PDA

View Full Version : LOLOLOL, woman attacked by Obama follower?

RICHARD
10-24-2008, 09:20 PM
I didn't hear about this until the news channels were reporting this was a hoax.

A woman claimed to have been attacked by a 6 foot 4 inch tall black man who punched her out and carved the letter "B" backwards into her cheek, not true it was later determined.

Apparently, people who pull this kind of crap off need not a mirror, but a brain!:D

And I was reminded of Morton Downey, Jr. A now deceased talk show host who pulled off a stunt like the one that happened yesterday....He was one of he pioneers of the attack talk show and was very popular during the mid to later '80s.

From wiki-
In 1989, as fascination with Downey's TV show began to wane, he was involved in an incident in a San Francisco International Airport restroom in which he claimed to have been attacked by neo-Nazis who painted a swastika on his face and attempted to shave his head. Some inconsistencies in Downey's account (e.g., the swastika was painted in reverse, suggesting that Downey had drawn it himself in a mirror), and the failure of the police to find supportive evidence, led many to suspect that the incident was a hoax and a plea for attention. A few months later, the show was canceled. Years later, during an appearance on The Howard Stern Show, Downey admitted that he had orchestrated the entire "attack" -- even shaving the front of his own head in the desperate effort to save his show from cancellation, by its syndicator, MCA.

I love politics. It just serves to show how stupid people really are..:D

Grace
10-24-2008, 10:30 PM
She is one sick young lady. Hopefully she will get the proper care now.

blue
10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Obama will provide her with subsidized re-education.

JenBKR
10-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Since this happened in Pittsburgh, of course, I heard about it before it was determined to be a hoax. I thought it was a bit odd at first considering that the 'B' was backwards.....she has a history of mental illness, so as Grace said hopefully she can get the help she needs now.

lizbud
10-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Before it turned out to be a hoax, she had recieved personal phone calls
of support & sympathy from both John McCain & Sarah Palin. How's that for
jumping on the bandwagon?:rolleyes: Would have made a great campaign
boost for them.

Pam
10-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Before it turned out to be a hoax, she had recieved personal phone calls
of support & sympathy from both John McCain & Sarah Palin. How's that for
jumping on the bandwagon?:rolleyes: Would have made a great campaign
boost for them.

Liz, it seems that in your mind the republicans cannot do anything right. :rolleyes: I would hope that if this had happened in reverse that Obama and Biden would have made the same call. Honestly, I think it's time I use my Ignore button. Your posts are getting irrational.

Richard, that is what I was thinking. This sick gal was looking in a mirror and did it to herself.

RICHARD
10-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Richard, that is what I was thinking. This sick gal was looking in a mirror and did it to herself.

Either that or it's that crazy Cyrllic alphabet.

Here is Lost Angeles they did a news piece on people who are having signs stolen and death threats for putting those signs out...I'll try and find the station and post the links.:(

Grace
10-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I would hope that if this had happened in reverse that Obama and Biden would have made the same call.

I don't think Obama himself called, but some of his staff did call her.

lizbud
10-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Liz, it seems that in your mind the republicans cannot do anything right. :rolleyes: I would hope that if this had happened in reverse that Obama and Biden would have made the same call. Honestly, I think it's time I use my Ignore button. Your posts are getting irrational.

Well Pam, you do what you gotta do, but I'll miss ya.:)