PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts Voting on November 4

Karen
10-24-2008, 06:05 PM
If you live in Massachusetts, or for the rest of you, if you know any Massachusetts voters, please tell them to get to the polls this election day to vote. We all know that the State will go Democratic, it always does in recent Presidential elections, but there is another issue that every vote will matter!

We have a ballot question to ban greyhound racing in the state. Anyone who has seen the deplorable conditions at these race tracks knows that the answer should be Yes on Question 3.

I am not, as you know, anti-greyhound! And seeing a sight-hound run is poetry in motion as I have often said. But the abuse, drugging, injuries and horrors are what this measure is designed to eliminate.

You wanna bet on races? Have people race if you need to, at least there are laws to protect human workers.

lizbud
10-24-2008, 06:41 PM
I sure wish I were eligible to vote there, I would definately support the
ban.:) It's time Greyhound racetracks pass on into the history books.

Karen
10-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks, Liz. I never bring up politics in conversation, but will tell everyone I meet over the next couple weeks that no matter how they vote on everything else, please vote Yes on 3!

lizbud
10-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Would you please let us know if this gets the votes needed?

Karen
10-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Absolutely - it is predicted to be a close vote, so you'll probably hear the shouting all the way in Indiana!

Grace
10-25-2008, 12:27 PM
I have a 2nd cousin in Massachusetts. Just emailed her to vote YES!!