PDA

View Full Version : off to the Dentist ...eek

carole
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Well it is my turn now, I was eating my breakfast cereal yesterday, when i found something very hard and not chewable in my bowl, i spat it out and found a bit of my tooth,at first i thought it was someone elses and felt sick thinking about it,but realised soon it was mine, not sure which was worse,I had a broken tooth filled about two years ago, it really needed a crown, but i could not afford that then or now,so it was filled, i was aware it would not last, but was disappointed it has fallen out so soon, luckily it is where it cannot be seen.

So this coming Tuesday, think of me, in the murder house as we call it here down under, i hate going, even if it is a simple task, i get such bad backache sitting in the chair, infact i have to ask them to raise it otherwise i am in agony,and i like most have a fear of dentist,my anxiety overwhelms me.

I am trying a new dentist, who practices just down the road from my mothers house, so i can walk there afterwards and have a spot of lunch and some time with her, so that will be something to look forward to , i think i will get an xray to see if anything else sinister is going on, as it has been two years since my check up, if only dental treatment was more affordable, luckily hubby got a small bonus last week, we were hoping to treat ourselves a wee bit this long holiday weekend, maybe lunch out, but i guess the dentist is going to get it all, and then some, you know when you walk out of there, you are going to be a least over a hundred dollars poorer.

Ah well it could be worse,such is life eh? thanks for listening.:)

beeniesmom
10-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Ouchie!
I hope the new dentist is decent.
I hate going too. It's so stressful. :(

carole
10-23-2008, 03:36 PM
My other dentist was good ,but i just wanted to try this one, as it is much handier for me transport wise, she is a lady too, i feel more at ease with that too,yes my stomach gets in knots no matter what ,even if it is a simple procedure, just my nature i guess.:(

Karen
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Will they give you a mild sedative before they put you in the chair? That might help relax your back muscles so you aren't in such pain?

Good luck, and I hope it is easily fixable.

davidpizzica
10-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Well it is my turn now, I was eating my breakfast cereal yesterday, when i found something very hard and not chewable in my bowl, i spat it out and found a bit of my tooth,at first i thought it was someone elses and felt sick thinking about it,but realised soon it was mine, not sure which was worse,I had a broken tooth filled about two years ago, it really needed a crown, but i could not afford that then or now,so it was filled, i was aware it would not last, but was disappointed it has fallen out so soon, luckily it is where it cannot be seen.

So this coming Tuesday, think of me, in the murder house as we call it here down under, i hate going, even if it is a simple task, i get such bad backache sitting in the chair, infact i have to ask them to raise it otherwise i am in agony,and i like most have a fear of dentist,my anxiety overwhelms me.

I am trying a new dentist, who practices just down the road from my mothers house, so i can walk there afterwards and have a spot of lunch and some time with her, so that will be something to look forward to , i think i will get an xray to see if anything else sinister is going on, as it has been two years since my check up, if only dental treatment was more affordable, luckily hubby got a small bonus last week, we were hoping to treat ourselves a wee bit this long holiday weekend, maybe lunch out, but i guess the dentist is going to get it all, and then some, you know when you walk out of there, you are going to be a least over a hundred dollars poorer.

Ah well it could be worse,such is life eh? thanks for listening.:)

Sis, When you go to the dentist, you may feel a cyber hand holding your hand. That will be me. I'm having a lot of experience with dentists now. Here are Pittsburgh prayers and thoughts coming to you in New Zealand!

carole
10-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks Bro, i am such a wimp when it comes to dentist, yes i sure know you have had your fair share of them lately, i will gladly take your cyber hand,actually i don't think it will be that bad, if it is just to re-fill it,depends on what is needed, Karen i did take a sedative once at home for dental procedure, you had to take pills before hand, they worked very well, at the time, i felt like i was drunk,but it was a nice feeling, i could not stop laughing, my nawtee daughter took a video of me at the time, i have to say looking back on it, it was hilarious,but by the time i got to the dentist it had worn off, but i still felt a lot more relaxed, actually it is just as well, i would have been very embarrassed otherwise. lol:)