PDA

View Full Version : A Buddy Vent...

moosmom
10-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Hal called me again today. Before I explain, let me say that I have tried EVERYTHING with this guy. Two sided tape, stuff to prevent Buddy from scratching his beloved carpeting, another scratching post (all out of my own money which was not reimbursed). All this guy does is complain and compare Buddy to his deceased cat. He asked me if Buddy would ever calm down. He's a high strung cat! He likes to climb to high places. I just don't know if he'll calm down or if that is just his personality.

Hal told me he hates to yell at the little fella and has been squirting him with water to prevent him from misbehaving. Buddy LOVES high places, so he climbs up on the refrigerator, on the mantle, on top of the tv.

To be honest, I'm tired of the whole situation. I want what's best for Buddy and I know Hal wants to make it work. He really does care about him and I know he'll miss him. He asked me about Soft Paws and is thinking about trying them. But everytime I try something new, it's always outta my pocket.

I told him I'd be over on Monday to treat Buddy's kitty acne and we'd talk then.

catmandu
10-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Sad To Say But Buddy May Get Getting A Negative Vibe From Your Friend Hal, And That May Be Making Him Nervous.
It May Be That Hal Would Be Happier With A Calmer Declawed Cat , Maybe An Older Cat.
There Are Cats For Places And This Might Not Be The Place For Buddy.:(:(

Catty1
10-26-2008, 02:32 AM
Buddy is a very YOUNG cat compared to Hal's older one...and he is NOT the same cat, in spite of the facial similarities.

I wish Buddy had a good home to go to - and you could show Hal a quieter older kitty who really needs a home, as they are harder to adopt out.

Prayers that all works out!

Laura's Babies
10-26-2008, 08:43 AM
You just can't expect a young cat to act like a old one, Hal needs to know that. ALL cat's like high places and theres not a thing anyone can do about that, it is just being a "C-A-T"!

I agree, maybe Hal just needs a older, more settled cat.... Then again, he problaly would complaine that, that one didn't do anything fun that cats do...:rolleyes:

Emeraldgreen
10-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Prayers that Buddy can get a new home and that Hal can get an old cat. :)

Catty1
10-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Yep - I think Hal needs to know that this is NOT working. Far from letting Buddy down, he'd be doing both of them a big favour by surrendering Buddy and getting an older cat.

lvpets2002
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Sad To Say But Buddy May Get Getting A Negative Vibe From Your Friend Hal, And That May Be Making Him Nervous.
It May Be That Hal Would Be Happier With A Calmer Declawed Cat , Maybe An Older Cat.
There Are Cats For Places And This Might Not Be The Place For Buddy.:(:(

:o I will have to agree with Uncle Gary & the others.. Its not going to work out..

moosmom
10-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I just got back from Hal's house, with the intention of taking Buddy back and taking Hal for a ride to the Humane Society to see Sam, the declawed orangie. Well, Hal said Buddy is getting better and he's resigned himself to the fact that Buddy's personality is what it is. I treated Buddy's kitty acne and tried to convince Hal to go to the HS and just LOOK at Sam. I told him that Sam has been at the HS for a long time and is becoming depressed. He said no, that he's afraid he'll get too attached to Sam, which is exactly what I WANT him to do.

I failed. MISERABLY in trying to get Buddy back.:(:(

I have a call into my friend at the HS who is the director of cat adoptions there. I want to try and convince her to allow me to take Sam over to Hal's house and get Buddy back so Hal won't be so lonesome.

All I picture in my mind right now is Buddy looking out the the picture window at me as I'm backing out of the driveway.:(

jennielynn1970
10-27-2008, 10:12 PM
How sad. The fact that Hal is "resigning" himself to Buddy's personality, that's not loving him for who he is. :( That's just an "Oh well, I'll deal with it." Sad for both of them.

I hope that you can get him to meet the kitty from the HS, and that you can get Buddy back and get him into a home where he'll be loved for who he is.

carole
10-27-2008, 10:29 PM
I see things quite differently, i think the fact he has resigned himself to the fact that this is Buddy's personality, may well be a good sign, a real turn around, i think you should still give it a bit more time, it could still work out, he obviously cares for the cat, so let us just hope that things take a turn for the better,i think if he complains anymore though ,you should keep at him to look at the other kitty, here's hoping it all works out for everyone,as you get older one becomes less tolerant and patient so i am told, so maybe that is all it is with Hal.:)

moosmom
10-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I'm giving him a little more time. I figure one more month then that's it.

carole
10-28-2008, 09:25 PM
sounds like a good plan to me, good luck.:)