PDA

View Full Version : May I please have some famous PT prayers?

Nomilynn
10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Hello all,

I was just wondering if I could get some help. I was laid off from my job on October 3rd, and even though I have applied for job after job I have not recieved one call back yet. I have applied for Employment Insurance to get me by, but it will not pay very much and I am starting to worry about how I will pay rent next month. I have cut back on everything, but still, it is starting to get really tight.

So I was wondering if you could spare a prayer or two for me, that I will start getting some call backs and hopefully an interview or two very soon? I want a job, and miss working, and want to get back into it ASAP!

Thank you all, for your help.

Nomi, Tilly and Nutmeg

Karen
10-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Prayers on the way for you!

Catty1
10-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Big PT PRAYERS for you to be working soon!

Many years ago, I was in a retraining course - one woman had an interview with a bank and was very nervous. She said, "There's a million other people applying!"

I told her, "Yes, and you're ONE in a million!" :D

Your job is here for you, and you'll bump into it!:)

Medusa
10-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Prayers going up that just the right job for you is there waiting for you to claim it. :)

mina'smomma
10-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Prayers coming your way. Keep in the game hun. I'm sure it will look up soon.

Cataholic
10-28-2008, 08:41 AM
So sorry to hear this Naomi. Prayers coming to you that you find that perfect job.

4 Dog Mother
10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Prayers coming your way!

Laura's Babies
10-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Good luck on your job search! Prayers on their way.

phesina
10-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Prayers for you to find your new job..

Freedom
10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Prayers from all of us here in RI!

Meantime, take a look at the temp placement agencies. I have used them several times during lean months.

RICHARD
10-28-2008, 06:43 PM
PT is on the case!

Good Luck!

captain
10-28-2008, 07:22 PM
PT Prayers coming your way from DownUnder ....

Daisy and Delilah
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are coming to you from Florida!!

Nomilynn
10-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks everyone :) I have used a couple placement agencies, but I've not signed up for the temporary placements just yet. It may come to that though.

I really think that I eventually want to go back to school to do Human Resource Management at BCIT.. but it's expensive and I would have to be working and do it part time.. dreams, at the moment :)

mina'smomma
10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks everyone :) I have used a couple placement agencies, but I've not signed up for the temporary placements just yet. It may come to that though.

I really think that I eventually want to go back to school to do Human Resource Management at BCIT.. but it's expensive and I would have to be working and do it part time.. dreams, at the moment :)

Try to see if you may qualify for some financial aid.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Lots of positive vibes from "The Gabriels Girls" :)

Felicia's Mom
10-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Naomi, Sending prayers and positive vibes that you find the right job. Good Luck!

ramanth
10-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Many prayers for you Nomi!! :love:

Nomilynn
11-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone!

I have an interview tomorrow! It is with a placement agency, but for a specific permanent position. So.. wish me luck! I feel like if this position doens't work out for me, the person I'm meeting with tomorrow will be able to help me look.. I really got a good vibe from him on the phone, and he even knows one of my references personally :)

Thanks, wish me luck!

Edwina's Secretary
11-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Do everything you can to prepare for the interview. If you can, research the company and write done some questions to ask about it (anything but pay, time off or benefits!)

Spend some time rehearsing how you will answer questions. Think about specific accomplishments you have had in your career to date. You want to use specific examples of your performance in your answers to questions.

Close the interview. Regardless of how you feel, ask for the job. That is best. If you are not comfortable with that...close with "I really want this job and would be great for it because...."

Be sure and send a thank you -- even to a placement agency!

lizbud
11-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone!

I have an interview tomorrow! It is with a placement agency, but for a specific permanent position. So.. wish me luck! I feel like if this position doens't work out for me, the person I'm meeting with tomorrow will be able to help me look.. I really got a good vibe from him on the phone, and he even knows one of my references personally :)

Thanks, wish me luck!

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I sure do wish you the very best in your
interview tomorrow. You sound positive about it & that's half the battle.:)
Let us know how it goes. Good luck.:)

captain
11-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Fingers crossed .......... Good Luck!!!:)

Catty1
11-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here, eyes and toes too! Go get 'em!:D

Nomilynn
11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I just got back from my interview; I spent over 1.5hrs with the agent and really feel like he took the time to get to know me. While he doesn't think that the particular position I applied for would be the best fit for me, he thinks that I would be a good fit for the company, and thinks that this company will be opening up other roles in the near future. So - all good things!

Sara, I just emailed a thank you, and while I couldn't ask specific questions about the company (they stay annonymous unless/until I get an interview) I did ask about the role. He also asked me some of the HARDEST questions I've ever been asked in an interview, but he said I gave excellent answers - so I think I did ok!

Thanks everyone!

krazyaboutkatz
11-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Naomi, I hope that you'll find the right job very soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

captain
11-05-2008, 12:56 AM
That is great!!! At least they took the time to get to know you.

Fingers crossed .