PDA

View Full Version : Dude, where's my car and my dog?

RICHARD
10-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Absent-minded dog lover reunited with pet

A Chinese pensioner has been reunited with his pet dog - a month after he left it in his car and forgot where he parked it.

Wang Zujun, 80, had left his three-wheeler to be repaired - but then couldn't remember the name or address of the garage.

The garage owner left it parked outside a shopping centre in Chengdu after Wang never turned up to reclaim his car.

"I couldn't take care of it forever, and it took up a lot of space at my shop," he said.

Local traders kept the dog alive by feeding it scraps of food through a gap in the window of the vehicle, reports the Sichuan News Network.

Eventually, as the smell from the parked vehicle got worse and worse, they smashed the lock to try to free the trapped animal.

But the dog only cowered inside - so the rescuers instead took documents from the car which gave them Wang's name and address.

The pensioner told them he had spent the last month scouring the city for the car - and his beloved dog - but had been looking in the wrong direction.

"Each morning, I would go out and look for them. The tricycle is nothing to me, but my dogs are my only companions," he said.

When Wang was finally led to his car, the dog started barking wildly and, at the sound of his master's voice, jumped from the vehicle into his arms.

-----------------------

He shoulda sprung for the Onstar or LoJack.:eek:

Laura's Babies
10-28-2008, 05:11 PM
OH MY GOD!.... and they (at the shop) left the poor pooch in there knowing her was in there? :eek:

Twisterdog
10-29-2008, 12:03 AM
How sad for that poor man. :( My mom is almost eighty and starting to become quite forgetful. In a few years, if she had no one to help her and take care of her, and can certainly see her forgetting something like that as well. I'm sure he was tortured, thinking about, worrying about and trying to find his dog every day, while obviously battling his own problems.

The garage owner left it parked outside a shopping centre in Chengdu after Wang never turned up to reclaim his car.

"I couldn't take care of it forever, and it took up a lot of space at my shop," he said.

However, the scumbag who dumped that poor old man's cart AND dog at a shopping center is deplorable! I'm sure he had the man's name, phone number, address ... or could have easily gotten it, just like the traders did. Jerk. :mad:

Marigold2
10-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Working in a Dr's office, (most of our patients are elderly) I see how the mind is affected on a daily basis.
So I am asking a PT people, please, please, please for the safety of all do not let your eldery relatives drive if their Dr has not ok'd it.
The mind changes so quickley within 6 months to a year your mom and or dad can go from able to drive and live alone to not reconizing their own grandchildren.
I know first hand how stubborn and determined the elderly can be in holding on to their independence which most often means driving.
Yet if you saw them drive, went along with them for a car ride you would understand that not only is their life at risk but the public's as well. I cringe, every time some old person comes into the office with a walker, not being being able to hear or see and they drove to the office proclaiming proudly "I am 88 and still drive" :eek::eek::eek:
Please have their Dr check them every year to make sure they are ok, have the eyes, ears and general PT check them and most important go along on a car ride with them and see how they handle it. Yes they might be mad at you for taking their license away however your gilt will be much greater and the pain deeper after they kill themselves and some innocent person.

Taz_Zoee
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
However, the scumbag who dumped that poor old man's cart AND dog at a shopping center is deplorable! I'm sure he had the man's name, phone number, address ... or could have easily gotten it, just like the traders did. Jerk. :mad:

This is exactly what I was thinking. The shop should have called the man to come pick up his vehicle. ESPECIALLY since there was a dog in it!!!:eek::mad: