PDA

View Full Version : *~Happy Birthday Alyssa !!~*

Daisy and Delilah
10-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Happy Birthday Alyssa !!! - Have a great day !:) :) :)

I hope you get to celebrate just like you want to and enjoy the whole day!!
Today is my Daughter's b'day too.:)

Freedom
10-23-2008, 08:34 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/birthday/birthdaylicker.gif

Best Wishes for Fun on your special day!

Medusa
10-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Have a wonderful and blessed birthday!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Happy Birthday Alyssa!! :D :D :D

Taz_Zoee
10-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Happy Birthday Alyssa! I hope you have a wonderful day!! :D :D

caseysmom
10-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Happy Sweet 16 Alyssa! Its been a pleasure getting to know you, your a smart and articulate young lady. Are you getting your license? My daughter turns 16 sunday.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSSA!!!!!! You're 16, right? Correct me if I'm wrong...
Have a GREAT day!

Zippy
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Happy Birthday Alyssa!!!!
Have a wonderful day.:)

chocolatepuppy
10-23-2008, 05:03 PM
HAPPY SWEET 16 BIRTHDAY ALYSSA!!!:D

Alysser
10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Hehe, I enjoyed my day immensley. And yes, I'm turning 16. I will be getting my permit soon. I have to take drivers ed first in the 2nd marking period first. Next year, I get a limited liscense and when I turn 18 I can get my REAL liscense. I want a car. :p Anywho, thank you guys! I'm having a party tommorow, bringing 7 friends out to a restraunt. It shall be fun =D

Casper
10-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Happy Sweet 16, Alyssa!
:-D

mamaducky
10-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Sweetie, you know you're in the big time when you get your own PT birthday thread!

Hope you are having a FANTASTIC day, and that you've had a BIG ol' fuss made over your Sweet Sixteen!

caseysmom
10-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Hehe, I enjoyed my day immensley. And yes, I'm turning 16. I will be getting my permit soon. I have to take drivers ed first in the 2nd marking period first. Next year, I get a limited liscense and when I turn 18 I can get my REAL liscense. I want a car. :p Anywho, thank you guys! I'm having a party tommorow, bringing 7 friends out to a restraunt. It shall be fun =D

It must be different in each state...my daughter got her permit at 15 and a half but she had to be enrolled in a drivers training course. She can take the behind the wheel when she is sixteen...we have an appt Tuesday, if she passes that she has her license. She can't have friends in the car with her for a year but she can drive her and her sister to school.

I did buy her a car...she is spoiled but she works her tail off in school, has straight a's and wants to go to med school and dives 10 hours a week. Most importantly she is responsible and I trust her. My seventeen year old just got her permit, she didn't have to be enrolled in the drivers training but she can't get her license till she is eighteen since she got started late...if I bought her a car I would never see her.....

Alysser
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Yup, it's different. Jersey SUCKS with driving laws, and NO I'm not just saying that because I want my permit or liscense. I'm actually TERRIFIED of getting it, I really am. Anywho, yeah at 16 we get out permit. You need to drive 6 hours with a certified driving teacher. At 17 we get a limited liscence IF we pass that driving test. Limited as in amount of passengers. You can have 1 sibling/relative and one other person. Can't drive past 12 AM, etc.. At 18 you are a fully certified driver, no test nessacary to gain that liscence. SO I have a ways to go yet, I'm so nervous about this but I want it trust me. I'm sick of having to get rides to mall, movies, work, etc.

My parents really think I've grown alot this year having a job and all and actually sticking with it. There were times when I wanted to quit SO bad, but I stayed till the bitter end. I don't think I'm going to have anymore hours. The Park closes for the season November 2nd. I've taken the PSAT's, etc. I think the thing that helped most was Sassy's death. I mean obviously it wasn't something good to go through, but it helped me understand alot of things about life and animals and about what I want to do when I'm older. Sorry, I'm rambling alot...but thanks for the wishes guys!

caseysmom
10-23-2008, 08:51 PM
My daughter just took her psat last weekend, how do you think you did? I think schools more important than work anyhow...its okay in the summer but it can be hard during school.

I am welcoming the break from all the driving but I have the feeling I am just going to sit around and worry.

Alysser
10-23-2008, 08:57 PM
My daughter just took her psat last weekend, how do you think you did? I think schools more important than work anyhow...its okay in the summer but it can be hard during school.

I am welcoming the break from all the driving but I have the feeling I am just going to sit around and worry.

Um, truthfully, I thought I did good until I realized how many questions I actually skipped. I think I did bad. I hope not but my mom said she is going to get me tutoring if needed. So no worries with that. Right now I'm passing all my classes, Chemistry is more like a college class because our teacher gives us lectures more then lessons. :mad: And Honors history is okay, I have a 74 right now, I better have passed that quiz we took yesterday. :o How do you think your daughter did? It was definitley not the easiest test in the world, especially after staying at school all day till 9 pm for homecoming, ugh. I hope she does excellent! I am hoping to get at least an average score like 1500-1600. Is she in any Honors or AP classes?

caseysmom
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
She said she aced the math but the english was hard. She didn't realize the english was timed so she didn't finish 8 questions.

She is in calculus so that is a few years over her grade level but she isn't in any actual honors class, she is taking philosophy and gets college credits for it though. She tried honors biology and it was just too much, she has never got anything but a's and 2 b's and she was afraid she would be lucky to get a c in it.

She tried honors english as a freshman...english isn't her thing, she was up the first night till midnight crying I tried to help her can't remember the book it was horrible one of those greek tradgedies I couldn't understand a thing...oh I remember...the odyssey...what a snooze fest!

Alysser
10-23-2008, 09:18 PM
She said she aced the math but the english was hard. She didn't realize the english was timed so she didn't finish 8 questions.

She is in calculus so that is a few years over her grade level but she isn't in any actual honors class, she is taking philosophy and gets college credits for it though. She tried honors biology and it was just too much, she has never got anything but a's and 2 b's and she was afraid she would be lucky to get a c in it.

She tried honors english as a freshman...english isn't her thing, she was up the first night till midnight crying I tried to help her can't remember the book it was horrible one of those greek tradgedies I couldn't understand a thing...oh I remember...the odyssey...what a snooze fest!

Calculus, if I took that I might as well fail for the year automatically. MATH is NOT my thing at all, Holy CRAP :eek: I'm in one of the average or lower math courses, not the lowest, but not the highest lol. Biology last year I barley pulled a B- in each quarter, it was supposedly equal to honors Biology because of the Special program I'm in. I want to be in Honors english, I'd pass with flying colors, and I actually enjoyed the Odyssey, haha. Hated the teacher though, she yelled at me all the time. :P

caseysmom
10-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Its funny how some people do so well in math and some in english, I read the odyssey over and over and tried to help her..did know wtf they were talking about:D It was torture!

Ginger's Mom
10-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Belated Happy Birthday, Alyssa! Hope you have a great time with your friends tonight.

cassiesmom
10-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Happy belated birthday, Alysser -- hope it was very happy!!

jennielynn1970
10-24-2008, 10:44 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/3.gif

(sorry it's late!!!)

Miss Z
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
*slaps hand to forehead*

Sometimes, having a lot of schoolwork and missing PT time is such a drag.

Can't believe I missed your 16th birthday, Alyssa!!! I remembered this morning that October was the month of your birthday and thought perhaps you maybe hadn't had it yet, but as per usual, I'll say 'Happy belated birthday - hope you had a blast!'

:D