had fantasticly instant uploads) but now aol has decided to discontinue the service (I'll be looking for a discount on my bill) and they have partnered with the american greetings photo site. So I switch my albums over to american greetings and upload their photo thingy. I have about 90 pictures to upload and it says 4:38 or something like that, so I was thinking I can handle 4 minutes. Wrong. It 4 hours to upload 90 pictures!!
4 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they say this is their fastest uploader they have!!! No way can I continue using this site.

Suki Wingy
10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
I honestly don't have issues with photobucket. Maybe you can find someone with extra space on their server who'll let you upload stuff there. But then you'd have to resize all of your pictures by hand. I love how photobucket does that automatically as you upload.
What problems haves photobucket been having?

IRescue452
10-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Its just plain not recognizing when I push the open button to upload, on any of the three uploaders (old, new and bulk). No javascript void, no flash issues, it doesn't have any error message.

k9krazee
10-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Have you tried Zoto.com? There's a minimal fee (less that $5 I believe), but it's always been fast and reliable. It also resizes your pictures into whatever size you want. The downloadable zoto uploader also is handy.

Hellow
10-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Always had issues with Photobucket. Their uploader was a pain in the rear end. Their interface is slow. I host my own pictures, on one of my 3 web servers. You could probably do the same.

Suki Wingy
10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
That's so weird because photobucket has always worked great for me.

IRescue452
10-29-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't have a credit card so I can't really pay a fee for a photo site. I ended up leaving the computer on all day and the loader running and got all 90 pics uploaded. I guess if I don't have anymore large photoshoots to upload at once I'll manage. This last one was my little sisters' halloween party. I was hoping to get a bunch of rat pics tomorrow though. I have that wonderful fake alligator skull for an aquarium so I was thinking I could have fun with that and the rats.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-30-2008, 11:34 AM
I really love Flickr. They have a free version but it does limits the size of the files you can upload.

lvpets2002
10-30-2008, 12:37 PM
:) I have always had good service with Photo Bucket.. Never any problems..