never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures
off the walls. I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the
night for being drunk and disorderly. And I've never had a dog
run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my
hotel, and if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay
here, too!"

Dixieland Dancer
09-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Great story! I only stay in dog friendly hotels! And I can vouch for Dixie and Dusty... they have never stolen a towel - although I did have to mop up a spilled water dish with one a few times. :eek:

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-12-2002, 02:18 PM
That's great! I absolutely loved it.

Draker has been to several hotels with Andrew and I and he loves it. We too will only stay at pet friendly hotels.

lv4dogs
09-12-2002, 02:25 PM
That is so cute. I LOLed. We also take our dogs everywhere and have stayed in many many hotels (dog friendly of course)!

lovemymaltese
09-12-2002, 03:22 PM
Aren't pet friendly hotels great? Tango loves to go everywhere that I go, so yes he has been to many hotels. One night we were at one and the fire alarm went off, it was so loud. I thought that Tango was going to bark himself horse.

ChrisH
09-12-2002, 03:27 PM
That is really good story.:) Thanks for posting.

Cookiebaker
09-12-2002, 04:10 PM
:D Actually I think I've seen this somewhere...but on the subject of pet friendly hotels, we stayed in one about 1 week after we got Malone. Yes, I was paranoid that he would mess ($50 fee!) but he didn't. Good dog!! :D But I noticed that it seemed like a different breed of people stayed there as well. Everybody was so friendly and helpful! But then again, I am beginning to realize that having a puppy is a great ice breaker, and that may be the difference also.

lovemymaltese
09-12-2002, 04:41 PM
Good dog! No hotel fines. lol

RockyRoad
09-12-2002, 05:36 PM
That was a funny story. I don't travel with any pets, except Kelsey. They get watched over by their grandparents. ;)

sammi
09-12-2002, 06:07 PM
I also think like what you said cookiebaker, pet friendly hotels are more friendly.

FloppsyLadySally - You really travel with a fish?? How do you go about that?

anna_66
09-12-2002, 06:42 PM
That's a great story! Here's one of my own...

We were traveling home from my parents (they live in SC), & we had Angus & Keisha. As we were about to enter a pay toll, the transmission went out, so there we sat. A tow truck picked us up and towed our car to a garage (Oh, did I forget to mention we were pulling a trailer with a 10ftx10ft kennel too?!). Anyway, we stayed in this hole in the wall hotel (don't ever stop in Beckley, W.V.!) & the room was almost no bigger than the kennel we were hauling:eek:
So there we were, no transportation, no gas stations, no restraurants & no food but a few peanutbutter crackers I had with me. The next day we couldn't get a rental car, trailer or flatbed, it sucked! Finally my dad came with his pickup and brought us home, how imbarrasing:o
But I guess I'm rambling. My point was, 2 adults & 2 big dogs in a teenie weenie hotel room for 2 days & 1 night, it was awful. But the dogs they were such troopers even though they could only go out on a leash, and in the room they didn't have enough room to even turn around:eek: It was a nightmare, I'm so glad they were soooo good!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-13-2002, 07:03 AM
Anna, I have been to Beckley W.V. and that town is horrible. Perhaps we stayed at the same hotel coz it sure sounds like it.

anna_66
09-13-2002, 07:47 AM
Ha! Was it called Honey in the Hill, by chance??!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Actually, Anna, I think it was. I made the comment " Honey on The Hill?" More like "Hell on the Hill!"

ramanth
09-13-2002, 11:31 AM
How funny that you two possibly stayed at the same hotel! Small world after all. :D

I haven't travelled with Kia yet where we stayed at a hotel. But I plan to in the future and I hope I'm blessed with a good experience.

:)

anna_66
09-13-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Actually, Anna, I think it was. I made the comment " Honey on The Hill?" More like "Hell on the Hill!"

LOL!! You've got to be kidding! We said exactely the same thing!

Guess it is a small world:D