PDA

View Full Version : New pics of Zachariah and Calloway

jennielynn1970
10-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Got some new pictures of Zachariah and Calloway yesterday. I don't normally find them snuggled together. It started out with Zach on one side of me and Cal on the other. Calloway decided he wanted to sleep on the pillows too, and he curled up with Zach!

I'm actually surprised they both fit on them, lol. They weigh about 20lbs each, if not a little more (Calloway anyway). The last time I took them to the vet, he thought they were littermates, lol. Nope, just fat cats! :p

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1163.jpg

Nice work on the leather arms on the sofa, huh?? Finae and Zach like to scratch on it. Sigh.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1161.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1154.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1156.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1155.jpg

Oh, and one of Zach being uninhibited on the floor, lol. Ignore the rug, it needs to be vacuumed.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1153.jpg

They're still both up for adoption, by the way... Cal will be with me 2 years in Feb/Mar, and Zach off and on for 1 1/2 yrs.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-28-2008, 12:26 AM
They are both so cute and chubby! I wanna *SQUISH* them both!;)

Love the sofa arms too:eek: My leather shoes look like that, and Hubby just bought me a really expensive leather luggage bag.. Lucy found it in my closet, and by time I saw it, BOTH sides are shredded like your sofa, tags still attached:mad::mad::mad:

BTW_When are you gonna give up and stop calling them fosters? LOL You sound like me with my "5 A's"... I have resigned to calling them mine now, noone bought my "foster" story after 2 years:rolleyes::p

jenluckenbach
10-28-2008, 05:20 AM
They are adorable together!! :D

jennielynn1970
10-28-2008, 05:53 AM
They are both so cute and chubby! I wanna *SQUISH* them both!;)

BTW_When are you gonna give up and stop calling them fosters? LOL You sound like me with my "5 A's"... I have resigned to calling them mine now, noone bought my "foster" story after 2 years:rolleyes::p

I'll give them both a squish for ya, lol. They are quite squishable these days! I've tried all kinds of diet foods, then EVO thinking protein would be less weight gain since less carbs. Nooooooo.... my skinny girls got skinnier, but my chubby boys got chubbier! :eek: Calloway was not ROUND when he got here, lol, he actually used to fit behind the fridge. Don't think he can these days!

Well, on the foster deal, believe me, I would love to keep them both (Furbee has been with me for 3 years and still hates everyone. She will snuggle up to me on rare occasions, but would much prefer being an only cat).

I love Zach, to pieces. :love: He is the best boy in the world, he really is. He is by my side constantly, he loves to talk, he loves to cuddle, he's my buddy to snuggle with on the sofa. :love::love: What is not good is how much of a bully he is with the other cats. He will corner them and make them howl, he chases them relentlessly if he is in a bad mood. He can be really nasty. Zach just wants to be Alpha, and it makes everyone else unhappy. Zach can be very aggressive with my 14yr old cat, Honey, and it gets me so upset. Honey is half his weight and so meek. He also used to cuddle next to me, but since Zach, that's not happening. Makes me sad. I miss cuddling with all the cats. So, Zach does have a time out room, because he just pisses me off to no end at times, and I decided to give the rest of the crew a break from the bully.

Calloway... I could keep him forever. He is a love. Sweet tempered and just a wonderful boy. He behaves really well with the rest of the kitties too, and many times will end up being the mediator between Zach and another cat, and he'll give Zach a good swat when he's being a pain. I just want to get his weight back down, I have no idea how he got this chubby, but man, it's worse trying to get him to lose weight than it is me losing weight!

In my heart they are all mine, but in reality, I know that Zach and Furbee would do better in their own homes. That will happen, some day, but until then they have a home with me and I love them no matter what.

Medusa
10-28-2008, 08:19 AM
One on my chest, one on my legs, no need for a comforter, except 20 lb. kitties might make it a little hard to breathe. LOL Gorgeous kitty kats! :love:

Laura's Babies
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
They are so handsome and BIG! I love big kitties on cold nights. None of mine will get close at all. The closest they get is one on my right, one on my left and God forbid, they touch :eek:!

The right homes will come along when the time is right.

catmandu
10-28-2008, 09:50 AM
THEY ARE SUCH BIG HANDSOME BUDDIES AND ARE A OWESOME PURRRFECT CAT DYNAMIC DUO, ESPECIALLY IN THE FOURTH PHOTO WHERE THEY ARE BOTH CURLED UP IN SYCHRONIZED SLEEPING !!!
THEY CERTAINLY GOT SOME SMILES AND AWWS AT THE LIBRARY TODAY!!!:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
10-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh my goodness!! I just :love::love::love: big kitties!! My Tazmoe used to be that big. He topped out at 21 1/2lbs. But in his old age he's down to 12lbs.
You know, big kitties make good warm comforters. But I had success with warmth last night with Zoee laying right by my legs. Paizly was laying right ON me (all stretched out) and then Taz came over and laid across my chest for a while. I was all comfy and cozy. I stayed that way for over an hour. :)

Please give Cal and Zach loves from me too!! :D :D

shais_mom
10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
great pics of two BIG beautiful BOYS! :D

Emeraldgreen
10-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Look at those cute chunky monkies!! They are VERY handsome fellows! That one of Zach stretchin' it on the carpet is awesome. That is a popular position around here with my two fatties Paddy and George. A friend of mine has a theory that the larger guys like to lay this way because once they get into this position, they get stuck so they just stay there. lol :)

phesina
10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Such bigggggg boys!..... all the more to love!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

jennielynn1970
10-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Had to post this update, it's just too cute for words, lol. I can just see him being called by his new name, as it fits him to a T as well.

Hi Jennie,
Zach who was renamed Potter, which then turned into Potpie, is doing very well. My daughter Lindsey named him Potter and her sister started calling him Potpie because he is chubby and loves to eat. He answers to Potter or Potpie. He loves Lindsey very much and she just adores her Potpie. we are grateful to you and others like you that rescue such wonderful and deserving animals. By the way , he takes no crap from dogs, and if they value their lives they don't go near his food.

Jennifer

catmandu
10-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Awww Potpies such an unique name, I dont thin I have ever heard that name in connection with a Cat before!!!
:love::love:
And Potpie has Two Young Ladies to spoil him, so hes as they used to say living the Life Of Riley!!!
Thats such a great feel good story!!!
:love::love::love:

happylabs
10-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Awwww I didn't realize you had a Tuxedo kitty. Could be my Tinker's twin. The only thing better than one kitty snuggled up sleeping is two kitties snuggled up sleeping!

Don't worry, the vacuum hasn't been getting much use at my house either. :D