PDA

View Full Version : The Stuff Of Nightmares For Dog Owners

lizbud
10-27-2008, 12:14 PM
I would have been frantic.:( Thank heaven she was finally caught.:)

Runway runaway: Poodle on the loose delays flights, evades capture for hours at Boston airport
By Associated Press

11:02 AM CDT, October 27, 2008
BOSTON (AP) _ Choochy the poodle is a "runway runaway."

Boston's Logan International Airport officials say Choochy escaped from her kennel as she was being unloaded after a flight from Detroit Saturday night and scampered across runways and taxiways.

Airport spokesman Phil Orlandella says the poodle evaded airport personnel for more than 17 hours and delayed at least eight flights.

About 15 state police, firefighters, operations personnel and even electricians chased Choochy late into the night, delaying flights for up 30 minutes.

Orlandella says the poodle was frightened, tired and hungry when she was finally lured to safety with food early Sunday afternoon.

The dog was treated for minor injuries at an animal hospital and returned to her family.

Taz_Zoee
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Hmmm, they didn't get the owners out there to lure the dog to them? That would have been the first thing I thought of. Instead of chasing her for 17 hours!:eek: I know if it had been MY dog I would have insisted that I go out and get her. I would have thrown a big ol fit!! LOL
But I'm glad she is safe and sound now. That's why flying an animal is so darn scary to me.

Twisterdog
10-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Hmmm, they didn't get the owners out there to lure the dog to them? That would have been the first thing I thought of. Instead of chasing her for 17 hours!:eek: I know if it had been MY dog I would have insisted that I go out and get her. I would have thrown a big ol fit!! LOL
But I'm glad she is safe and sound now. That's why flying an animal is so darn scary to me.

Maybe they had already arrived at their destination. If Boston was a connecting point for them, they may have been on their way to Los Angeles by then.

Indeed scary. But it sounds like the airport staff gave their all towards making sure the dog was caught and safe.