PDA

View Full Version : What do you love about Fall?

sparks19
10-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I am in a halloween/Autumn mood tonight. I LOVE Fall. It has to be my favorite time of year. Here are some of my favorite things about Fall

Carving pumpkins... I do love halloween.

the chill that is in the air. Not too cold that you need a big fluffy jacket... but just cool enough that you might need a sweater.

The CRISP Clean air. it may not actually be clean but it sure smells and feels like it.

BAKED PUMPKIN SEEDS. HEAVEN. and it seems to be something I can only get in fall. I carved the pumpkin tonight and we kept the seeds and Brian baked them up with some sea salt and olive oil. SO delicious.

the leaves (not the raking lol but the colors). I just LOVE driving through the mountains or down a tree lined street in the fall and seeing all the reds, oranges and yellows.

I just love this season. I am in such a happy mood tonight lol. Doing all my fall activites.. pumpkin carving, pumpkin seeds, looking forward to handing out candy to all the kids. I just have a perma smile today :)

What do you love about Fall?

Alysser
10-23-2008, 09:01 PM
NO more humidity to ruin my STRAIGHT hair, whoo! But seriously, I like the cold WAY more then the heat of summer. I love sweatshirts, my friends say I wear them even on the hottest summer days. :p Beautiful colors of the leaves and Halloween. :p

caseysmom
10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Its still in the 80's here but it is cooling down, I love the cooler wheather and the evenings get down to around 50 degrees.

Fall is my favorite time too the leaves the air the whole thing. Wearing flannel jammies and socks again.

caseysmom
10-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh I forgot...cornbread baking in the oven:D

moosmom
10-23-2008, 09:27 PM
If it could stay this way all year long I'd be happy. Cool night air helps me sleep at night, no humidity. I'm in heaven!!

JenBKR
10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Cool, fresh air at night and snuggling under blankets

The leaves changing colors

Everything pumpkin! Pumpkin bread, pudding, pie, etc.

The smells....I can't explain it, but fall has always just smelled so good to me :D

k9krazee
10-23-2008, 10:02 PM
This!

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v344/57/94/40010823/n40010823_33111325_5639.jpg

I love, love, LOVE driving around in Northern Michigan in the fall. It's my FAVORITE time of the year.

I even went to my cabin twice in the last two weeks to rake leaves. I love it.

Hellow
10-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I like how perty the leaves look during fall XD.

sparks19
10-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Cool, fresh air at night and snuggling under blankets

The smells....I can't explain it, but fall has always just smelled so good to me :D

OH the snuggling under blankets. forgot that one. My little slice of heaven... sitting on the couch with a big fluffy comforter pulled up to my neck and tucked under my feet.

and you are right... the smells. It's just crisp, clean and... Autumny ( I know that's not a word but I'm making it one lol)

This!

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v344/57/94/40010823/n40010823_33111325_5639.jpg

I love, love, LOVE driving around in Northern Michigan in the fall. It's my FAVORITE time of the year.

I even went to my cabin twice in the last two weeks to rake leaves. I love it.

OMG that is a BEAUTIFUL picture. STUNNING.

Oh I forgot...cornbread baking in the oven:D

oooooooh good one

If it could stay this way all year long I'd be happy. Cool night air helps me sleep at night, no humidity. I'm in heaven!!

Same here ... To sleep... the colder the better.

Emeraldgreen
10-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Playing in the leaves!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/fall.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/bpicScottandtheboys.jpg

And sweaters, soup and pumpkin pie all by a cozy fire! :)

sparks19
10-23-2008, 10:26 PM
EmeraldGreen....

Those pictures are AWESOME lol. Definitely gave me a good laugh.

Pam
10-24-2008, 06:24 AM
Everything that you mentioned and more (loved the pictures people submitted!) I also love putting away the summer clothes and pulling out a whole "nuther" wardrobe. :p I become more interested in cooking too and am happy to say goodbye to things cooked on the grill and "hello" to my oven again. :) Best of all I love the utility bill. It is way cheaper to heat my house than cool it. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
10-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I love everything that people already mentioned. Plus I love eating Halloween candy! Fall is such a beautiful time of year.

The only thing I don't like is the feeling that I need to eat more when the weather turns cooler...not that I don't like eating (it's a favorite hobby of mine :p), but I don't like all the weight I always gain!

cassiesmom
10-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Like ... leaves changing colors, apple cider, less humidity
Dislike ... days getting shorter (I'm "seasonal affective" so fall is always a struggle for me)

shepgirl
10-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Love the fall colours and the hearty soups. And I love to hear the fireplace crackling, but I don't like the dark evenings or the cold. Today it was only 21 outside and very humid.

Suki Wingy
10-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I love the equinox, when the days start getting shorter.
I love when the air becomes crisp and I don't sweat my butt off anymore.
I love that it gets cool enough for me to start knitting outside.
I love the beautiful colors of the landscape.
I love the excitement leading up to Halloween and walking down the street seeing everyone's decorations.
I love November 1st, which I regard as the start of the new year.
I love a cup of hot tea and a blanket.
I love Thanksgiving and all of the good food.
I love knowing the holiday season is just around the corner.
There are more reasons too.

Uabassoon
10-24-2008, 11:30 PM
It's not summer!

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Fall has always been my favorite time of year because of the cooler weather.:) This year we've been still getting warm days in the mid to high 80's though:( but it's cooling down at night and the mornings are nice and cool.:)

Karen
10-25-2008, 05:34 PM
It's not summer!

Yes! And all the things already listed.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-26-2008, 02:33 AM
The fresh air, the smell of leaves on the ground, the cool weather, and the leaves crunching on walks in the afternoon... SOUP and I think the whole fall season is so romantic feeling!

I also LOVE wearing sweaters and scarfs and all of that!!!:D

I am obsessed with throws (esp. kitty ones) and the fireplace.

I just love it all!;)

QUESTION: How do you bake seeds? I might like to try them out!;)

chocolatepuppy
10-26-2008, 06:57 AM
I :love: fall! Bye bye humidity, bye bye bugs!:D The leaves are beautiful and being snuggly in your jammies by evening is great!;)

I_luv_rusty
10-26-2008, 10:57 AM
I :love: the beautiful colors of the leaves.
The nice breeze outside.
Fright fest at Six Flags- Great Adventure.
Halloween
School football games

RICHARD
10-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Sports!

All the major sports and car racing on the weekends.
Fireplaces.
Opening the front door, wrappping up on the sofa with a blanket, newspaper and SPORTS on a SUnday morning!

sparks19
10-26-2008, 03:17 PM
QUESTION: How do you bake seeds? I might like to try them out!;)

We just clean them and then drizzle a little olive oil on them and put some sea salt on them ... spread them on a baking sheet and bake them for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees :)

I'm sure there are other ways to do it to give different flavors but I love them this way :D

Casper
10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I could write a list a mile long with all the reasons why I love Fall, but the #1 reason is.....

No more mosquitoes! :D

sparks19
10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
I could write a list a mile long with all the reasons why I love Fall, but the #1 reason is.....

No more mosquitoes! :D

LOL I have a similar one... except instead of Mosquitoes ... it is NO MORE STINKBUGS lol.

also another thing about Fall... all those perfect fall and winter comfort foods come into play... like homemade mac and cheese. we had that last night. DELICIOUS.

AND.... Fall means that Christmas is right around the corner... and with Christmas comes coffee mates GINGERBREAD coffee creamer. If you haven't tried this stuff you should. it's heavenly lol

caseysmom
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey sparks that gingerbread is out around here, I just bought the peppermint mocha...I will have to try to gingerbread....

Oh I have another one...pumkin ice cream!

Casper
10-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Oh I have another one...pumkin ice cream!

That sounds really awesome. I love pumpkin but have never had pumpkin ice cream!
Do you make it yourself or is it available in stores?

sparks19
10-26-2008, 04:37 PM
It IS :O

oh I must notify hubby right away lol and we will have to look for it :D it is so good we almost bought a whole bunch last year to freeze hahaha

caseysmom
10-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Its in the stores...I think its dreyers...its even half the fat.