PDA

View Full Version : My dauther got her license today...

caseysmom
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM
She turned 16 Sunday and passed her behind the wheel test. She was really nervous so I am happy for her.

I bought her a Honda Civic a few months ago. She is growing up so fast....

sparks19
10-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Congratulations to your daughter :D

Karen
10-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Congratulations! Just remind her that she should never use a cell phone while driving, okay? Dunno if she's an "always-on-he-phone" kind of girl, but I have seen far too many near-accidents near here caused by teens on cell phones, and read too many media reports of people who have died because of chatting or texting while driving has distracted a driver.

carole
10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Tell her well done, now the real worry just begins, i too have a 16 yr old daughter, she passed her licence back in august, and now can drive alone, she cannot take passengers, except those with full licences who have held them over two years,or drive after ten at night, not sure what your rules and regulations are, but it is a scarey time for parents, isn't it? great to see them getting their independence, but on the other hand, it is more for us to worry about, Melissa is saving hard to buy her own car, hopefully we will be able to pick something up at the auctions for her quite cheaply, and put some towards it as her xmas present,we are kind of glad she has not got her own car just yet,we can wait for that, but she can't.

Anyhow congratulate her,it is quite an achievement.:)

caseysmom
10-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Karen, There is a new law just passed in california, all phones have to be hands free and under 18 to phones at all. She isn't one of those on the phone all the time. She is pretty cautious by nature, I could see her checking a text at a light but hopefully not while driving.

She does a lot of sports so this will help me a lot, I have told her over and over again no walking to your car alone in the dark, that is what worries me the most.

Casper
10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Congratulations to your daughter! :)
It sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders, I am sure that makes it a lot easier on you!

caseysmom
10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
She just left by herself! She is going to her sport. My other daughter and I and my other daughters boyfriend were all out in the front yard waving goodbye...

luvofallhorses
10-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Congratulations to your daughter! :)

shepgirl
10-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Congratulations on your daughter's licence. And I have a feeling you'll be on the porch waiting for her return from her sport thing...

*LabLoverKEB*
10-28-2008, 07:57 PM
How exciting! Congratulations to your daughter!

Alysser
10-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm glad to hear your daughter wound up getting her liscense today! That's awesome. I know she'll be a great driver. :) Congrats!

carole
10-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Isn't there a bag of mixed emotions when you see them drive off alone for the first time, one of pride, excitement and fear all in one,and one of i cannot believe that is my baby.:)

caseysmom
10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Well she survived her first outing on her own (and so did I) :D